Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Escape ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

The woman frowned again."You should not stay here."

Kit was in her dream again, sitting in a chair of feathers. `Who are you?'The woman smiled. "I cannot tell you. I cannot be here. You will leave this place in two days, be prepared."

Kit frowned. `How will I leave?'The woman glanced around as if looking for someone, but there was no one to be seen in the endless white world. She started fading. Kit stood up. `No wait, I -' she was cut off as the familiar blackness covered her eyes, and she fell.

*****

Kit opened her eyes slowly, having gotten used to those dreams. She was still in her room, and her training clothes were still on. She sighed. Another dream, this time a warning. To leave. What was this feeling? She didn't want to leave, in spite of everything she actually had learned something from that strenuous training session yesterday. And for some reason, her wings seemed to be growing faster. She sighed. `It's all a dream, and then I'm just going to wake up, and my aunt will be bashing on the door, and - ' She swung her legs off the side of the bed and inspected one of her wings. `But I have this oddest feeling that it's real. The pain, the feelings, it's all real.'

Kit stood up and walked to the door, it was locked. `But I can't help but wonder that I really do need to leave. Something is going to happen.' She looked around the small room. It was plain and simple, wood walls, and her small cot in the corner. The only other furniture in the room was a stool and a table with a chair on it. She looked at the walls, but there were no windows. Wait - there was one up at the top. She smiled and grabbed the table, dragging it along the wood, and it surprisingly making little noise. She stood on the table, and found that she could just stick her arms and head out the window. She smiled and pushed herself out the window.

She was stuck.

Her wings were almost fully grown now, she didn't know how she knew, she just did, and they reached almost five feet on either side of her, a rough guess. They were stuck, preventing her from going out the window. Kit sighed heavily and slowly eased her way back into the room. `What am I going to do now?' Then it hit her. It had never, not once in her travels in this strange world, occurred to her that she could fold her wings in. She smiled, and tensed random muscles in her back, hoping that one of them would make her wings close in. Kit grinned widely as she felt movement in her back, and then pain.

Pain.

It shot through her like a hot knife through butter, rippling through her like water does on a pond. It was all she could do not to cry out. Her hands were shaking, unable to take the white hot pain that was flowing through her veins. It was everywhere, not only in her back, but also in her arms, her legs, and her head. Kit couldn't take it anymore. She did the one thing that she was trying to resist all this time.

She screamed.

But she actually screamed, and it startled her. Her voice pinged off the walls in the room, and came back to her ears, ringing. Kit was startled, despite herself, and screamed again. She fell off the table, still clutching her wings, and screamed yet again, somehow it slowly comforted her, like this pain would go away and not come back. Her small face twisted in pain, her big eyes squeezed shut, and the last thing she heard was footsteps, and the door flying open, and Itachi's face looking worriedly over her.

Worried? Itachi was - worried?

*****

The woman was there again, looking around. But they weren't the world of eternal whiteness; they were on a cloud, overlooking the building where she was staying. Kit looked at the woman, who finally turned her attention towards Kit and spoke, with her voice, not through her thoughts.

"Now. Tonight you must try. I will come and help you." the woman seemed to remember something, and then fished through her bag, pulling out Kit's book, handing it to her. "You'll need this."

"How did you - Why do I - "

"Just take it. Tonight I'll come for you. Wait until the moon's shadow is cast on the wall above your bed, and then come over to the window."

"But you're - What the hell is going on?" Kit asked, frustrated.

"Language, Kitty." the woman reprimanded.

Kit gasped. `Kitty?'

The woman smiled. "Go back, Kit, for now you must relax until tonight."

*****

Kit bolted up, and then wished she hadn't, as the unwelcome feeling of pain came back to her. It shot through her back again, and then she gasped and fell back, holding her back. A chuckle floated towards her ears, and she looked over. Itachi stepped out of the shadows, and looked at her.

"You know, if it hurt to move before, you probably shouldn't move now." he said.

Kit rolled her eyes. "Reflexes."

"So you can talk now."

"A bit." Kit said.

The truth was, she couldn't. She had the ability of speech, but she didn't know how to communicate with other people, as she hadn't talked to anyone for about a month, as odd as it had seemed. She had been here a month, thirty days, as of tomorrow. She moved her hand out from behind her back, wincing slightly as she brushed against her now sensitive wings. Kit pulled her hand up to the light, as the room was dark, despite that it was daytime. She was just able to catch the red color and the lingering scent of..

Blood?

***************

AN: Wee! Another good chapter done by moi! ^_^ I personally think this is the best chapter, even though I say that about every chapter, this one is the best of the best. *nods* Please review! ^__^;;;