Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 37. BACK TO WORK ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
37. BACK TO WORK
 
Asuka still felt the weightiness of the dream she had done the night before on her shoulder. She splashed cold water on her face trying to erase the traces of it, and wondered what kind of a wicked mind she had to have to dream something like that with the accuracy and the details that had she still couldn't bring herself to forget.
 
This was way too stressing for her.
 
She dried her face and looked at her own reflection; she had begun losing weight, and her tanned skin was beginning to get paler and paler. The girl sighed. She would not eventually become of the diaphanous, pale complexion like of the Uchihas. In her destiny was a yellowish, anemic-like paleness. No, not anemic-like. She was anemic.
 
She snapped her fingers and wore her Oinin uniform. Ren had told her that Isoshi-taichou had finally agreed to have her back in the team, even if with a marginal role.
 
She really didn't know what crossed the blasted man's mind.
 
While combing her hair into her usual high ponytail, Asuka decided that really, she didn't care.
 
A wicked smile quickly flashed on her lips.
 
She was going to kill him, after all.
 
* * *
“Asuka-chan!” Ren cried in joy throwing his arms at the younger girl's neck.
 
“Ren-kun! I've been missing you!” Asuka exclaimed, hugging him back.
 
“Don't say bullshit Asuka, we see each other everyday, we live together, dumbass…” Ren poked her on the forehead, and Asuka was almost caught into a trip in the past.
 
Almost.
 
Isoshi, no, Taichou-teme had just appeared behind them.
 
“Oh, look who's there” he said, nodding in acknowledgement to the Yoshizumi cousins.
 
The girl's stomach twitched. Urgh. She smiled sweetly. “Good morning, Isoshi-taichou. Thank you for giving me the chance to get back in the team” was what she said, followed by a bow.
 
“Don't give me that, Asuka. I know you are cursing me inside.” The young man snapped back.
 
A vein twitched on Asuka's forehead
 
What to do now? Going on with the act or telling everything she thought right into his face? Uhm.
 
“Yes, actually I am, Isoshi-taichou.” She smiled again.
 
“I appreciate your honesty, Asuka. Aya.” He nodded to his wife.
Both cousins rolled their eyes; was he this bossy even with his wife???
 
The man opened a scroll. “This is going to be easy, almost genin stuff. Usual things, reaper, blah blah, killer, yes, well, we don't need to know that. All we need to know is his name, his face, and where to find him.” He grabbed a lucid paper and showed it to the three. The face of a man was staring back at them. “This is Amane Ryuuga and he has no special abilities. Good luck.” He turned his back and was about to go out of the door, the cloak already in his hands.
 
“Wait!” Asuka complained, and bit her tongue right after. If she was to get back at him, why the hell was she acting like this???
 
“Excuse me?” he said coldly, slowly turning to look at the Konoha girl.
 
`SHIT' the girl inwardly cursed.
 
“Hem…I think…I think you should tell us where we are heading, and how we are going to…well, to do our job. I think you should make up a plan, if you haven't one already.” She said, biting her lips nervously. `Dammit! Biting lips is sign of weakness!'
 
“A plan.” Isoshi repeated.
 
Asuka nodded.
 
“How about you shut up and follow me and follow my instructions on the spot?” he suggested.
 
The girl vigorously shook her head.
 
“In Konoha we are explained at least the general moves of the mission…taichou-san.” She added, as a precaution. A useless precaution, as she knew that her relationship with the man was already seriously compromised, and not of her free will. It was him the mad man who had suddenly decided that she wasn't skilled enough and stuffs.
 
But she was going to make him pay.
 
Oh yes she was.
 
`Yes, taichou, tell me the details…I need to make up my own plan. I'll scare the hell out of you. You'll see I'm skilled, I'm dangerous, and you'll respect me' she thought, while her taichou had broken the eye contact.
 
“Well, Asuka-san, we are heading north, as we came to know that the man is hiding on the northern shores.”
 
Asuka was about to open her mouth and speak again.
 
“And NO MORE comments allowed, Yoshizumi-san.”
 
Shit.