Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 15. TIME FOR DISGUISE! ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

15. TIME FOR DISGUISE!
 
Asuka coughed, and turned in her sleep. An annoying ray of light hit her directly in the eye, making the girl bury herself under tons of covers.
Too late.
She was wide awake.
She sneezed and then sighed. Hell, what an idiotic idea to follow the blasted Uchiha to a bath in the cold lake in the middle of the night. Was she brainless or something?
She had had troubles trying to fall asleep that night. Too many thoughts, to many doubts, to many questions, to many regrets.
What was she doing? It was the second time she found herself way too close to the stoic boy's lips. And it had always been her approaching him!
She was blushing like mad, told her the unmistakable burning sensation on her cheeks.
That was crazy. She was blushing. For the Uchiha. Alone. In her bed.
Three, two, one…
She kicked the covers and stood up, stretching like usual.
`Make up your freaking mind, Asuka!' she told to herself. `Is this love? Is this attraction? Is this just the summer heath playing tricks to your teenage brain?'
 
Recently Asuka found herself cursing a lot. And she knew whose fault it was. Damn Kakashi. Damn Itachi. And here she goes again! `This is so frustrating. I thought I had my mind made up. Wasn't I in love with Itachi?? And now? What's with the sudden doubts? Shit. I. Hate. Me.' The girl thought heading to the dining room, where breakfast was being served.
 
Hands covered her eyes. So cliché. “Guess…” a voice said happily. “Good morning, Kakashi-sempai.” Greeted him the girl, turning to face him. “Come, Asuka-chan, let me treat you to breakfast.” The white haired jounin led her to the table where the breakfast was. “I don't think you can exactly call that treating me to breakfast, you know. First, because it's not you the one paying.” She said. “Oh, Asuka-chan, don't spoil the fun. Let's pretend that you are the princess, and that I am the knight who would do anything for you. Serving breakfast included. Now, be a good princess and sit under that tree over there” and pointing at a tree in the garden he headed to the table.
 
Asuka sighed, and went through the open door of the terrace to reach the tree, looking in her pocket for something to tie her hair. She gave up, and simply adjusted her black polo t-shirt and the matching trousers.
She sat on the grass, looking at Kakashi who was coming carrying biscuits, brioches and orange juice.
“Aaah, Asuka-chan! There you are!” Shisui exclaimed running towards her, followed by a brooding Itachi and a sleepy Ren.
“Morning Asuka, Kakashi” Ren greeted yawning. “It's rude to yawn like that, Ren.” The kunoichi scolded him, earning a stuck of the young man's tongue.
“Good morning, Taichou.” Said Itachi bowing his head in Asuka's father direction.
“”Good morning, boys. Today we are going to have a busy day. Have breakfast, and then I'll tell you.” The man said.
Kakashi sighed. His breakfast with Asuka-chan had turned into a sort of picnic.
 
