Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Umbrella ❯ Of Reuntions ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

Silence...

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

Silence...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP-!

"Whad daheck?" I said incoherently, sitting up quickly, looking through my rats nest of hair at the alarm clock...I looked at the little lines, but they refused to make sense, until...

"NANIIIIII? I'M LATE!" I cried, jumping out of bed. As it turned out, that was a bad idea. The sheets were tangled around me and I was unsuccessful in untangling myself from their fluffy grasp. "Wo-o-oa-!...Ouch." I said lamely, crawling out of the clinging fabric.

I hurriedly got up and ran to the bathroom, yanking my hair out of the braid I slept in and put it up in a tight bun, securing it with an elastic hair tie and covering the tie with a long black ribbon. After that I brushed my teeth and pulled my shirt over the mesh ¼ sleeve shirt I was already wearing. I then put on my favorite comfy ninja pants and slipped a skirt over it, keeping it place with a sash that matched my hair ribbon. After that I put added my favorite necklace and grabbed my ninja gear, slipping on my summer sandals as I ran out the door.

I paid the inn keeper and ran out into the path, Konoha bound.

~two hours later~

I ran into the building, skidding to a stop at the reception desk. I took a second to gasp for air before speaking to the dark haired woman. "Konichiwa. I'm here to see the Fifth Hokage." I said after finally regaining my breath. "I have an appointment." I explained.

"Oh-Yes, go right in." The woman said kindly. I kept walking until I found the large double doors that marked the Hokage's office. I took a deep breath and knocked...

"Hokage-sama?" I asked, peeking in. It was silent for a moment before I heard a reply.

"Yes, yes, come in." Said a female voice lazily. I inaudibly sighed and went all the way in, showing the Fire Shadow no fear. (A/N: Fire Shadow is what Hokage means, if you didn't know!) I walked all the way up to her desk and her blonde head looked up from her notes.

"Good morning, Hokage-Sama, I'm here for-" I started. She looked up quickly.

"You're here for the Hokage's – mine, that is- consent for you to move into Konoha and train to become a Leaf Ninja, correct?" She asked, surprisingly kind. "You are Ryuuka Haru, I presume?"

"Uh-Yes, yes I am." I said, now smiling.

"Welcome back. You'll be glad to know that a home has already been set up for you. I'll send for someone to take you there. In the meantime, I have some forms for you to fill out. Nothing major, just so we can start a record for you. Unless you have your previous one?" She asked. She paused and pressed a button on her desk. "Shizune, call someone to lead our new ninja to her home." She said quickly before turning to look back at me.

I grinned wider and reached into my backpack, and an envelope came out with my hand. "You mean this record?" I asked, giving it to her waiting hand.

The Hokage looked it over quickly and nodded. "Yes, this is it. All I have left to say is that I have your key," She paused to hand me said piece of metal, "And again, welcome ba-!" She was cut off by a knock on the door. She sighed. "Come in!" She said loudly, leaning to one side so she could see past my thin frame. I heard the door creak open and a male voice speak.

"Granny Tsunade, you called for me?" He said. "Some thing about...a...new...ninja...?" He trailed off as I turned around. My smile grew ear to ear.
"Naruto!?" I asked happily, hoping that it was him. He looked the same, if not a bit taller. His hair was a little longer too.

He stared wide eyed at me for several seconds before he finally found his voice. "Ry-RYUUKA?!" He asked. I nodded vigorously. Without a moments notice, he was next to me, squeezing the life out of me with a hug. "You're back!" He said happily, not realizing that I couldn't breathe.

"Naruto..." I gasped. "It's nice...to see you too...but it'd be nicer...if I could breathe." He instantly let go.

"Sorry." He said, still smiling. I smiled still, but it was starting to hurt my face, so I let it shrink a bit.

"Ah-he-hem!" The Hokage, Tsunade, cleared her throat. "Ryuuka, Naruto, you two know each other?" She asked.

I nodded. "This knucklehead is one of the ninja who saved me from this jerk I knew who attacked me a year ago." I explained. (A/N: I know that it was way less than a year between the time Tsunade came to Konoha and when Sasuke left, but I need it for the plot, so just pretend!^^)

"I see. Well, I'll have you permanently assigned to a team as soon as possible, but until then, I think it would be agreeable for you to be on Naruto's team." Tsunade said.

"Arigato." I replied, giving her a slight bow.

She nodded. "You may go." She dismissed.

Naruto and I left and he led me to my new home, which I quickly discovered was next to his.

"Okay, now that you know the house, you'll be happy to know that Sakura-Chan lives only a few houses down, and Sasuke-Teme is slightly closer and across the street." He said, pointing to the two houses individually. At the sound of their names, Sasuke's in particular, I smiled. After all, both of them had taken part in saving my life.

I looked around at the sky. It was almost sunset. "Hey, Naruto, it's getting late. I'm gonna go to bed." I lied, disappearing into my home before he could reply.

I waited inside until I heard him go to bed and then slipped back out, silently running down the street to a certain pink-haired medic-nin's home. Five minutes later I was knocking on the door. When someone finally answered, it was Sakura's mother.

"Hi Mrs. Haruno! I don't know if you remember me but I'm Ryuuka. I came to the village and Sakura saved me?" I said, hoping she would recognize me. She smiled.

"Hello, Ryuuka. It's good to see you again. Sakura's up in her room." She said.

"Is it alright if I go see her? She'll kill me if I come to see her tomorrow when I got here today." I asked, giving her the good ol' puppy eyes. She smiled again.

"Alright. Come on in." She said, opening the door wider and moving over to let me pass.

I managed a quick, "Thanks!" before running up the steps to pound on Sakura's door.

"Yeah?" I heard someone say on the other side. I opened the door.

"Hey, Sakura-Chan." I said calmly, expertly holding down my giggles when she looked absolutely confused at my existence. I could see her slowly reaching for her ninja gear, still not recognizing me. "What, you don't remember me?" I asked.

She didn't reply.

"Here, let me jog your memory." I said. I pulled out a kunai and threw it at a piece of paper that was pinned on her wall. It was facing her, but not me, so there would be no way for me to read it.

"Hey-a! I'm sorry for leaving in such a hurry, everyone, but I want you all to know that if ya ever get sick of Konoha, you're free to visit any time! Don't forget about me! Thanks again for saving my butt!

And don't worry, I WILL be back!

Sayonara!
Ryuuka Haru

p.s. I still owe half of you guys for saving me so I'll pay you back, I PROMISE!"
I recited. Sakura gasped.

"H-How could you know that?" She asked, shocked.

I flicked on the light, bathing her room in more glow than a computer screen. "Because I wrote it, duh!" I giggled. She gasped again, diving out of her computer chair and squeezing me to death, much like a certain blonde knucklehead had done earlier. "Ryuuka, you're back!" She giggled. I pried her loose.

"And I'm here to pay you back. Sleepover. My place. Tonight. You in?" I asked.

"Duh!" She said happily. She grabbed her overnight bag from her closet and rushed down the stairs, calling to her mom that she was spending the night at a friends. We rushed around together, gathering every one-time-rookie I had made friends with. A.K.A. : Every ninja our age. This was gonna be one heck of a night.

Chapter 3