Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Another Piece of the Puzzle ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Takani Haru - The legendary angel who saved her people - and her daughters - at the cost of her own life. Not much is known about her, except it is said that her two daughters are still living, but most people don't believe that.

Haru was said to be very stubborn, and as a law said that no angel could go down to earth for fear of people cursing them and then killing their entire clan. Haru disobeyed that law when she was young, about sixteen, as she wanted to go down and see what was down in earth.

She flew down, and is said to have befriended some people, but no one knows the existence or whereabouts of those people. A month later, when Haru flew back up, with her two children, now only a month or so old, the villagers caught them and captured Haru, but her two daughters managed to escape.

Haru was punished from an angel messenger from above, and she was sentenced to have her daughters live on earth, and have no memory of her or their powers. A legend says one still has those memories, but one does not.

Haru was killed in that accident, because she used her powers to erase the memory of her and her children in the minds of the villagers who captured them. The power that she demonstrated was so powerful, it is said the entire earth shook at that time.

Some people claim to have seen her two daughters, but no one knows for sure if they are alive, as they would be immortal, or if they were killed. The pictures are just sketches or paintings, from those who claimed to see the legendary Takani Haru.

*****

Kit finished reading, and decided she'd heard enough. `Now the author of this book is a legend? Not only a legend, but an angel, too?' She shook her head. `Maybe this is just a joke. I should look up the book.' Kit nodded to herself, and typed the book name and author into the search engine. The only words on the screen were:

Sorry, no results found

Kit retreated from the computer as it was some sort of wild monster or demon that was going to devour her whole. `No - no results found. That's impossible.' She tried a different search wizard, and then another, but all came back with the same thing - no results. `That means that Haru is real. But she's dead. This book was published - ' Kit checked the publish date. `Fifteen years ago.' She shook her head. It wasn't possible. How could she have owned the book if she wasn't even born when it was published?

Kit turned back towards her bed, and nearly screamed when she saw the woman sitting on it. "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

The woman smiled. "I brought you a friend. She will help you, Kit."

A girl stepped out from behind the woman's back shyly. She was short, and Kit guessed she had to be around twelve or eleven. She wore an ankle length dress with a slit up to her knee, and the traditional blue ninja sandals, although a forehead protector was no where to be seen. The girl was almost a younger mirror reflection of Kit, except with shoulder-length blue-black hair, and blue eyes instead of green. The girl smiled in greeting, and Kit nodded.

"Kit, this is Naoru. Your sister." the woman said.

Kit shook her head. "What are you talking about? I don't have a sister?"

The woman walked over to Kit and placed a comforting hand on Kit's shoulder. "Kit, you don't know a lot of things that you think you know. You have a sister, and your mother - " She paused. "I don't know if I should be telling you this, but your mother is alive."

Kit gasped. "What - what do you mean? I never had a mother. She died when I was a month old. My aunt even said so!"

"Your aunt is lying. She knows the truth." the woman said.

Another piece of the puzzle clicked into place.

"What is your name?" Kit asked slowly.

A look of nervousness flickered over the woman's face. "Why do you want to know that?"

"You never told me, I just don't want to call you `you' or `hey you' anymore." Kit said. She was certain she knew the woman's identity now.

"Very well then. My name is - " the woman was cut off by Naoru running over and covering her mouth. "Mmph."

"Don't tell her yet." Naoru said.

"But - why? I want to know who you are! This isn't making sense!" Kit yelled, so frustrated with the whole thing.

The door flew open, and Kit's aunt stood in the doorway. The woman and Naoru immediately disappeared. "Takani Kit! What is the meaning of all this screaming!" her aunt seemed to realize something. "You're awake! I was so scared you were going to die!" the small woman launched herself on Kit, speezing her so tightly Kit was afraid her ribs would break. "Back to bed with you, we don't want you getting sick again."

"What - what happened?" Kit stuttered. `I was sick?'

"You were sleeping - well, in a coma for nearly two months, dear!" her aunt said, something about her tone sounding false.

"I was - " Kit was cut off by her aunt.

"Back to bed!" the woman ushered her into bed, and tucked the covers over her, although it was morning. "You need sleep."

Kit shook her head, not feeling tired at all, but when she laid down on her soft sheets, her eyes closed, and she was asleep before her head grazed the pillow.

***************

AN: I am so sorry about that wait. I lost my chapter setup sheet, so I had to make the plot again for the next three chapters. But it's all good now. Please review! ^____^U