Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ End ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am sitting in my room at this very moment. Shikamaru has picked out his squad to pursue Sasuke and bring him back. I chose not to go for many reasons. But that doesn't mean I'm not going at all. It's called waiting for the opportune moment to attack, and that's just what I'll do. The squad will have to narrow down to one person, that one person left will chase Sasuke. And I will be the one to make the ultimate surprise. So now, I am getting ready for probably my most dangerous mission yet.
 
“Sakura?” I head someone from the other side of my door. I remained silent, already knowing who the shrilly voice was. The doorknob turned away, and I saw those stupid blue eyes I hated the most. They reminded me of people I didn't want to think about.
 
“What.” I said, so flatly that it didn't even sound like a question. She stared at me, stunned, probably because of my appearance.
 
My hair had suddenly grown longer over the period of time since yesterday. Probably from the stress and pressure from yesterday, I guessed. It was coral red, and back to my waist again.
 
“Your hair just grew back again…THAT'S NOT FAIR!!” Ino shouted slamming the door behind her as she stomped next to my bed. I waited for the wailing to begin, but she was actually calm now. “So, you saw Sasuke before he left?”
 
“Yes,” I said curtly. I pursed my lips and continued on. “I'm going after him soon. I have my clothes ready.”
 
Ino turned to where my finger was pointing and saw clothes neatly folded on a chair. A blue jacket with a high collar, blue sweat capris, and a black tank top was on my chair.
 
“Why are you going? They already sent out a team, right?” Ino asked. I shrugged.
 
“I have my own personal reasons, and I want to speak with Sasuke again before he leaves. There's something important I need to say.” I answered. She looked at me bewildered and I stared back emotionless. This is all Sasuke's fault. If he hadn't said those things to me months ago, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. I swear.
 
“…Do you promise to come back?” She demanded. I looked into her eyes that were welling up with tears.
 
“No,” I said, truthfully. “I might die.”
 
“Sakura…!” Ino wailed pulling me into a hug. My mouth pulled down into a deep scowl as I pried her off of me. She stared at he hiccupping. “Don't die…”
 
“I can't guarantee that Ino. Even if I do come back, I won't ever be the same,” I said flatly. What else was I supposed to say? Oh, I'm just going to Candy Mountain to have a chat with Charlie and then I'll come right back. Would you like a lollipop as a souvenir?
 
“Please?” She begged. I raised three fingers and gave in.
 
“Scout's honor.” I swore, not really meaning it. There was no way in hell I was coming back ay okay. How disappointing.
 
***Sasuke POV (time skip srry)
 
We were standing on the heads of two giant statues. Naruto on one, me on the other. We had a stare down in silence, not really counting the time. He chased me all this time, for what? I wasn't coming back. Not by a long shot.
 
“Sasuke.” Naruto said in a flat voice. I focused on him more and realized he didn't say anything at all. He was looking down, staring in awe. I looked where he was looking and saw someone standing on the water with a black umbrella blocking water spaying from the waterfall.
 
“Zakura?” I called waiting for an answer. They didn't reply after a few minutes. Time kept going until the sun moved a bit more overhead. The light shown over the person and I didn't recognize him/her. In a flash, the person appeared right in front of me, umbrella blocking their face.
 
The clothes obviously signified a girl. She had a faded red and black striped t-shirt that was cropped, crimson red shorts with gauze wrapped loosely around it for no apparent reason, black fingerless gloves, and a metal anklet.
 
“Sasuke.” She said again in the same flat voice. The wind blew lightly, but somehow the umbrella sill flew out of her hand. At first I only saw coral red hair up to her waist blowing in the wind and a black bandana around her forehead. My vision became clearer, and I saw Sakura with piercing sea foam eyes and expressionless face.
 
“Sakura…” I muttered in awe. She changed so much in just one day. Sakura kept staring at me with her piercing eyes. She leaned forward slowly and tilted her head. I felt her hands grab my face and crash her lips on mine. She moved around roughly, and then pushed me away. I saw her pull out a locket from her pocket. (XD rhymez…)
 
“I only have a few things to saw to you and I'll be on my way,” She stated holding the locket in front of my face. “Inside this trinket is a picture of you, obviously. And I intend to keep it that way. You can run along to your little snake master as you please, I will not stop you. But I'll warn you Sasuke. Step foot in this village again thinking I'll be waiting in open arms, you're dead wrong.”
 
You got a year buddy, and then the chase begins. So once you leave the borders of Konoha, you will no longer be my dear Sasuke and I will no longer be your beloved Sakura you once knew. Things change Sasuke. Life is all about decisions; you just have to make the right ones. And right now, you are making the wrong decision. So this is goodbye to you, and me. Oh, and one more thing…”
 
I stood waiting for what she was going to say. She bared her teeth at me and punched me in the gut before jumping back down onto the water.
 
