Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ I Belong With You... ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wake Me Up Inside - Epilogue

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone but Kit.

***************

Kit looked out the window. It was almost dark. `Where is he? Itachi's usually back by now.. It's later than I usually stay up.' She pulled off her apron, and slipped quietly out the door. Kit padded silently down the hall in her bare feet, and paused at the door that led outside to the small courtyard. Her head jerked up at the sound of two voices, one bitter and vengeful, the other calm and edgy.

"Itachi."

There was a pause, and then, "Little brother.."

Kit gasped and then covered her mouth. She didn't want them to know she was there. Suddenly she remembered where she could hide. She turned around and fled down the hallway, coming to a door, and then dashed up a set of stairs.

She came out onto a balcony and lay down, letting her head dangle over the side. She could see them clearly now, but she was completely covered by the shadows. Sasuke was standing there, facing Itachi. Itachi had his normal blank look on, but Sasuke's face was different.

It was almost sad, as if he had failed to achieve even the easiest of goals, like swimming across the baby pool, or jumping over a twig. Of course, Kit knew the saying, another man's trash is another man's treasure, and another man's weakness is another man's gain. Itachi faced Sasuke.

"Why are you here this time?" came Itachi's smooth voice.

"I know what happened."

*****

Sakura ran through the forest, heading towards the Akatsuki headquarters. She knew that Sasuke would be there, she had sensed his chakra moving in the previously named direction as soon as she woke. Sakura ran faster, hoping to reach that place before he did. A light in her path stopped her, however. She smiled, as she knew who it was. Naoru appeared.

"Hey, Naoru-san!" Sakura smiled.

"Hello. Where are you off to?" Naoru replied, returning her smile.

"Sasuke-kun."

"Sasuke?"

"He's gone to see Itachi."

Naoru smiled. "He'll be fine."

"How do you know?"

"I talked to him." Naoru replied.

Sakura nodded. "I still want to go, however."

"I know a way that's faster." Naoru grinned.

Sakura frowned, and Naoru closed her eyes. A pair of wings unfolded from her back, going through her fabric instead of ripping it. Naoru grabbed Sakura's hand and took off. Sakura screamed when they were high up, the tips of Naoru's wings nearly brushing the tops of the trees.

*****

"You know what happened?" Itachi said slowly, as if the word were foreign to him.

"With the clan. You killed them all. Because of Orochimaru." Sasuke glared at him.

"Why would you say that?" Itachi asked.

"It all makes sense." Sasuke said desperately. "Your hatred for him, you looking sad when you killed them all, his fear of you after you became more powerful than him.." he trailed off, looking unhappy.

Itachi said nothing, and Sasuke continued. "But you've become weaker."

"So kill me." Itachi spat out suddenly. "Get revenge for our clan."

Sasuke stood his ground. "No."

"And why not, little avenger?" Itachi smirked. "It would be easy. I am weak now, like you said."

"You didn't do it.." Sasuke said. "You're weak because you love Kit. I came here to tell you I don't want to kill you.."

Itachi gave him a blank look. Sasuke sighed and turned away. Itachi smiled and turned to go back inside. Kit perked up. `He loves me…?' Then she suddenly blanched. Itachi was coming inside and she didn't want him to know she was listening. `I have to get back down there..' She ran down the stairs and stopped at the door. She put her hand on it, and turned the doorknob slowly, crept into the room and saw -

Itachi

He was sitting on a chair, facing the door with a blank look on his face. "I take it you heard that."

"I-I'm sorry." Kit stuttered. "I just -I'll go now."

She turned to the door, and stopped when she felt Itachi's arms circling her waist. `What - What is he doing?' She gasped when she felt his lips on her neck, and a voice in her ear. "Don't go.."

"W-What do you mean...?" Kit said shakily. It was all happening so fast.

"Why would you leave?"

"I don't know.."

"Then don't." Itachi said, turning her around. Her wide green eyes met his onyx ones. Emotions swirled around in them, very uncharacteristic for one who was so quiet and closed off.

"I -" Kit was cut off by Itachi pressing his lips to hers. Her eyes widened, then closed as she realized this was what she really wanted. She smiled into his kiss, and when he pulled back, she whispered the three words she'd long to say without rejection. "I love you."

Itachi offerered her a rare smile, one that Kit had never seen before. "I.. love you too." he said slowly, as if he was just learning how to say those words.

Kit pulled his lips to hers. `I can't belive it took me so long to say three little words..' She grinned mentally. `But now it's done Or rather, it's just beginning..'

***************

AN: Well, that's the end.. I SUCK at endings, just like I suck at fluffy parts.. O_oUU but there you have it.. Wake Me Up Inside is now done! *claps* I'm thinking about a sequel, since there are some things I didn't mention, but it's no big deal if they aren't.. Anyway, please review!