Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Training... Again... ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Kit woke up the next morning refreshed. She had yet again, slept without dreaming, and she was happy - until she remembered where she was. The events of last night came back to her in a rush. She attempted to get up, and fell to the ground, shaking. She could see them clearly now. Two wings, one on either side, were just barely visible. They were made up of white feathers, each feather clean without a speck of dirt on them, despite the dirty floor she was sleeping on. She could no longer sleep on her back, for fear of breaking such delicate-looking wings.

She got up, clutching her head. `I can barely stand!' She stumbled to her feet and opened her door. Two guards were asleep outside. `Guards? Geez, what's wrong with these people?' She rolled her eyes and slipped past them, then walked down the hallway, clutching her wings. They were heavy, she could admit that, but this was ridiculous! Kit stopped when she saw a pair of shoes.. attached to feet.. attached to Itachi. Kit sighed.

"Going somewhere?" Itachi asked.

`Away from you!' Kit said.

"After we've been so kind to you?"

Kit rolled her eyes. `Yes, I so loved how you took me away from people who wanted to help me, and let me sleep on the floor. Oh yes, I enjoyed your kindness.'

Itachi grabbed her arm, and pulled her along. "Now, none of that. Your training starts today."

`Training?'

"I am to train you."

`Great.' Kit thought. `Stuck here with a bunch of assholes who don't care.'

Itachi glanced back at the girl he was to train, and decided to ignore that comment. She was strikingly beautiful; he had to admit that. But she seemed to be soft. She seemed to be sad about something, for her aura was sad. Every time he would step near her, or even be in the same room with her, he was overwhelmed by this sadness so strong it was all he could do to not break down and cry.

Kit looked up at Itachi and glared at him. `What?' Itachi gave her a sharp look and turned back. `Although I don't think even she knows why she's so sad.She doesn't even know she's hurting.' Kit frowned. That thought was from Itachi? She shook her head. Itachi didn't seem to care about anything. She stopped when he stopped and almost bumped into him. He turned around and handed her some clothes.

"Change into these. The clothes that you're wearing are hardly sutible for training, let alone wearing." he said, opening a door next to him.

Kit took the clothes thankfully, and headed into the room. She hated her school uniform, and she felt naked when she wore it, so she was glad that she could finally change into something half-decent. Kit reappeared a couple of moments later in a black knee-length skirt with fishnet covering her legs. Her dark green top was ripped at the back, allowing her wings to poke out, and it was done up with buttons. Her shoes were black sandals, her toes being the only thing that were not covered with the delicate fishnet. Itachi gave a nod of approval.

"Let's go." he said, leading her down the hall.

Kit stumbled after him, her wings still extremely heavy. `Damn. I'm going to die during this training thing. If I ever get out of here, I won't ever skip gym class again.' She smiled sadly thinking of her friends she had left behind. She briefly wondered if time would stop in the other place, or if it was stilkl going on and everyone was looking for her. Itachi stopped at a door, and Kit walked up beside him. As Itachi opened the door, light flooded in and she winced as it burned her eyes which were used to the dark. She sighed and stepped out after Itachi, shutting the door behind her. This was going to be a long day.

*****

Kit collapsed in a heap on her bed, the said object creaking under the heavy weight of her so-called delicate wings. It seemed that they had grown heavier, and because of them, the training had been harder. Every bone in her body was aching, and her muscles felt as if they had snapped. Itachi was an excellent ninja, and she hadn't even been able to dominate the fight once. She learned that he was merciless, and extremely fast. Half the time she couldn't even see him.

*****

Kit looked around for her opponent, but found no one. Suddenly, two shuriken whizzed out of nowhere, and she was barely able to dodge them. She caught one in her hand, and it slightly nicked her knuckle. Itachi became a black blur and sped past her, the wind from his speed tossing her hair in front of her face. She sighed. It was hard, especially when she had no clue of what to do. But, the best way to learn to do something is to go straight on into it. She kept trying, although her whole body strained and whined.

*****

Kit smiled faintly at the memory, and then rolled over on her side, and pulled the covers up to her chin. Her muscles relaxed, and her breathing slowly evened out from the rapid hyperventailating she had been doing before. She slept.

*****

Itachi sat down of the corner of his large bed, musing about Kit. Her abilities were endless, he could admit that, but she had no clue what she was doing. He shivered uncharacteristically. A deep power lay inside her, one that had yet to be awakened. Like the demon fox, she had a formidable power, one that was rarely matched. `She will be strong.'

*****

*****

*****

AN: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been really sick and I had a lot of homework that I had to do when I was sick. >__< That chapter was short, ne? But at least I updated. Sorry that I'm not so good at fight scenes, but there are going to be a lot in this story. I'm planning for around fifteen chapters, I'm not sure how many I'll write, though. The story kind of writes itself.

Thanks to those people who reviewed! I love when people review because it lets me know if people like my work or not! ^___^ Please review!

Review Responses(MM)

Zoey: I'm glad you liked it! I hope you like this chapter too! ^__^

fluffyfan: I updated for you!

Laura Smith: Thanks for reviewing!

Review Responses(FF)

KakashiLvr: ^__^ I make the chapters shorter, and that way it's easier to organize them, because when I make them longer, I usually blab on about nothing and it gets boring. >__<