Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What am I to you? ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Naruto, untie me! You traitor! Untie me! I swear! Ugh!” she growled and struggled against the restrains, not believing the gall of her blond ex-friend. He betrayed them. “You're not getting away with this, do you hear?!”
“Sakura…” he called her name through her rants sitting down on the bed.
She screamed and moved around. “Naruto! I hate you! I knew you were useless to the team, I knew it! I knew we shouldn't have relied on you! I knew that we shouldn't have trusted you! Naruto, you traitor, I swear when I'm out of here, I will make sure that you pay, do you hear?!”
“Sakura…” he repeated her name and strolled to her dropping down to the bed. His hand found her shaking shoulder and he rubbed it. “You need to calm down.” Was that what she really thought of him? He shook his head.
She cried and tried to thrash away from him but the cuffs made it impossible for her. “Don't touch me! Don't you touch me Naruto! Take those claws off of me.”
He quickly let his hand drop from her. That was no big deal, fine, he wouldn't touch her. She wanted to be stubborn. Sure, he could be stubborn too. “Sakura, do you know where you are? What do you last remember?”
“Ugh!” she shouted and growled. At least, she stopped screaming and yelling. She glared at him and closed her eyes breathing in and out. Her head ached now. She just wanted to sleep. Her eyelids closed and she turned her head away from Naruto.
His hand had done something to her because when he touched her, it made her feel so safe. She cried silently and wondered what was going on? Did Naruto betray them for real? Naruto wasn't like that. He was a good person. She knew it. Yet for some unknown reason, she felt so angry with him.
What did Naruto do to her?
She didn't know. She didn't even know if she could ever trust him with her life. Sakura bit her lip.
Naruto wondered how to start this again. He opened his mouth but nothing could come out. She looked so tired. He looked at the sweat on her neck and face. She needed some rest. He would continue this tomorrow. He was going to leave her rest.
“Sakura, I would never betray you, never. Okay, see you tomorrow.”
His heart ached but he ignored the feeling and hurried to the door.
“Naruto!” she screamed his name and sobbed louder.
He spun around thinking that Sakura had come back, the real Sakura.
Her red eyes and the scowl on her face proved how that thought was far from true. Her next words that were raw and true broke his heart to small pieces.
“I hate you…”
Funny how those three words could hurt someone so deeply…
--
Ino closed the flower shop with two roses in hand. She put their stems in between her teeth and rummaged through her pink purse that marched with her white, tight jeans and long-sleeved blouse. It had been a long time since she talked with Sakura and Naruto.
Sakura was just not there anymore. Ino got another rival, Tenten. They were both fighting for Neji's attention now, since the hottest man left the village. When she was talking about the hottest, of course she meant Sasuke.
Man, she still wanted him.
Neji however, made a replacement for Sasuke. He was hot and very mysterious. Ino was going on a mission for him. He wanted her to sleep with Naruto and then after, he promised to date her for six months. And she of course in return had to do this mission for Neji even if it involved someone she knew that she would never get along with.
Naruto and her were never friends nor were they rivals. They just didn't like each other.
She walked down the sidewalk sighing. It didn't matter. She was still going to seduce him. Her high heels clicked on the pavement as she walked through the dark streets. Noises came from out of nowhere, a sign that she was close to the markets that were usually on sidewalks.
Naruto cleaned his spotless house repeatedly. He was trying to find something that would distract him for a while before midnight. At midnight, he was planning to go train in the fighting grounds. Right now, the fighting fields were preoccupied with other ninjas and he wanted to be alone for a while.
He straightened out his sofa pillows on the couch with shaky hands. He made sure that his mind was blank because he didn't want to think at all. No, he had promised himself that he wouldn't cry anymore and he wouldn't. Thinking would break him again.
Ino bought two dishes of ramen and was now right in front of Naruto's door. She pulled her knuckles up and rammed them against the door. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, she looked behind her and up at the moon. Her purse strapped on her shoulder and the bag of food in the other hand.
