Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 39. A FEAST FOR CROWS ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

39. A FEAST FOR CROWS
 
The blood was running warm down Asuka's gloved hand.
 
At least thirty men surrounded the Oinins.
 
The Yoshizumi kunoichi drew out the sword, and with a quick movement she cleaned its sharp blade from the blood.
 
Shurikens were shot in her direction, and she blocked them with both her katana and her forearm protector.
 
The dark armours of the men shone with the whiteness of the snow, giving to the fight which had just begun a spectral light.
 
“Now it's my turn” she smirked at the missing nin, and when she drew out the katana from his stomach he fell in the snow covered soil with a thud. Itachi's boldness and badass had affected her more deeply than she had thought. The sarcastic comments that the smirking Uchiha beauty made while fighting had become a part of her own fighting style.
 
The snow had stopped falling; the night sky was still as dark as ever.
 
Ren was fighting two men, blocking one with the Ishigan and hitting the other with the medic needles that had become his favorite weapon so far.
 
Isoshi's katana was dirtied with blood, and a couple of man lied on the floor, in a mess of limbs and clothes. He raised his arms above his head, and lowered violently the sword on a man.
 
Aya was shooting arrows and hitting the massive number of mukenins from a distance. Her quiver was already half empty, but the enemies didn't seem to decrease.
 
Not even for a moment the four Oinins thought about where the enemy came from, not about how they couldn't see it coming, not about how they could have been tricked so easily. Not that they cared. They were already making it up.
 
Asuka stole another katana from a dead body, and proceeded to fight another man.
 
Her wrists swirled, the katanas crossed before her, and the man in front of her fell at her feet, beheaded.
 
The blood hit her on the mask, and she mentally thanked that choking mask. She would be covered in other men's blood by now, and that would be rather disgusting.
 
The snow was dirtied in blood, and cut limbs were sprawled all over the place.
 
The metallic smell of blood filled her lungs, but she was too used to it to even bother.
 
She carelessly raised her arm and hit an upcoming man between the eyes.
 
If there was one thing Isoshi had taught her, was to lose the fear of killing. Once she had overcome the guilt and the fear that struck her whenever she witnessed as her victim's heart beating one last time in agony, she had begun finding killing rather pleasant. The carelessness, the boldness, the feeling of superiority was all Itachi's legacy.
 
An arrow hissed right beside her left year, and went hitting another man between his eyes.
 
The kunoichi raised an arm in thanks to her fellow team-mate, and went back fighting.
 
How many of them were left?
 
They just seemed to be never ending.
 
Limbs were cut, throats were opened. Blood blurred her vision and stained her mask and clothes.
 
She had never killed that much in her whole life.
 
With a moment of pause, she noticed that Ren was rather worn out, too, and that Aya had abandoned her bow for lack of arrows, and was now using her jutsus.
 
The Konoha kunoichi dashed in the young woman's direction, and threw a kunai.
 
Useless.
 
Asuka closed her eyes and opened them again as soon as she could, completely black.
 
“ISHIGAN” she screamed in her mind.
 
The man fell as if his soul had suddenly left his body.
 
The girl resisted the urge to look away.
 
Aya seemed puzzled.
 
A soft moan escaped the dark kunoichi's lips, and blood trailed her mouth before she fell on top of the man who had stabbed her back.
 
“Aya!” both Isoshi and Asuka screamed.
 
Asuka's eyes were still completely black, and rage deformed her features.
 
“Now I really have enough” she hissed coldly, throwing her mask away.
 
All the remaining mukenin, their target included, froze. They were staring in fear at each other, struggling to move. Asuka was smiling in delight.
 
Isoshi dropped his katana and ran to his wife, who had already been reached by Ren, who was already removing what looked like a dagger with his chakra.
 
The girl raised her hands right before her, and still smiling, and looked at the man closer to her.
 
“Goodnight” she hissed.
 
Her fists clutched, as if grabbing or squeezing something.
 
And suddenly, one by one, the remaining men fell silently to the floor.