Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ A Rude Awakening ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

The first thing Kit noticed when she woke up is that the ceiling was missing. She frowned and rolled off her bed - only there was no bed. She came face to face with green dew-kissed grass. `Where am I?' She tried to stand up but she couldn't. Something was holding her down. Kit tried to move her arms but she seemed frozen. She was stuck - her arms, legs, head, hands, and feet wouldn't move.

*****

She was in a world of feathers… Feathers around her, feathers beside her, surrounding her. But they seemed dangerous this time, as if they could swallow her whole. She tried to scream out but she couldn't. No one would hear her. No one would hear her scream…

*****

A girl with pink hair and a red dress walked by, and Kit was shocked. `Why doesn't she help me?' It suddenly dawned on her. `She can't see me!' The girl began to walk away and Kit tried to scream but she couldn't. It felt like she was drowning and the only place she could live was in herself. `HELP ME!' She screamed in her mind. `Don't leave me here! I'm here! Help me!' She sighed as the girl took one more step away - and then turned.

"Is anyone there?" she asked.

Kit was startled. `But - But I didn't say anything!' The girl started to walk away, and Kit pulled at her invisible bonds and screamed out once more. `Help me! Don't leave me here! Alone!' Kit screamed as she lashed out at the bonds that where holding her down. `Dammit! I'm behind you! Help me!' Kit stopped. The bonds felt soft - almost silky. But what were they? Kit fought against the pain that threatened to consume her as she moved her head to look down. She gasped and almost screamed. `Feathers?!? Feathers are holding me down! But - I have to make them move. How? I can't move much anyway!' The girl shrugged and turned around, walking back down the path.

"Don't leave me here!" Kit screamed, and then realized she just spoke.

"Eh?" the girl said, turning around.

Kit saw that the girl obviously couldn't see her, and she was frightened. `I have to - I have to move! Move! Move dammit!' Kit slowly moved her arm towards the feather rope holding her neck down. As she touched the feathers, they instantly disappeared. Kit gasped and moved her head up. She slid her other arm slowly down and touched the feathers holding her legs in place. They disappeared too.

"Oh! Kakashi-sensei!" she heard, and lifted up her head. The girl was standing talking to a man that seemed to be in his late twenties, carrying a book and wearing the oddest clothes. "I thought you were going to be late! Naruto and Sasuke-kun aren't here yet."

Kit frowned. Who were these people and how did she get here? She touched the last feather holding her in place and the girl looked over and screamed. Kit looked up, and saw the girl and man staring at her. She frowned.

**Kakashi's POV**

Sakura was blabbing about Naruto and Sasuke not being here, and I was trying to read my book when all of a sudden there was a cloud of smoke and a girl appeared lying on the ground. Her arms and legs were cut and she was wearing a visibly short red skirt and a white shirt with a red tie. Sakura screamed and I was wondering what was going on.

**End POV**

**Sakura's POV**

I was talking to Kakashi-sensei, and Naruto and Sasuke were oddly late for our practice, and all of a sudden a girl appeared in a cloud of smoke. For a minute it looked like she had wings, and I screamed. No one really has wings unless they're not human, so I screamed and she looked at me strangely.

**End POV**

Kit pushed herself up onto her feet and noticed that her legs and arms were cut. Not deeply, it just looked like a long paper cut. `I guess it's from the feathers. They were oddly sharp..' She stood and stared at the two people in front of her. They were staring back at her like she was some sort of ghost. Kit reached a hand out to them and they stepped back.

"Who - Who are you?" the girl asked.

Kit looked at her hand, which held one single feather. She squeezed it experimentally and found that it wasn't sharp, but soft and delicate. It disappeared in a puff of smoke and she stepped back. `Who am I? Even I don't know the answer to that. I could just say I'm a normal sixteen-year-old from Tokyo.. Although I doubt they'll let me off with that.' She looked back at them and opened her mouth to speak, but found she couldn't. Her mouth gaped open and she thought for a split second she probably looked really stupid standing there looking like a frog with no voice. `Why can't I talk? That's - wierd..' The girl frowned.

"You're right, that is wierd. Why can't she talk, Kakashi-sensei?" she asked, looking up at the man.

"I heard her. She said, `Why can't I talk? That's - wierd.'" the man whose name was obviously Kakashi, said.

Kit frowned. `Can you hear me now?' The girl nodded. Kit recoiled. `So. I can't talk but they can hear my thoughts. Maybe I can block them out… Where am I, anyway?'

"You're in Konoha!" the girl said, smiling.

"Sakura." the man said, without taking his eyes off Kit. The girl looked up at him. "Stay here, and wait for Sasuke and Naruto. I will take her to Hokage-sama. When they get here, bring them to the Hokage-sama's office."

The girl called Sakura nodded, and Kakashi advanced towards her. Kit took a step back. `Stay away from me!' The man sighed.

"Look. I won't hurt you. I'm going to take you to someone who can help you." the man said, taking another step towards her.

Kit backed away, and then bolted away as fast as she could. `I have to get out of here!' She ran faster, not noticing that she was running much faster than she could before. Her feet pounded on the forest floor, matching the beating of her own panicked heart.

***************

AN: W00t! Another great chapter! I'm going to keep writing, and post one chapter up per week or something like that. But if I get a lot of reviews I might post it up sooner! *hint* ^___^