Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Back Where I Belong ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Kit woke up, slightly discouraged. She still didn't know that woman's name. And why was Naoru keeping the woman from telling her her name? Kit sighed. `Why did this have to happen to me? I could have just been a normal fifteen-year old student, but no, some stupid destiny thing had to happen and now I'm a part of it whether I want to be or not. Why didn't I meet Naoru earlier? And why is that woman introducing me to Naoru now?'

She got off her bed and changed into black shorts and a white tanktop. Kit sat back down on her bed, debating in her head whether to go back. The rational side of her brain said to stay here, Itachi didn't want her back, and she could still live a normal life here. The other part was saying she should go back because it's her responsibility, and that she should face her destiny.

The rational side was losing.

Kit got up and walked to the window. She needed to call for the woman again, but she didn't know how. She knew now what she needed to do. Itachi didn't matter. He didn't - He mattered. She still loved him a lot, no matter how much he hated her. Kit shook her head and fingered her necklace, which she had kept on from the night before. Unconciously, her mind called out. A soft glow came from a side of the room, and the said person appeared.

"I didn't know you could call me." the woman said.

Kit spun around. "Call you?"

"You called me using that necklace." the woman said.

"I what? Anyway, I want to go back."

"You want to - It isn't that simple, you know." the woman said.

"What?" Kit asked.

"Every time you go back and forth between worlds, a bit of your chakra dissapears. It takes a while to regain, but you only have a small amount left. If you go back, you risk dying."

"Dying.." Kit echoed.

"Yes, dying. You could die."

Kit stopped. She risked dying. But - a small part of her said to go. She nodded. "I'm going."

"Are you sure?" the woman questioned.

"Yes." Kit answered.

She nodded, and the soft white glow enveloped them both, and then Kit knew no more.

*****

Kit opened her eyes. She was lying on the forest floor, and the woman was standing above her. "You'll be fine. For some reason you have extra chakra, and that saved your life. You were lucky." She stood. "I have to go."

"Wait." Kit said, sitting up. The woman turned towards her, and she continued. "What is your name."

She sighed. "I suppose it is time for you to know."

Kit nodded eagerly. "What is it?"

"My name - my name is Takani Haru." the woman said, and then disappeared.

"Haru? But - wait! WAIT!" Kit yelled. It was too late. The woman had already disappeared. "Shit."

Kit got up and looked at her surroundings. `Wait. This is the same place that I arrived before. The every first time.' She smiled. `That means that Konoha is - ' She spun to the left. `That way.' Kit ran off, wanting to reach the village in an hour.

*****

Haru appeared in front of Sakura, who was resting in a chair in her house. Sakura jumped. "Who are you?"

"I am Haru. I need you to come to Kit and help her." she said.

"Why - what's wrong?" Sakura asked.

"Nothing. I need you to help her get here safely. Someone is after her."

"Who?"

"I cannot tell you that, for even I do not know."

"Alright." Sakura said.

"Come with me then" Haru replied, holding out her hand. Sakura took it, and a soft white light enveloped her, only Sakura, and then she was gone. Haru smiled. "Good luck."

*****

Kit sat down, exausted, but still hadn't gotten to the village. Suddenly a familiar glow appeared in front of her and Sakura emerged. Kit smiled. "Hello."

"Welcome back. Are you going to the village?" Sakura asked.

"Yes."

"Let me come with you."

"Why?" Kit asked.

"Someone is after you." Sakura said, starting to get the creeps.

Kit gasped. "Who? Why me?"

"I don't know."

Kit stood up. "We should go, then."

Sakura nodded, and the two set off for the village. Unbeknowst to them, a figure stood in the bushes, completely hidden from view. A long tongue snaked out of it's mouth, and was pulled back it. Pale lips curved into a smile. `Soon I will have you again, Kit. And then I will be powerful. More powerful than the world could ever imagine.'

***************

AN: That was a little short, but oh well. It's leading up to something. Please review!