Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey!! Um…sad to say, this shall soon come to an end. But, I have a sequel brewing in my evil brain and I can't wait to dish it out upon the world and watch them cower in fear at the feet of the almighty terror of SmilezPeepz. BWUAHAHAAA!!! -Anyway, I'm skipping ahead to the drama AKA when Sasuke leaves. Bu first, other dramas must happen first! Yea, I know what you're thinking. `What else could happen to worsen the drama?' Find out!
***
“You're LEAVING?!”
 
“Yes ma'am.” Zakura answered calmly. She just explained that she was leaving to Sakura, and it was obviously not taken well.
 
“But why?!” Sakura demanded, furious. Zakura sighed and patted the seat next to her. She sat down in a huff and waited impatiently for the answer. “Well?”
 
“I already said I wasn't staying here for a long time. I'm a wanderer Sakura. It's kind of weird for me to stick to one place for too long. Besides, I'm on a hunt!” Zakura said.
 
“A hunt?” Sakura repeated not following. “What do you mean hunt? You're tracking someone down? Bounty hunting?”
 
“I'm not bounty hunting but yes, I'm tracking someone down.” Zakura said nodding her head. Sakura raised a brow for further words. “I won't give all the gory details but…I'm cursed.”
 
“Huh?” Sakura asked. “What do you mean, cursed?”
 
“I should be twenty seven right now, but I'm not. I'm fifteen and have been for twelve years.” Zakura explained. “Why is that, you ask? I left after the nine-tails attacked the village. But then I got attacked by some other demon in spirit form shortly after. He gave me a curse by morphing himself into me, and added on another fifteen years of immortality. I can't die until my extra years are up. Which means, I have three more years to go.”
 
“So, after the fifteen years, then what?”
 
“I'm back to being a regular mortal, and can age again, But he won't leave my body. Is that all?”
 
“Now, why are you tracking this someone…?”
 
“And that is where the gory details end, my dear.” Zakura smiled pointing a finger in the air. She gave Sakura a wistful look who frowned in dissatisfaction.
 
“Where are going?” Sakura asked standing. Zakura stood as well, still smiling.
 
“Sand village.” Zakura answered shortly. “This someone I'm looking for lives there, and I plan to pay them a long visit.”
 
“Is this goodbye then?” Sakura wondered felling dark clouds above her head. Zakura patted her head and thought about it. Was it goodbye?
 
“…I want you to have something of mine,” Zakura said putting her hands behind her neck. There was a clicking sound and something was enclosed in her hands. She opened them slowly, revealing a silver heart-shaped locket. “I don't have a picture in there, so you can have it. Some reminder of me.”
 
“It's pretty…” Sakura whispered taking it from her hands like it was made of glass. “Thanks. Zakura?”
 
She looked up, but no one was there. It was just an empty room, like no one was in there with her at all. She smiled sadly and tied the locket around her neck.
 
“I'll never take it off.”
***
Naruto was sitting on the roof of his apartment watching the sunset. Zakura watched him from a distance, quite amused at how he sat there patiently. She took the chance to sneak behind him and tap him on the shoulder. He spun around surprised.
 
“Hey.” She said plopping down next to him. He sighed and turned back to lazily stare at the sun. “Hanging out with Shikamaru too long?”
 
“Right,” Naruto said saractically. She nudged him playfully and he did the same back. It was quiet for while, but the silence was calming.
 
“I'm leaving later today.” Zakura stated. Naruto stared at her for a moment and nodded in understanding.
 
“Can't stay in one place for too long, huh?” Naruto asked. Zakura chuckled and mused his hair.
 
“I go where the wind takes me,” Zakura whispered.
 
“Will you at least visit?” Naruto asked.
 
“Only if you want me to.” Zakura answered meeting his gaze.
 
“You're a good person to talk to. I do.” Naruto said half smiling.
 
“Just give me the message and I'll be here,” Zakura grinned and sudden vanished. She only left behind a note and a small wrapped package. He picked it up and read her perfect handwriting.
 
Naruto,
 
You don't know how much I know about you. It's been years since I last saw you, but you've never seen me. I can't explain it all now, but I will in due time when I visit. I'll wait until you're old enough to hear the full story. Open the present I left you, and remember me. I'm always around so remember it well.
 
-Zakura
 
He ripped open the package and saw a tiny music box with Zakura carved into it on the top. He flipped open the box and a lullaby played. It sounded almost tuned out but full of life, a good reminder of Zakura.
 
“Music box, huh?” Naruto mused. “I guess I could carry this around for a while. Hopefully no one thinks I crossed the rainbow…”
 
And in the distance, he heard a ghostly laugh echo through the village. Then the voice echoed back,
 
“Very funny…!”
***
Zakura stood in front of a giant tombstone, the grave of the Third. She stood there for a while, silently listening to the leaves rustle in the wind and feel her hair whip across her face. There was a small, bitter smile plastered on her face, dimples showing.
 
“Had to leave so soon, Sarutobi? I thought I would leave first.” Zakura said sitting in front of the tombstone. It must have been hours because the sun had already gone down. It was still a little bright outside, until footsteps interrupted the silence.
 
“Kakashi?”
 
“What are you still doing here?” He asked walking next to her. She raised a brow feeling offended, and stood up next to him.
 
“Visiting the old man before I leave. Problem?” Zakura challenged. He merely chuckled and poked her forehead.
 
“No,” Kakashi said smiling under his mask. She pouted and smacked his hand away.
 
“Stop playing with me kid.”
 
“I think you're the kid now.”
 
