Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ part 2 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And I'm talking to myself at night because I can't forget. Back and forth, through my mind, behind a cigarette and the message coming from my eyes says leave it alone. Don't want to hear about it! Every single one's got a story to tell. Everyone knows about it
From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell… -The White Stripes `Seven Nation Army'
 
Song of the week!! You gotta love this song peoples. It's AWESOME!! Anyway, this chapter is going to be long and actiony. Why? Because it's time to move on people, that's why. What I mean is, it will soon come to an end…AND A SEQUEL SHALL BE BORN YET AGAIN!! Yup, that's right. A sequel. So this chapter is especially badass for my lovelies…
---
 
“Oi, pops…” Zakura muttered looking at Gaara hanging out of Shukaku's head. “We need to wake that fool up. Can't you get ANY closer?”
 
“I don't have no damn claws, kid. I'm a fuckin' toad!” Gama Bunta retorted. Zakura sighed and rolled her eyes. It was just a question, jeez.
 
“Use the transformation jutsu,” Zakura suggested abruptly. “Change into something that has claws and can grip stuff.”
 
“How did I get myself in this mess…?” Gama Bunta muttered.
 
-FLASHBACK
 
“Poppy…that meanie has been picking on me this whole time!!” Zakura wailed with fake tears falling from her eyes. But it worked.
 
“Yea, he tried to pick on me too!” Gamakichi said pointing an accusing finger at Shukaku. “But then this guy helped me. He's able to fight this guy pretty well. This guy is very interesting.”
 
“I see…” He mumbled pulling out his sword…thingy. “This is payback you scum!!”
 
“Go pops!” Zakura cheered.
 
-END FLASHBACK
 
“Just do the hand signs with me, got it?! And think of something with fangs and claws!” Zakura ordered pulling her hands together.
 
“We're going!” Gama Bunta declaring running at Shukaku. (I'll call him boss from now own cuz his name is WAY too long.)
 
“W-Wait a sec!” Naruto fluttered trying to think, “Fangs and claws, fangs and claws…”
 
The first thing that came to mind was the nine-tailed fox. But for Zakura, it was merely a black panther.
 
“Transform!” They yelled in unison. Smoke blocked their vision, but then an animal came running out. It was a giant fox…with midnight black fur and yellow eyes.
 
“HELL YEAH!!!” Zakura screamed. The fox charged to Shukaku and grabbed him with his claws. “Gaara looks really high up close…heh…”
 
“Now's your chance!” Boss yelled. With another puff of smoke, he was a toad again, and Naruto went flying at Gaara. He punched him square in the face and that woke him up!
 
“Damn it! I just got here!!” Shukaku wailed before disappearing in spirit. Gaara's eyes snapped open as Naruto ran up to get another strike. Sand wrapped around Naruto's ankles and he was trapped.
 
“Sand Coffin!!” Gaara yelled. Just as sand was about to crush Naruto, Boss' tongue engulfed him and he was safe…for the moment. The sand started rising and the tongue unwrapped itself.
 
“I will kill you. My existence will note disappear!” Gaara stated.
 
“Not before I'm through with ya!” Zakura countered running full speed at him. Her foot connected with his shoulder and strangled him around his neck. “Naruto, do something quick!!”
 
Naruto concentrated on his chakra and summoned some from the nine-tailed fox. It flared around his body until his headband flew off and jacket snapped open. He charged at Gaara with a fist ready but sand grabbed him in mid air. He struggled on anyway and pulled back some.
 
“I've had it!!” Naruto yelled snapping his face forward. He collided with Gaara's forehead. Blood seeped from both of their foreheads.
 
“Now I know that hurt…” Zakura muttered looking at them both. The Shukaku thingy started cracking into pieces. It fell into a giant pile of sand onto the ground. Boss disappeared but left his sword…thingy standing between Zakura, Naruto, and Gaara.
 
***ZPOV
 
We all landed on the tops of trees and sat up at exactly the same time. I gotta admit, we looked pretty fucked up. Especially me. I had scrapes and bruises all over my legs, my chakra is probably a flicker now, I was panting for my life, and my back is killin' me from earlier. Did I miss anything? Fuck. Oh yea, and my stupid cloak got ripped of when I was falling. The fucking sand totally ruined it!
 
“Okay, I used up all my chakra…” Naruto said panting still. “So have you… We're a lot alike, I'll give you that…Let's give it one last blow, right?”
 
Boys. I don't get them. They stood up glaring at each other until an explosion occurred. They both flung themselves at each other and each got punched square in the face. I watched them fly down through the trees. I sighed in exasperation.
 
“Oh, goody. Now I gotta go down there.” I grumbled jumping down as well. I landed a few yards beside Naruto and plopped down with narrowed eyes. What's gonna happen now?
 