The door opened gently.
She turned in slow motion to meet smiling blue eyes. Here went nothing… “Naruto!” She gasped dramatically. “It has been a long time.” She was about to push past him and enter his home to only slam into his hard body.
“Ino, what can I do for you? …” Naruto questioned.
She backed away from his frame and crossed her hands over her chest. Was it just her or did Naruto intimidate her? She looked into his blank eyes that couldn't give his thoughts away. Why did Neji want her to sleep with Naruto, why?
Sure, Naruto had grown into a handsome man but he was so annoying and he barely allowed anyone in his heart. He closed his heart off from anyone and yet he was there. Naruto was nice, sure, he was a good friend but he just- ugh, it was complicated. Naruto was complicated.
Her heart was still beating and that disturbed her. “Naruto, um, I wanted us to… I have this crush on you and I-”
The door's passage widened that she could pass through.
She couldn't believe how easy that was. Taking the entrance made for her, she entered into his home. It surprised her how clean it was. Naruto looked like a messy person at least that was what she had thought he was. She took off her purse and put it on his couch. “I brought us some dinner…” she spoke.
Naruto shut the door and retook the steps Ino took but went to sit in the couch with smaller width and propped his elbows on his knees. “Ino, what are you really doing here? I don't want to play games so just say what you want so that I may go to bed.” He yawned out loud as if telling her that he was sleepy.
W-was this Naruto talking? She looked at him. What changed him? No, what was going on? Surely, this might just be a dream. She pinched her elbow and hissed in pain. Her eyes met blue orbs. Nope, it wasn't a dream.
Naruto exhaled. “Well?”
For some reason, she just wanted to leave. Regardless that she was doing this for Neji. This angered her but she wasn't someone that never said what was on her mind. “You're pathetic Naruto. I-I thought that you were stronger than this. I thought that you could fight anything thrown at you…”
“Shut up Ino, you have no idea what you're talking about,” Naruto said harshly.
One thing she hated was when someone told her to shut up or accused her of not knowing what she was talking about.
“Oh I don't know! This is about Sasuke isn't it? I know what I'm talking about alright. If you really think that life has to be perfect…then I pity you. I wonder what even Sakura sees in you. She used to talk about you to me telling me how strong you were and how you made her want to get strong.”
Naruto's eyes widened. Sakura told her that.
“I saw you fight Neji and Kiba and I remember you told those two that you don't know how to give up.” She chuckled harshly and pointed a finger at him.
“You are a liar Naruto! I don't like liars! I wonder how everyone will react after seeing the real Naruto that has been hiding behind a mask.”
She laughed sneering at him and picked up her purse from the couch.
“I don't even know what I'm doing here anymore. But, one thing, don't you dare ever look at me again if this is the real you! You disgust me and you're a disgrace to all ninjas!”
Naruto's eyes wavered watching Ino place two containers in a see-through plastic bag on the table, which was in the middle of the couches in the living room. Then she marched out of there. His door slammed shut making the whole apartment to shake a little.
The door wrung open again.
Ino with tears running down her cheeks exhaled looking at him.
“Naruto, fight for what you want. If you are in a deep mess, fix it and don't run. Stay strong! I-I lost someone special because I didn't fight for him enough and I regret it…” She left this time for good but shut the door softly behind her.
--
Shoulders shook in laughter. Kabuto crossed his legs staring at his new master that was sitting right across from him on a coach. Their plan was working out well indeed.
A pale hand pushed a wine glass to dry lips. The owner, his black orbs stared into another pair emotionlessly. He wanted to end his life. He didn't have anything to live for anymore. He owed Naruto his death.
After everything he did, he deserved death and the only person that was going to do it was Naruto.
Naruto was an idiot. The man still called him a best friend even after raping him. It wasn't something he was ashamed of, raping another man that was. No, what was the point when his days on Earth were numbered.
He just needed to push one last button to push Naruto over the edge.