Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Umbrella ❯ Of Trouble and Friends! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"DAMN YOU!" Cried a male voice, punching me in the stomach.

THUMP!

Pain spread through my body as I hit yet another tree. His fist left my stomach. Blood oozed from all the cuts I had, big and small, with the force I hit the wood. Solid, unforgiving, wood. He came at me again, this time grabbing my left arm. He tugged hard and pulled it over his shoulder. He pulled down and I heard a sickening crunch!.

Crying out, I kicked him in the shin. He just laughed and grabbed my right leg. His grip was bad enough, dislocating my ankle in an instant, but he went to break it anyway. I kicked him away though, my foot hitting his stomach with enough force to break a rib, making him crash into another nearby tree. I must have kicked harder than I thought, because he sunk into the waist-deep grass, unconscious.

Panting heavily, bleeding, exhausted, and in horrible pain, I smiled, but it quickly turned into a grimace. "Damn that bastard, he broke my arm!" I whispered, clutching my injured limb. Bad idea. I cried out and let go.

My cry appeared to bring him back to his senses and he grabbed my nearest ankle. The one that he'd already dislocated. I gasped, falling down in the grass to join him. But I wasn't going down without a fight.

I rolled to my other side and kicked him in the head with my good leg, adrenaline blocking the pain that caused in my bad leg. I struck him right in the neck. His eyes rolled up in his head and he collapsed. A small trickle of blood ran out of his mouth. The grip he held on my ankle slackened and I crawled away.

Moving quickly, I searched through the undergrowth until I found a long, thick branch. I would have smiled had I not been on the brink of vomiting. But the feeling soon passed. That man had one hell of a punch.

Gritting my teeth, I struggled to stand on my good foot. After about a minute, I was leaning against a thick tree, reaching for my water bottle with my uninjured hand. Before I reached it though, the feeling of nausea returned and I bent over, knowing what was coming.

A huge puddle of blood soon was on the ground surrounding me and I was feeling a little- no, A LOT, woozy.

The world swam before my eyes and I fell to my knees. Forced to use my arms to hold myself up, I soon fell face first on the ground. My head hit a root and the sun flickered out...

*Sasuke's POV*

"DAMN YOU!" Shouted a voice not far off.

I stopped on the path, looking around. I stopped, everyone with me followed suit. Except Kakashi. He kept on going for a few more steps before he stopped. That damn book of his was keeping him occupied. Meanwhile, Kunenai was probably daydreaming about Asuma, so she ignored pretty much everything we said.

"Naruto, did you hear that?" I asked. "No, I didn't hear anything. Did you guys?" He asked, looking in the direction of the other rookies with us. Kiba, Hinata, Shino, and Sakura all nodded.

"I wondered who it was." Said Sakura worriedly.

"Yes," Shino agreed, "But now the question is whether we go to see who it was or not."

"Of course we will! What if it's a friend?!" Said Kiba. Akamaru yipped, pointing his nose to where the sound came from.

"O-Or an enemy..." Hinata said quietly, poking her fingers together like she always did in the presence of Naruto.

"Then what are we doing still standing here?" Asked Naruto energetically.

"Waiting for permission, Naruto-baka." I said flatly. I glanced in the direction of Sakura, who had gone to ask Kakashi. When he was non-responsive, she turned to Kurenai, who nodded.

Seconds later her and Kakashi sprinted into the forest, leaving us on the path.

"Well come on!" I said, following.

A short while later, all of us were perched precariously on a tree, looking down at an astonishing scene below us.

There was a person, a girl, probably a kunoichi, fighting off a boy about her size. One of her arms appeared to be injured, as she was clutching it tightly. But she let go instantly, crying out softly. The boy, whom she had knocked out recently, was brought back to his senses and promptly grabbed her ankle, dragging her to the ground.

She kicked his neck though. This time he wasn't getting up anytime soon. She scrambled away, finally finding a stick and leaning against a tree. For a minute she looked pretty well off, despite the cuts that covered her body. Then she fell to her knees and started coughing up blood. That boy must have punched her in gut, and pretty hard too. Once she was done, she had lost so much blood that she actually fell over and passed out.

After a glance at Kakashi, I jumped down next to the girl. Everyone followed, but they mostly stayed back. I quickly walked up to her, then crouched down to inspect her more closely.

Her long brown hair was caked with blood and dirt, as were most of her other visible features. I couldn't even tell what color her clothes were, let alone what they looked like. On her hip rested a thin katana, and on her back an umbrella, both black, but I couldn't see any patterns on them.

"Sakura-Chan, come here for a sec." I said, moving over. She came and crouched down too.

"What is it, Sasuke-kun?" She asked slowly.

"You're good with medical jutsus, can you wake her?" I asked, gesturing to the girl.

"I can try. No guarantees, though." Sakura said. She put a hand on the girl's back. I could tell she was concentrating on transferring some of her chakra to the girl, so I asked, "Can I do anything?"