Naruto was dragging himself across the ground towards Gaara. I stayed silent and watched, too interesting to stop what was going on.
 
“Don't come any closer! No!” Gaara yelled when he finally noticed Naruto slowly inching closer. It made me think of how lonely they both must've felt…like me. Not having anyone caring about your whereabouts, or how you feel. They just left us there…like we had no meaning.
 
“…Must've felt like a real piece of shit…going through all that alone,” I muttered. My eyes got all prickly and I clenched my teeth together. “Watching everyone else have fun while you suffer. We were left there, in that dark place.”
 
Gaara looked taken back. I stared at the ground, my hair covering my face. I heard Naruto still dragging himself.
 
“It was like…hell wasn't it? Being treating like we didn't belong anywhere.” Naruto said. “Like…like it didn't matter whether we were there or not…But I have people who mean a lot to me now. I care about them more than I care about myself. And I will stop you if you try to hurt them…even if I have to kill you!”
 
“But why…? Why fight for such strangers?” Gaara asked clearly confused. I started to get pissed off. I felt water trickle from my eyes. Am I…crying? I ignored it. I stood up furious, forgetting about the pain in my legs.
 
“Why?!” I yelled, my voice cracking for some strange reason. “Because they saved us that why! I got pulled from that stupid, shadowy pit of hell! I actually felt accepted for one for being me, instead of like everyone else saw me. I felt like I actually belonged somewhere!”
 
“They're my friends! I was saved from myself…from my loneliness.” Naruto said.
 
I whimpered quietly, though they both eyed me anyway, and I fell to my knees, gripping my legs and shutting my eyes tight. They started hurting a lot after I used up all my steam. That's when I started remembering things…
 
-FLASHBACK
 
“Hello? Doesn't anybody care anymore?!” A fifteen year old yelled. She only heard her echo as a reply. Nobody came to the rescue. “What is this, some kind of joke?!”
 
She wandered aimlessly. The nine-tailed fox had already destroyed most of the village and was sealed away. But she didn't remember that. Somehow, her memory vanished. She knew the village was attacked by the demon, but that was all. What happened to her family and…her sister?
 
“KUSHINA!!” The girl yelled out and started running. She saw fire everywhere surrounding the village. She ran towards the hospital, where her sister was. Kushina was pregnant, and she was giving birth today. Everyone that passed by the girl was crying or injured. It made her worry. Did her sister survive?
 
She sped into the damaged hospital and up the flights of stairs. Last time she remembered, her sister was on the second floor. She dashed to room 204, and slammed the door open. There was Kushina, covered in blood and smiling. The heart monitor was dead.
 
“K-Kushina!!!” The girl screamed running towards her. The heart monitor started up again, but it was faint.
 
“O…nya…” Kushina whispered. The girl's eyes snapped open. She saw her sister looking at her with little light in her eyes. “Love…you…”
 
The heart monitor stopped and Kushina's eyes lost the shine and looked dead. Onya stood there in shock.
 
“Kushina? Stop playing around…” Onya said nudging her sister's shoulder. “C'mon! Joke's over! Kushina!! Kushina!”
 
-END FLASHBACK *Sasuke POV now
 
I felt Zakura flinch on my back and adjust herself. Sakura carried Naruto, and I carried Zakura. Why? Because she's heavier, that's why.
 
“Ow…” I heard a muffled mutter behind me. “Stop gripping my legs so hard…”
 
“Can't help it. You're heavy.” I answered flatly. She raised her hand and weakly mused my hair. I growled as a reflex and she giggled.
 
“Roar…” She muttered joking around. I rolled my eyes at that. “Seriously, loosen up. My legs hurt…”
 
“Ah.” I tightened my grip, and she ripped a hole in my shirt hissing. Her legs started kicking wildly and she beat on my back.
 
“Stop, stop, stop!!!” Zakura complained still continuing her weak beat down. I rolled me eyes again and let loose. She immediately stopped and flopped onto my back again, probably tired. “Why are you being so cruel?!”
 
“Shut up,” I said. She didn't answer for a while so I turned my head slightly. Zakura was out…again. “That was fast…”
 
I heard Sakura snort behind me. I smirked. What an idiot.
 
***ZPOV
 
Today was the Third's funeral, and I was stuck in the hospital. I didn't need to though. I was healed already but nobody let me leave yet. The heart monitor was beeping too fast, but my heartbeat was always like that. Well, since 12 years ago it was.
 
“Stupid monitor…” I hissed pulling out the cord connecting me to it. It went blank and some alarm went off. Uh oh. That's my time get going.
 