* * *
The two teams, Yoshizumi and Kakashi, were sitting on the floor of the room that had been assigned to Shin. Asuka's father was a well known diplomatic, and that was the excuse they were using as a cover.
“Hokage-sama informed me this morning that the scroll was seen in the hands of Osagawa Hideaki. And that's not good.” Informed them shin, handling a scroll, probably delivered by the Hokage's falcon.
Kakashi shook his head. “Definitely not good. This messes things up quite a bit.”
Ren, Itachi and Shisui didn't seem to understand what was going on, so Asuka had the decency to explain them.
“Itachi, I thought that as the heir of the Uchiha you took more interest in politics. Osagawa Hideaki is an Oto daymio. And…a fence, dealer in stolen properties and illicit goods. That means that he might be the mean between the burglar, and someone more important than him.” The girl explained.
“Orochimaru?!” asked Shisui.
Shin nodded. “Very likely, it's him.”
“What do we have to do? I mean, we need to get to know him, to make him trust us, to be involved in his traffics…but we have no time” Kakashi said.
“Time, right, time is the problem. Not to mention that you and I, Kakashi, are known. We can't even think about showing in front of him.” Shin was thoughtful.
“But they don't know us, father! I mean, Taichou.” Asuka exclaimed.
“that's right. But Uchihas are easily recognizable. And we can't use any kawarimi, because if there is Orochimaru behind all this, I believe that these ninjas, or robbers, or criminals, are pretty skilled.” added her father.
“We must run the risk, Shin-taichou.” Itachi said, breaking his silence.
“Asuka and Itachi, I want you on the first line. Ren and Shisui, you'll support them from behind.”
“We need something to deal with them, though. Weapons? Artefacts?” asked Shisui.
“If they deal with Orochimaru we need to give them something….tastier.” Kakashi said.
“Scrolls.” Everyone said at the unison.
“Forbidden scrolls, right. I'm going to send the falcon back to the hokage, asking him to spread the news that other scrolls have been stolen.” The mission leader paused, and pointed his finger towards Asuka and Itachi. “By you.”.
Ren nodded. “Shisui and I may go looking someone connected to Osagawa…no offence, but Itachi and Asuka, you look too…delicate.” At this Asuka sweat-dropped, and Itachi just shrugged.
“But Taichou, everyone knows that we are with you. I mean, as your escort.” Asuka asked.
“And that's the best excuse, Asuka-chan. You are unsuspected by anyone, being Leaf shinobi. NO one would believe you are hiding something.” Kakashi explained.
The young kunoichi shook her head. “I just don't get it”
“Konoha would never suspect of you, and if the news of the scrolls in your hands are spread and believable, you'll be the perfect fences.” Shisui told her.
“Hai, Shisui-kun” she nodded.
“I don't know how a fence acts. Do I have to be rude, or something?” Itachi asked.
Asuka looked at him. He was right, she had never played this role. How were they supposed to behave?
Kakashi smiled evily. “Just be the badass you are, Itachi-kun. Your spoiled prince attitude is the key.”
“Kakashi-sempai!” Asuka said instinctively.
Itachi looked at her and smirked.
“Go clubbing, spend a lot of money, make sure you are seen, flirt, behave poshy but rude at times. The rude is for you, Itachi. Make sure you don't go unnoticed.” Kakashi said, looking annoyed. Why did Asuka scold him? Itachi was a badass, he was just speaking the truth----
“There you go.” Shin threw an envelope to Itachi. “Just go and have a few new clothes. And Asuka, I want them to look expensive, not to be expensive.”
“Yeeee!!” Asuka exclaimed. “Come, Itachi, dear” she said jokingly and sticking to his left arm. “We must look like an happy criminal couple. This is going to be funny!” the girl laughed, going out of the room followed by Ren and Shisui.
Kakashi was hating every minute of the goddamn mission, that was for sure.
 
* * *
Otogakure was pretty lively at night.
The clubs in the main street were overcrowded, and the queue to enter the Anima, the coolest one, according to Ren's researches, was pretty long.
But the four Leaf shinobi, hitai-ate disappeared, didn't even look at the queue. As they entered, three young man and a young woman, all extremely handsome in their black fashionable clothes, many people turned to have a better look.
Ren and Shisui, both completely involved in the role they were assigned, wore dark blue suits, and white shirts. Itachi looked like the perfect high-rank criminal, in his dark grey suit, with a black shirt and his low ponytail. His cold glare and the girl hanging on his right arm completed the picture.
The girl who was leaning on him, holding his arm tightly, was Asuka, of course; and she had a very good reason for clinging on him that way. She wore a short, black dress, with ruched chest and bare back. Her long, dark hair was combed into a morbid tress leaning on her left shoulder, and a few bangs fell gently on her eyes. Itachi looked at her, and moving the bangs from her eyes whispered in her ear “Asuka-chan, I feel my arm growing cold, would you mind releasing it?”. Asuka shot hima death glare. “Yes, I do” she hissed, voice full of venom. “It was you and those two morons over there insisting that I wore high heels shoes. I told you I didn't want do, didn't I? And I told you I wasn't able, right? But you were all like `Oh, Asuka-chan, how can you even think about a dress like that without heels' and I, stupid me, I gave up.” Itachi smirked, and she squeezed his arm. “And now, you'll pay the consequences”. She said leaning on him for balance. “Not that I mind having you so close, Asuka-chan, but if you could just release a little bit that iron grip of yours on my arm…that's much better, thank you. Shall we look for seats?” Itachi said. Asuka nodded, but they were anticipated by Ren and Shisui who asked the waiter for the best table of the club.
Eyes followed the four as they passed, and the customers of the club wondered who they were.
“Ne, Genji, do you know who they are?” asked a man sitting at the bar, to a jounin sitting at his left.
“Nope” the other replied.
“Heard they are Konoha nins” a waiter carrying a tray said, “but sure as hell they don't look like ninjas”.
“Murasaki is right” the man called Genji said.
“We should be referring to Osagawa-san about them, ne, Genji?” but before the man finished his question, he was hit in the stomach by the other's elbow.
”Baka! Of course we should, but you should know that we are never to say *his* name in public! You baka!” and that said they left.
`Perfect' a white haired masked man thought, asking for another drink. `They already hit the spot'.
 
