Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Home Again ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 11

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

Because your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone

My Immortal

Evanescence

***************

Kit woke up that morning refreshed and ready to find that woman. She opened her eyes and saw - a white ceiling? She looked around and saw she was in her own room, in her own time. Whenever that was. Kit swung her legs around the edge of the bed and stared blankly at the wall, as bits and pieces of.. something came back to her.

*****

Pain.

It shot through her like a hot knife through butter, rippling through her like water does on a pond. It was all she could do not to cry out. Her hands were shaking, unable to take the white hot pain that was flowing through her veins. It was everywhere, not only in her back, but also in her arms, her legs, and her head. Kit couldn't take it anymore. She did the one thing that she was trying to resist all this time.

*****

A flicker of exasperation danced in Itachi's onyx eyes, and then it was gone. He walked over to her, and grabbed the cloth, wordlessly running it over her back. She noticed that he was especially careful with her wings, and no more blood ran out of them. Kit shivered slightly, despite the warm water she used, as Itachi ran the cloth over her pale back, which had never been exposed to the sun. Soon he was done, and stood up, going to leave. She smiled.

"Thank you." she said.

*****

"No, I mean why would you go home? You have everything here, and you want to leave?"

"I'll be back!" Kit said, starting to get frustrated. Why wouldn't he let her leave?

"How?" Itachi asked.

"I don't know." Kit said. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Fine."

*****

`I guess it was all a dream' Kit thought, holding her head in her hands. `But it was so real. And I can't help but remember him.. Itachi, was it?' She sighed, and fell back on her bed, bouncing slightly, and rested her hands on her stomach. `I loved - I love him, don't I? But is he truly real?' Kit got up, and checked her calendar. Someone had marked it for her, it being Saturday, June 19, 2004, and she had remembered falling asleep over… A month ago???

This was insane. Kit gasped. `But now what's going to happen.. Should I still pretend to be asleep? Do they even know I was asleep all those days?' Kit walked over to her dresser, finally noticing that she was nude. Her clothes, after all, were in the other place she had been… Wherever that was.. and she figured that it would be nearly impossible to come back with the clothes she had been given. But where were they now?

Kit shook her head and sighed. She didn't really believe that had been real.. It was fake. It had to be. She passed but her mirror, and then stopped. Running down her back were two scars. Two scars from something not obvious. Not an operation. Not a weapon.. They weren't stitched, either. She frowned. `What the hell happened?' Kit stored that in the back of her mind. First she had to get dressed.

She slipped on a pair of black baggy pants, and a red tank top over that. She went through her jewelry box searching for a necklace. And then she saw it. A gold chain with a pendant in the middle. The pendant was gold with rubies surrounding it, and a diamond in the middle. Kit examined it. It wasn't hers, she knew that. But something was telling her she needed this necklace.

She frowned and put it on. She could have just lost that memory of it in her mini-coma for all she knew. Kit walked over to the mirror and looked at herself. The necklace was gorgeous. `I shouldn't wear it with this outfit..' she thought, and then looked towards her closet. She browsed through the three dresses that she had, and then she saw it. A silver tank top dress. She pulled it out. `This is odd.. first a necklace, now a dress?' Kit pulled the dress out and started changing into it.

*****

Two figures watched Kit safely from a wooden room. The only light was a candle, lighting half of the room and leaving just enough light for the crystal ball in the middle of the old table to work. One of the figures sighed.

"Do you really think I should have given them to her?" it asked. It was gentle and musical, obviously a woman's.

Another voice responded. "It is time for her to know." Also female, but not as old. A child, perchance.

The first one nodded. "She will be calling us soon."

"We should be ready." the child replied.

*****

Kit looked in her full-length mirror. She looked.. different. Her blue-black hair had grown in a month, lengthening from just below her shoulders to nearly down to her waist. Her green eyes hadn't changed, nor had her face, but she had grown an inch, and the dress and necklace made her look like she wasn't fifteen, like she was nearly twenty-five. Kit was taken aback at how different she looked. But this girl in the mirror seemed familiar. That comforted her, knowing at least something in her life was familiar.

Kit took off the dress and changed back into her original pants and shirt. She kept the necklace on, however. That felt important. Kit plopped down on her bed again, and opened her book to read. Before she started, she noticed something. `Hey! That author has the same last name as me!' She smiled. `I can look her up!' Kit walked over to her computer and started it up, and as she was waiting, she looked at her book. `Takani Haru. Wonder who she is. Well, I'll find out in a second.' She typed the book title and the author name into her favorite search engine. `Viewing 1-20 of 5218? That's a little much!' Kit clicked on the first page, and she was surprised at what information she saw.

***************

AN: I know the way Kit looked up the name of the author was kind of odd, like you don't really see your last name on a book, and be like, `Let's look this up!' But it's important, so bear with me! ^___^ Thanks to all of you who reviewed, and to those of you who haven't, please review!