Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Versions of the color Red ❯ Limbo ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
(I think, out of all the drabbles I've written, I like this one the most. I hope you enjoy it too!
 
Limbo
 
He has no purpose.
No stable job; no life. His friends are held at arm's length, and his acquaintances are held away with a ten foot pole.
Since he joined ANBU, all he's been is a tool.
A tool for Konoha.
A tool to be used, and when no longer needed or useable, inevitable thrown away.
It cannot be helped.
And he tells himself he doesn't mind.
After all, he has nowhere to go, no one to come home to. He is standing still and everyone is rushing around him. He floats through the crowds like a lost child.
A child lost in Limbo.
 
No purpose.
 
And then, she came.
He didn't have a purpose, not until a certain kunoichi with roseate hair worked her way into his life.
She wiggled, she wormed, she laughed, and she danced, straight into his heart.
Suddenly the arms used to keep friends away with were wrapped around her lithe frame, holder he closer than anyone else had ever been.
And suddenly, just like that, he had a purpose; a reason to live.
Leaning against the door frame he watched his wife settle their baby back to sleep.
He definitely had a purpose, indeed.