I jumped out the window and landed not so gracefully on my bare feet. My legs still burned from a few days ago. I turned and took a bow in front of the hospital, and gave myself negative two points for the landing. Ha ha.
 
“Making your grand escape?” I heard a voice behind me ask. I turned and saw the one and only, Sakura.
 
“ 'Course!” I replied. We walked side by side, not talking. I realized we were walking in the direction of her house. “Why are coming here?”
 
“You need clothes for the funeral, right?” Sakura pointed out. I looked down at my hospital gown and bare feet.
 
“Yep,” I said popping my lips at the p. I picked out the boring stuff- black button up, black skirt, and black flats. I used a black ribbon to tie up my hair at the nape of my neck. “Thanks, I guess.”
 
“Just so you know, I'm still a little mad at you.” Sakura said off handedly.
 
“Weren't you the one in the forest yelling `I can figure this out on my own. I don't need anyone'? I think you're the one that gave up on me.” I said rolling my eyes. She flushed and looked away.
 
“You heard that?” She asked.
 
“A mile a minute.” I answered getting up from the chair. She pouted as I laughed at the memory. “Naruto's pretty pissed at you. Maybe you shouldn't have laid it on so thick. There was no need to tell all the gory details…”
 
“Oops,” Sakura muttered grimacing. I raised a brow and tried to hide a smile. Opps? What a stupid word.
 
“Speaking of Naruto…” I started. I flashed away in an instance.
 
“Z-Zakura?!” I heard Sakura say in the distance. I giggled and managed to put on solemn face before knocking on the door.
 
“Naruto?” I called quietly. There was a grunt on the other side and the door was yanked open. He had a bandage on his cheek and his hair was a mess. At least his funeral attire looked neat. “Ready yet?”
 
“Guess so.” Naruto answered shutting the door behind him. He looked downcast, but I couldn't think of anything to say to him. Was there anything to say to make it better?
 
“So…your friends pulled you from the darkness, huh?” I asked. Naruto glanced at me with sad eyes.
 
“I think I got dragged back in…” He said shoving his hands in his pockets. I had to agree with that one. Everything has gone so wrong this week.
 
“True that.”
 
“Life's shitty isn't it?” Naruto babbled on. I guessed he was trying to make conversion as dull as possible so he wouldn't have much to say.
 
“No way,” I answered looking at him. He stared at me surprised. “Sometimes it feels that way, but you still have friends right? We go through shit together.”
 
“Not unless they put you into shit.”
 
“And that's why you have others to pull you out.”
 
“Eh, true enough.”
 
“They can still be bitches though…”
 
“Damn right.”
*** Normal POV (skip to after funeral)
 
“He's gone forever, isn't he?” Naruto asked looking up at the sky clouds with rain falling from them.
 
“No,” Zakura answered looking up as well. All eyes were on her, and the rain stopped. The sun peaked through the clouds. “He's still here, watching us, protecting us. He refuses to leave because…his love still remains…right Konahamaru?”
 
“Y-Yeah…” Konahamaru said through sniffles. Zakura picked him up and wiped away his tears.
 
“Of course, he's not here physically. But you can still feel him.” Zakura continued. “See? He stopped the rain. He's says stop crying. Smile!”
 
“A rainbow,” Asuma muttered looking up.
 
“I'm still trying to figure out this life but,” Naruto finally said. “But I think I understand, only a little.”
 
“Nobody figured it out yet. We all struggle together. That's what life is about right? Ups and downs?” Sakura said quietly.
 
“Everybody struggles with life. But we're all stuck together right?” Sasuke added.
 
“Forever and ever,” Kakashi said.
 
“…Does that mean it's the end?” Konohamaru asked.
 
“No way,” Zakura said confidently,
 
 
 
 
“It's only the beginning.”
 
 
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY…if you live in America!!!! Lolz.
 
LusterBlossom: Um…well…yes and no…You see…I'm skipping WAY ahead in the next chapter to when Sasuke leaves. Then I give a preview of the future, and sequel shall be born!! Spoiler: Until the VERY, VERY end of the sequel, she'll get back to nice…sorta.
 
Sandragon: Gaara's stayin' in the story, don't worry. So is Zakura!! I'm making an extra chappie soon with her going back to Suna again…but that's way later on.
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: What can I say? I'm evil, but you love me. Heh heh!! I had a dream about Sakura in the sequel and she's gonna be evil and AWESOME!!!! WOOOH!!! -Gosh, my evil brain hurts just thinking about…
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter- : EW!!!! Goody goody? Don't EVER be a goody goody- yuck. You'll cross over to the dark side. Wait. We're already in the dark side…but being a goody goody- OH MY GOD THE HORROR. You started a fucking fire? Damn. You bad. Gimme high five!