It was about midnight when the club became really crowded and, to say the least, lively.
Asuka, who had by now learnt how to stand on heels (not that she liked it, though; she had made a mental note to self `never wear high heels unless it's strictly necessary'), was sipping her drink, absurdly bored. Ren and Shisui were laughing and chatting, while the stoic Uchiha Itachi had kept a quiet, cold glare for the whole time, scaring to death those who tried to ask Asuka to dance.
The kunoichi was tapping her fingers on the table following the rhythm of some unknown latin song, when Ren noticed and, ignoring Itachi, helped her up and asked her to dance. They didn't like to dance in public, even if they jumped like mad in front of the TV or listening to songs they liked; but that didn't mean they weren't good dancers. In fact, the Yoshizumi clan was known in Konoha for the passion for dance and music they had.
“Asuka-chan is awesome when she is smiling like that, ain't she, Itachi?” Shisui asked, without taking his eyes off the girl.
Itachi didn't reply.
Shisui then looked at him, and he saw a very, very angered Itachi, Sharingan on, looking at Ren with murderous intents.
Shisui sweat-dropped. “Itachi, they are cousins …you should worry more about Kakashi, you know.” He said. And as if Shisui had called him, Kakashi approached the couple, and Ren nodded, leaving Asuka to dance with the older jounin.
So, here they were, dancing in the crowded dance floor, swirling, undulating, holding each other tightly, letting go to meet in strong and passionate embraces, laughing and smiling.
Kakashi every now and then buried his face in Asuka's neck, and looked behind her shoulders to see Itachi's reactions. Oh, good, very good.
The younger man was irradiating an aura full of anger and need to kill anything coming in contact with the girl, and now this homicidal instinct was aiming at him, at Kakashi.
Kakashi smiled satisfied, and looked back at the woman in his arms.
Asuka-chan was now looking like a woman, a damn hot one, for instance. But she wasn't a woman. Not yet. `Calm down Kakashi' he said to himself, as he had already begun with nasty thoughts caused by the warm contact their bodies came in every now and then.
The song ended, and they were panting and laughing like they were alone.
Wait.
They were alone.
The people on the dance-floor had moved away, to let the couple more space.
And now that Asuka and Kakashi were taking a look around, pretty confused, the people around them had begun clapping their hands, until the owner of the club came to them and shook hands with both.
Itachi was almost exploding. He stood up, and headed to the dance-floor where Kakashi and Asuka were. Shisui didn't even try to stop him, afraid of the consequences. `Damn, Kakashi, did you really have to do that?!' Shisui was frustrated. He still liked Asuka more than words could say, but with these two as foes…no, he really didn't feel like pushing this far.
The long haired Uchiha took Asuka by the hand, and hold her possessively tight.
“You were awesome” he said smiling to her, who lowered her eyes and felt her cheeks burning in shame, muttering something like `thank you'.
“Oh, and you are?” the club owner asked him.
“Those who ask for my name should introduce themselves, first” Itachi smirked.
“Ah! Right you are! Osagawa, Eiji.”
“Uchiha, Itachi. And she is Yoshizumi Asuka, my fiancèe.” `Osagawa? Mmm, awesome.' Asuka was speechless. Whose fiancée was she? Was he kidding?! `Ok girl. This is a mission. Mission. Riiight. And you have to be believable. Just calm down.'
Kakashi was left behind.
“Do you wish to come in the more…exclusive side of my club, Uchiha-san? With your lady and your…friends, of course.” Osagawa said.
Itachi nodded, then looked at Ren and Shisui who followed.
Itachi went after the man not releasing the strong grip of his right arm around the girl's waist, but none of them seemed to mind.
 
 
 
 
----
sorry if I disappeared for such a long time! I had a lot (and I really mean a lot) to do at school…
hope you enjoy the chapter!!
Again, read and review ^_^
Ciaaaao!!