Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What Life Throws at You ❯ Sunagaru ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Keiyou walked outside the boaders of Konohamaru.
It was just like his grandfather to pull a stunt like this.
He could never leave well enough alone.
Now what was Keiyou to do!?
The Sand, Mist, Lightening, where was he to go!?
"Might as well start in the Sand..." Keiyou grumbled to himself.
 
 
 
The land of Sand was extremilly hot that day, not that it normally wasn't, but it seemed hotter than usual.
Keiyou couldn't wait to sit down and rest.
Part of this was because he wasn't properly dressed for the occassion, and he didn't bring water.
"Kuso... Why didn't I pack water... What am I stupid?" Keiyou said aloud to himself.
It was a releif when he saw Sunagaru in the distaince.
He would of ran, if it weren't for the fact he was so tired.
Slowly he came upon the village.
"Hault, who goes there?" A guard asked as he stopped him.
"Uzumaki Keiyou of Konohamaru, the Hokage and the leader of the Hyuuga clan sent me. The Hokage said the Kazekage would be expecting me." Keiyou looked over at him seeing if it was okay for him to enter.
"Oh yeah, the Kazekage told us you might come here first. He thought you'd like some water too. Here!"
The guard threw a container at him with some water in it while he entered.
That day Sunagaru was filled with people, husseling and busseling, trying to do all their work.
Silently, Keiyou took sips of the water, avoiding an occassional glance from passerbiers.
He guessed his eyes were the cause, white eyes, not necessarilly normal, he had to laugh at that.
Those eyes did seem to distract some people though, so much so, that someone ran into an apple stand.
Oh well, it wasn't like Karasu's Sharigan, at least Karasu could hide it, he couldn't!
Walking up to The Kazekage tower, he regained the reason why he was here.
'Duh, I'm here cause I need that sticker!' He thought while knocking himself one.
 
 
 
 
He walked up all those steps to the Kazekage's waiting room.
When he finally reached it, he took a seat, plainly exausted.
"Sir, what are you doing?" The reseptionist asked him.
"Dying... I came ALL the way from Konohamaru, on foot, without stopping, and without food or water."
She looked at Keiyou like, 'are you stupid?' But she went into the enployee breakroom and came back with, water, food, and a cool pack.
"The foods cooked, the waters cold, and the ice pack is cold. Now please, tell me who you are?"
He looked at her, she was pretty, and apparently kindhearted too, plus she was a good cook, if she had cook the food he was eating.
"My name is Uzumaki Keiyou, I was supposed to see the Kazekage."
She seemed dazzled by this, he thought she knew his fathers name.
"Wait, are you the Hokage's son?" She seemed really exicted about this.
"Yes, oh by the way, did you cook this?"
Keiyou was enjoying the food, it was more than delious.
"You like it? Well I did cook it, it's a family recipe." She blushed slightly at him.
"Yes, this is great! Oh wait, shoot! I need to talk with the Kazekage!"
Keiyou finished off the food and water, and gave her back the ice pack.
"Wait... Aren't you going a little fast? Look, I'll take your plate and glass, just sit down."
Keiyou was amazed, not only was she pretty, could cook, and was nice, she was also spunky.
She grabed the plate and glass and headed back to the breakroom.
Keiyou then took the time to use his bakyuugan to watch her through the wall.
'Man she pretty! Aw man! Wait, what is that?' Keiyou then looked at her left hand.
There was a small diamond ring on her index finger.
'Shoot! She's engaged! Whoever the lucky devil is, I wish I were him!' Keiyou sighed, he thought he had met his dream girl, now he found out she was taken.
Slowly, he deactivated his bakyuugan, now he wished he was still in the middle of the desert.
"Keiyou, what's wrong, you look down..." she asked him, while she rejoined him.
"What is your name?" Keiyou didn't want to talk about anything else, he didn't want to feel anymore attached to her than he already was.
"My name... Oh! It's Suki. By the way Keiyou, does your sudden change of mood have to do with my ring?"
He looked at her slightly, not feeling like he should look at her more.
"You're future husband is a lucky man."
Keiyou saw the sudden look of fright on her face.
"Suki, why are you keeping the Hokage's son?" They both turned to see Gaara.
"S... Sir, he was famished and hadn't anything to drink besides one ceg of water! He was also over heated!"
Suki looked determinedly at Gaara, while Gaara looked at her understandingly.
"Keiyou isn't it? Follow me..." Slowly, Keiyou did as he was told.
 
 
 
 
 
Keiyou sat down in Gaara's office.
"Keiyou, take this..."
Gaara handed him a book with a stamp of the Sand emblem on it.
"Thanks..." Keiyou thought this was sort of simple, too easy.
"Oh Keiyou, you like Suki do you?"
Keiyou froze at the mention of it.
"Suki is beautiful, but she's taken..."
Keiyou didn't know why she mattered to him so much, he didn't really even know her.
"She really isn't, that ring is to fend guys off. So take her with you."
Gaara started to write something on a piece of paper, then gave it to him.
"Give that to Suki..."
Keiyou was speechless as the left the room.
 
 
 
 
Keiyou slipped the piece of paper infront of her, then waited for her responce.
Her eyes widened with every word she read, when at the end, she arose.
"I... I don't know what to say..." Suki said to him.
"Really, I didn't either... So anyway, let's go!" Keiyou said unpaitently.