“Farewell, Sasuke.”
 
***ZakuraPOV
 
I had to hide back a laugh. Even though Lee wasn't drunk anymore, just picturing it again was funny. I had a silent laugh attack behind the trees and bushes I was hiding in. I wiped a tear from my eye. Good times…
 
Yea, so Gaara came to the rescue. He's fighting Kimimaro right now, the awesome bone guy. It was really nasty when he pulled out his spinal cord though. But when I saw Lee's face, I had to laugh again. And that brings us to now, where I'm trying to stop myself from laughing.
 
“I got you now!!” I heard Kimimaro yell. I immediately stopped laughing when I realized the bone sword thingy was going straight for Gaara when he was defenseless while saving Lee from some other attack. ZAKURA TO THE RESCUE!!!
 
I appeared right in front of Gaara and caught the bone with one hand right in front of my face. Man, if he damaged my face there would've been limbs flying. Like that was gonna stop me from tearing his limbs off anyway…
 
“Kimimaro.” I greeted, smiling my sweetest smile. He seemed to recognize me.
 
“Zakura.” He greeted snatching his bone back. Ha ha. I turned to Gaara, who was staring at me with a surprised expression. He narrowed his eyes when he realized who I was. I pouted in disappointment. Would he ever be glad to see me one day?
 
“What's up Gaara?” I asked waving. He scowled at me and I pouted even more. “Why do have to be so mean all the time? I just saved your ass…”
 
“I didn't need saving moron.” He replied icily. My lip twitched eager to spit something back, but I bit my tongue. This dude is getting on me nerves.
 
You SO needed saving! I saw you getting all scared for second! -Was what I wanted to retort. “Whatever.”
 
I turned back around and saw Kimimaro's face looking uncomfortable. He wasn't staring at my face, but my clothes. My face twisted into a snarl. Pervert…
 
I had baggy black sweat pants (styled like tenten in shippuden), a low blue tank stop with one strap, and black flats. Plus, my hair was straighter than usual. I dunno why. Whatever.
 
“WHAT?!” I asked throwing my hands in the air with exasperation. He cleared is throat and went into fighting stance. I scowled. God dammit…
 
“Move,” Gaara commanded as his sand pushed me out of the way. I shoved him back and started fighting Kimimaro all by my self!
 
Yea, so Kimimaro's ribs started sticking out his stomach and I was all like `Bleah' and he just kept on fighting. Hell yea I know it hurt to just randomly pull your bones out of your body! Do you know how many times I've broken them?! Too many! Then I felt sand grab me from behind and yank me to the grass.
 
“What the fuck man?!” I yelled struggling against it. I watched Gaara pass by me and get ready to fight again. “This ain't right man! This ain't right!!”
 
Oh yes, thanks Gaara! Leave me strapped down onto the grass while you kick the ass of he guy I WAS SUPPOSED TO KICK THE ASS OF. And thank you karma for being a jackass. -coughs- mutha fucka -coughs-
 
“Oh yea…” I muttered realizing my rescue plan. I could always just get up like I did last time! I sat up and shazaam, I'm free bitches! I looked around and immediately fell back down when there was a freaky earthquake and white stuff flew into the sky. Can you saw what the fuck?! Well, I can.
 
“What the fuck?!” I screamed. The sand underneath me starting rising and it brought me with it! This is an official what the fuck moment! “Gaara, what the fuck dude!!”
 
“It's over…” Lee muttered. I looked at him and he was floating on sand too. “How can you still do this.”
 
“It's like second nature to use sand in the air for transportation.” Gaara explained. I rolled my eyes and lounged on the sand. It was quiet for a few moments until I heard a familiar voice.
 
“It's not brainwashing!!!” Kimimaro yelled with a giant twisty bone for an arm. He wound his arm back and continued. “It's my own decision!!!”
 
He thrust his arm towards Gaara's face, but that was all. He stopped in mid attack and just…died. I slumped back down into the sand.
 
“Damn…” I mumbled. Gaara let us down and we chilled against trees for shade. So I really came for no reason and didn't get to fight much. I'm telling man…karma.
 
“He almost had me,” Gaara said. “I almost lost.”
 
I sighed and ignored whatever Lee had to say about his almighty Gai-sensei and his crappy morals. They started bickering so I just tuned them out. But then I started listening at the end.
 
“-you can't defeat loneliness…” Gaara whispered. I looked away and glared at the trees next to me. I didn't have anything to say about his assumption, because right now I can't really disagree. You can't defeat loneliness. But you can try to get by it at least. That's what friends are for right?
 
