Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 40. HANDS CLEAN ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

40. HANDS CLEAN
 
After they had come home from that dreadful mission, Asuka had tried her best to avoid any kind of living creature.
 
She didn't feel guilty, not at all, but still, killing all those men…well, it bothered. She didn't mean to, at the beginning. She just wanted to knock them out and…
 
Oh Asuka, be a realist. They were meant to kill all of you. They almost succeeded in killing Aya.
 
“Dirty hands are necessary, when you're a ninja. You can't escape that. You can only grow accustomed to that. You will learn, Asuka.”
 
This was what Isoshi-taichou had told her, when they were in Kiri's hospital, waiting for the medic nins to tell something about Aya's conditions.
 
If Ren hadn't been there, she wouldn't have survived. Thanks to him, she was not going to take a long time to fully recover. Asuka smiled when she heard that. Her cousin was always improving. She was sure he would equal Tsunade-sama, one day.
 
It rained.
 
No, it snowed.
 
Rain was so uncommon in Kiri.
 
Lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling the most miserable creature that had ever walked on earth, the girl noticed perfectly how useless and pathetic she was being.
 
She looked at her hands.
 
White.
 
Her hands had not been stained by the most part of men she had killed.
 
Ishigan.
 
...What, will these hands ne'er be clean?...
 
Her hands were clean.
 
...Here's the smell of the blood still; all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand...
 
She chuckled.
 
Now, it was not the act of killing itself that had bothered her. Kakashi and Itachi had taught her not to fear that more than necessary. This meant, she always had to have respect to the other's life, yes yes, the usual ethic stuff. Bullshit. She wished she could just kill shamelessly, like the strongest ninjas could. Like…
 
Orochimaru.