She nodded. "Put your hand on her back and give her as much chakra as you can." She said quickly, eyes never leaving the girl.

I did as I was told, giving her as much as I could before Sakura spoke. "Sasuke-kun, stop. The Chakra is leaking right out of her, you don't need to waste any in you condition." I slowly moved my hand away, swaying a little. Sakura had finished long before me, so she was already there to steady me. I shakily stood. The girl's cuts had all been healed, save for the worst and her breathing was a little less strained. But she was still out cold. I crouched back down and picked her up.

"Kakashi-sensei, can you take her please? I think I used a little too much chakra..." I said, walking towards Kakashi. He nodded and took her gently, careful not to drop her.

"Kiba-kun, Neji-kun, would you help Sasuke-kun please? I'm going to go ahead with Kakashi-sensei." Sakura said, already running ahead to catch up with Kakashi, who had already set off.

With the help of Kiba and Neji, I made it back to Konoha. Despite their protests of how I should go and lay down, I assured them I was fine and went to the hospital, where the girl was undoubtedly taken.

After I had a small shouting match with the nurses, Kakashi found me and told the I was allowed in, as were everyone else who knew about her.

Kakashi led me into the room and I saw Sakura tending to the girl. When we came in, she asked if she could speak to Kakashi for a moment and they stepped out, leaving me alone with the girl. I found a seat next to her and sat. Sakura came back in, speaking the second the door closed. "Sasuke-kun, she had a chakra tear. Hinata helped me find it and I healed it up. She should wake up anytime. Come get me when she does, alright?" I nodded and she left. I leaned against the back of my chair and decided to get some rest. I'd used too much Chakra, that was for sure.

An hour or so past and I was nearly asleep when I heard a raspy voice speak up.

*Normal POV* (You'll see her name soon...)

I opened my eyes. Above me was a light blue ceiling. For a second I thought it was the sky, but then I was an electric lamp to one side.

"W-Where am I?" I asked, voice raspy. There must have been some leftover blood in my throat.

"Konoha hospital." Someone said after a second. They sounded tired. I jumped, not expecting an answer.

"Who are you?" Was my next question.

"Sasuke Uchiha." That same person said. "Who are you?

I looked at him. He was wearing a plain blue shirt and on his forehead protector was indeed the symbol for Konoha. His eyes were a deep, flawless black. I shivered, This guy was cute, but kinda creepy. Finally thought, I decided it was safe to tell him my name.

"I'm Ryuuka..." I said slowly.

"Got a last name, there, Dragon Flower?" Sasuke asked, translating my name with ease.

"H-Haru..."

"So you're a pure dragon flower? Strange..."

Hmm...It appears that he doesn't recognize my name...Good...

~A one month later~

"Okay, Ryuuka-Chan, you're free to go." Sakura said over her clipboard. I stood up, the check-up bed's paper crinkling as I did. "Remember to sign out at the reception desk." She reminded me. I nodded as I walked to the door. I paused before I grabbed the handle.

"Sakura-Chan?" I asked. She looked up from putting new paper on the bed.

"Yes?"

"Don't forget to visit once in a while!" I reminded her happily.

"Will do! See you soon!" She replied, grinning warmly.

I opened the door and hurried down the hall, smiling at my perfectly repaired limbs. I checked out at the desk as Sakura said and left, heading strait for the gates that would lead me home...

As the gates came in to sight I heard a voice shout behind me. "Hey, wait! Ryuuka!"

I turned around to see...

"Oh, hey Naruto, what's up?" I asked, grinning wider at the sight of my knucklehead friend.

He bent over, panting. I gave him a second. When he finally had enough air to speak, he managed to gasp out, "Sasuke...He wants you to meet him at Ichuraku's before you leave."

I frowned. "Naruto, I can't. My family is waiting for me back home." I lied. What family? All I had back home was a cat that could feed itself. Really, I just wanted to find the guy that beat me up. He was gonna pay!!! "But could you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, what?" He asked.

I fished a few folded up pieces of paper out of my ninja bag and handed them to Naruto. "Give these to the rookies, 'kay? I don't want my friends to forget about me! One to each. Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, Neji, TenTen, Lee, Kiba, Ino, Shikamaru, Choiji, Shino, and one for you. Plus," I paused, still rooting around for the last one. "Give this note to Sasuke, okay? DON'T FORGET!" I stressed. The last sentence. I paused for a moment before pulling him into a hug. "If you ever get sick of Konoha, you're free to visit! Same for everyone else. I'm sorry but I have to go." And with that I pulled away, smiling. She was grinning like an idiot and blushing redder than a tomato.

I rushed off before he could tell me what was clearly on his mind.

As soon as I was through the gate, I was all business. I'M GONNA FIND THAT BASTARD AND KILL HIM!