“So, I finally found you. It seems I won't have to hunt you down for fun like I said I would.” I said. They both looked at me surprised. “What?”
 
“You were hunting me down?” Gaara asked. I nodded.
 
“I almost made it to the border when I heard you went on a mission to help out here. So I came back…” I explained shrugging. “No biggy.”
 
“Why?” Gaara demanded.
 
“Why not? It's rare for me to stay in one place for too long, so I decided to pay a visit in the Sand. Got a problem?” I retorted. He remained silent and looked away. “Things will get messy here anyway. It's time to move on.”
 
“What do you mean?” Lee asked. I almost forgot he was there…
 
“Sakura,”
 
END.
 
PREFACE- CAT & MOUSE
 
“Who is this girl?! How can she go around doing all this things and no one seems to notice until after the victim is dead?!”
 
“They say she has a locket with a picture of the person she is hunting down. Every mission that is given to her somehow connects with the person she's tracking. I'd say she's a very excellent assassin.”
 
“Are you insane? This girl is a monster! She kills way better than a bounty hunter would, and can blend in easily-”
 
“Not necessarily, sir. She is well known throughout most of the regions because of two reasons. One, she wears that locket at all times. Two, her hair is a peculiar red color. Almost like rust…or coral.”
 
“She's evil I say! This village is not safe with her around! I say we chase her out of here and make sure she never comes back!”
 
“My lord, she's not evil. She is a ninja who takes her missions seriously, with her ambitions on the side. It's what she does. She's an ANBU on the hunt and termination squad. What else do you expect?”
 
“He's right sir! She's just doing her job…very presice.”
 
“Have you all gone mad?! She's a danger to us all! To the world! This is just some game to her! Cat and mouse, if that! I know she's after us! We have to get her out of her! Now!!”
 
“Getsu Izu, leader of the Yakuza gang, I am her.” Said a feminine voice. A kunai knife was at his neck. “Are you afraid of dying?”
 
“Lord Getsu!”
 
“It seems you were wrong about me not blending in. You only saw me as a peasant the teashop, didn't you? How disappointing. Getsu Izu and cronies, you are hereby terminated.”
 
“No!!! Have mercy, oh God please!”
 
“God will not save you, fool. Goodbye.”
 
“Oh God- NO…STOP!!!”
***
 
“It seems your mission was completed sufficiently, as usual, Sakura.” Tsunade said marking her paper. Her apprentice bowed before her.
 
“Thank you, master.” Sakura said. “It seems information about me has gone worldwide. Everyone is terrified.”
 
“That is true.” Tsunade agreed. “But you are good at your job. Every village is begging for assistance from you.”
 
“They said that I am playing cat and mouse. They've hit the mark right on target. But I'm not playing games. This is serious.” Sakura mused.
 
“I know you're serious, but go home and relax for while. I'll give you another mission tomorrow. You can have the rest of the say off.” Tsunade said.
 
“Thank you again.” Sakura said before shutting the door behind her.
 
“Naruto, you can come out now…” Tsunade sighed. Naruto appeared from the window and jumped through. “What?”
 
“She hasn't changed at all for the past three years…” Naruto muttered. “Don't you think there's something wrong? She should've stopped this by now.”
 
“Naruto…there's nothing I can really say except for this, and you cannot take it lightly or offensive,” Tsunade said sternly. “The Sakura Haruno you once knew has died 3 years ago ever since that fateful day. Sorry to say, but I don't believe talking to her won't bring her back.”
 
“How can you say that?!” Naruto cried. Tsunade shook her head and frowned.
 
“You know it's true. Leave her alone Naruto. You want to chase after Sasuke, don't you? Why worry about her?” Tsunade asked.
 
“I can chase Sasuke and save Sakura!!” Naruto announced.
 
“Sakura does not need saving!” Tsunade said in a booming voice. “She is chasing Sasuke like you and that's all that matters. Stay away from Sakura and mind your own damn business!”
 
“I can't leave her alone, she's going to hurt herself!” Naruto argued.
 
“Prying into someone's business is what hurts other people Naruto. She's fine just the way she is. You need to get over it and focus on what you want!” Tsunade retorted.
 
“I want Sakura to go back to normal! That's what I want dammit!” Naruto roared.
 
“Sorry to say, but that is impossible now. Not until she finds Sasuke. And I highly doubt that will happen. Get out of my office.” Tsunade said huffing.
 
“But-”
 
“OUT!”
 
Could Sakura ever find Sasuke and return to normal? Was this her new way of living from now on? Well, my dear friends, you'll have to find out in the sequel of Truly, Desperately called-
 
Slain, and Departed
 
 
SmilezPeepz I outtie!