“Eh, you're old.”
 
“W-What?! Zakura…?”
 
Instead, there was a small rock in her place, with sharpie marker all over it. He picked it up and read the sloppy handwriting: Merry Christmas Crow!!! -Zakura
 
“…Bastard.”
 
And so, Zakura left for now and gave farewell to everyone she knew almost personally…except one.
*** Sakura POV
 
I just finished my `date' with Naruto a few minutes ago. I never knew he encountered Orochimaru personally before. The sky was a pretty navy blue, and the moonlight made it even nicer. I took a walk towards the village's gates, sensing a presence I knew too well. There he was, walking with a bag on his back. He stopped and looked at me, emotionless.
 
“What are you doing up so late?” Sasuke asked. I frowned and gazed back.
 
“The only way…anyone can leave the village is by going through these gates.” I stated offhandedly. He started walking again.
 
“Go to bed,” Was all he had to say to me. He walked straight past me, like I wasn't even there. I turned around, hurt and furious.
 
“Is that all you have to say?! Why Sasuke, huh?” I asked hysterical. “Why can't you just let me in for once, huh?”
 
“You're asking the wrong person. Why won't you let others in?” That had no answer. I stood there stunned by his words. But my temper flared, and my face twisted into a scowl.
 
“Shut up, you bitch.” I said- more like ordered. He glared at me with his obsidian eyes. I flexed my jaw from saying anything else more insulting. It didn't work. “What the fuck are you staring at?!”
 
“Watch your mouth!” Sasuke seethed. I was practically steaming.
 
“Excuse me?” I asked, totally pissed. “You don't tell me what to do, Sasuke.”
 
“Well apparently you listen because, oh I don't know, you wanted to die?” Sasuke spat back. I barred my teeth.
 
“Oh, so you lied to me in the Forest of Death then?” I retorted. He took a step back. “I trusted you, moron. I thought you meant it, but you lied to me again. Maybe I should follow up your request. You won't notice I'm gone. You ignore me 24/7 anyway.”
 
I spun on my heels, not caring if he left or not. He could go ahead and regret what he said. He should get used to the silence since I'm gonna die soon. I find this funny somehow. After all the progress I made, it was worth nothing because he lied. Fantastic.
 
“Sakura.” He said. I paused and heard his footsteps stop behind me. He put his hand on my shoulder and spun me around quickly. I only saw his face for a second before his lips crashed on mine. He kissed me angrily for a few seconds until my mind rebooted and I realized what was happening. My hand connected with his face.
 
“Get offa me!!” I shouted pushing him away. I wiped my mouth on the sleeve of my black shirt and spat. “The hell was that for?!”
 
“You know I love you.” Sasuke stated as if it was obvious. My eyes narrowed. “You know I didn't mean what I said.”
 
“Apparently not.” I lied. But he bought it.
 
“Can I apologize?”
 
“For being an ass?”
 
“Yea, that too, I guess. You know I didn't really mean at all, honestly I didn't. I didn't know it would make me suffer with you…” Sasuke paused. I looked at me again, fierce. “I swear to you, I was being stupid. I won't make that mistake again.”
 
“You already are!” I said throwing my hands in the air. “You're LEAVING!”
 
“I need to become strong. I can't do that by staying here.” Sasuke said. “I must go.”
 
“Why are you leaving me?” I asked, my voice cracking. “You just swore to me you wouldn't make me suffer. I'll suffer without you Sasuke!”
 
“…You have to be strong.” He tried to encourage me to the idea, but it wasn't working.
 
“I can't be strong without you…” I whispered taking a step toward him again. He took another step forward.
 
“But you said you could go on by yourself…” Sasuke whispered back. I grabbed his shirt and eyed him wildly.
 
“I lied.” I somehow stated calmly. The rest came out in a yell. “I need you here, with me! Don't you get you fool?! How will I survive?!”
 
I was pulled into his tight embrace. “Come with me.”
 
Yes. “No.”
 
“Why not?”
 
I want to go with you! Yes! “I couldn't last with Orochimaru around all the time.”
 
“I see.”
 
I wanted to scream at my outer self. Say yes moron! Yes!! “I'm sorry…”
 
“Then, one more thing before I leave.”
 
“Wha-”
 
He grabbed my face and kissed me again. It wasn't angry like before though. It was soft and gentle. I couldn't help kissing him back, all my anger and hysteria disappeared. He finally stopped, gazing into my eyes. Obsidian to jade.
 
“I love you, Sakura.”
 
“Love you more…”
 
Something hit me on my back, and I blacked out.
 
 
 
“Oi, girly, you'll catch a cold sleeping here. Wake up!” I heard someone say. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around confused. At first, I didn't even know where I was. Then all the memories flushed back in. I sat up so quickly the guy jumped back. I glared and snarled furiously at nothing.
 
He's a dead man.
 
“SASUKE!!!!”
 
 
***
 
 
 
Uh oh….Sasuke's a dead man!!! DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! Feedback. Review. Yeah.
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter- : I already read Sammie's story!! I read `To College' (FUNNY SHIT!!) and is reading `Memory' now!!! Now that I think about it, Miharu sounds like you…You're such a crackhead dude!! Don't worry, Sammie likes shitty chapters from you! XD XD XD!!
 
AnimePrincessInuLuver: Everybody likes evil!!! Sakura is awesome evil!! Wait until the sequel man…SHE KICKS ASS!!
 
LusterBlossom: OMFG, ur username is fuckin' cute!!! -squeals- I WUV IT!! -coughs- anyway, Thank you!