Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 12: Nostalgic Field ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: Nostalgic Field

`So I stand and look around

Distracted by the sounds

Of everyone and everything I see

And I search through every face

Without a single trace

Of the person, the person that I need…'

~ `Disappear', by Hoobastank

The scent of lilies still lingered in the air. She could not be far. Sasuke had to find Yuri. He needed to know some answers. He needed to know a few things before he can trust what he has heard. The mysterious ninja, Shirokage, Hyuuga Aikawa, the powers of Gemini…. What she had mentioned wasn't enough to satisfy his thirst of curiosity. He needed to know more.

Running through the flower fields as the dandelion seeds flew into the air. The wind was wild and wispy. Everything seemed to be like a dream. Yuri fell to her knees and lay down on a bed of flowers. Not many people knew of this place… the opened-space haven within the forest which overlooked the sea. Yuri enjoyed the view here. She had been here once when she was young. The scent of the sea brings back a nostalgic feeling. She sat up and gazed at the sea. She remembered a memory she will never forget. She saw her surrounding change into an antique colored movie. She was watching the sea with her brother. They were both playing in the flower field. Both of them were happy. The sun was shining brightly. They didn't have a single care on their mind. They were just children; forever young and happy. But they did not know that danger was near them. She saw a dark figure behind them and then…

Bang.

Blood gushed out.

There was immense sensation of pain that lingered.

A loud child-like scream echoed the air.

Yuri awoke from her dream. She felt sweat trickle down her face. It was as if the memory never left her side at all. It had been haunting her dreams for quite some time. She felt some what disturbed by the memory. The wind blew again but there was a gentle warmness in it. A shadow clouded her sunlight again.

Yuri sensed no danger. She felt some certain warmth she knew and loved once upon a time.

"Fancy meeting you here, my dear brother."

"Yuri… how long has it been?"

Yuri turned. It was a tall figure, with a fair-moonchild face a mother could love and radiant skin that will make Aphrodite jealous; dark raven hair tied neatly in a ponytail and eyes of green which changed from red to white once in a blink. Yuri's brother was someone which will make any girl flush with shame.

"Kaede… It's been a while. How are things getting along?"

Kaede smirked and then, sat down beside Yuri.

"Things are fine. I've calmed down a bit. But I know Gemini is reacting very actively inside you. I can feel the power."

"Are you still working for him?"

"Currently, I work for them. However, the other one detest the others' judgment. I guess that this fight will last a little longer."

Kaede turned Yuri's back towards him. He unzipped a little of Yuri's dress. He was astonished to find the result.

"Wow, it's been a long time and it seems that Gemini in you is starting to break out. The Seal of the Lily has grown a little bigger than last time. It has covered a quarter of your back."

"No wonder it was uncontrollable."

"Hang on, Yuri. I'm going to seal this."

"You can seal this?"

"Temporarily, yes," replied Kaede. "But it will soon break free. Your powers are uncontrollable. It will only be a matter of time before she breaks free."

Kaede formed a fast hand-seal and then, put his left hand on the black lily tattoo-like drawing that was growing on her back; concentrating his right hand to form one hand seals.

"Sogen Skill: Black Lily Sealing!"

There was a rush of chakra as Yuri tried to withstand the pain that was being driven into her body. Kaede focused hard and tried not to flinch. If anything goes wrong, Yuri might die from the overdose of chakra flowing into her body. The seal grew smaller and smaller and finally, became the size of a thumb. Kaede let go as Yuri fell to the ground, clenching the flowers. Kaede breathed hard, and then he smiled.

"That wasn't so bad, wasn't it?"

Yuri got up and zipped her dress back, she gave a sigh of relief and then replied, half-heartedly,

"Not unless you're the one who's getting the chakra flow in your body."

"You complain too much," Kaede commented. "No matter, what's done is done. I hope it'll remain normal for a while."

"What do you think is the cause of this? For 7 years, I haven't suffered any kind of attacks like this since the last time before I was sent to Hana."

"True," Kaede replied. "I will try to find out. It should remain stable for a few years. I'm sure there's something triggering it. I'll try to get the answer. In the meantime, don't do anything stupid to release it."

Kaede stood up and then, leapt away; leaving Yuri in a weak state. Her eyes were blurry and sight began to grow dimmer. She saw her vision falling down and then, the silence echoed in her ear.

`Yuri…Get up…'

`…….Yuri……… Wake up……'

(I don't want to get up… I want to sleep a little longer… Leave me alone…)

`Yuri… Please… Wake up…'

(Who are you? Why are you asking me to get up? ... Let me sleep…)

`Yuri… Wake up…'

"……You're so annoying…" she breathed out.

She opened her eyes. She saw a rather saddened but cold familiar face. She reached her hands out and touched his face.

"Sasuke-kun… Why are you so distressed?"

"I thought you were dead… You stopped breathing and I couldn't find any pulse… How? Why? How come? You shouldn't be alive..."

She smiled and replied, "So, you want me dead?"

"… No… I'm just shocked…"

She got up slowly and looked around. The sky was dark. Stars were painted on the sky and the Moon had awakened to watch over all. She touched her forehead and smiled, then turning to Sasuke.

"How long was I like that?'

"When I found you, it has been three hours. I thought you were goner…"

Yuri reached out to touch Sasuke's face. She had noticed he had tears in his eyes. She wiped the tears away and smiled.

"Why are you crying? I'm still here…"

He touched Yuri's hands and pulled her close to him. He held her tightly in his arms and stroked her hair softly. Yuri felt there was a different feeling in this embracement. Something warm, something different than last time. A gust of strong breeze leapt into the field and blew the flower petals, spreading it around. Her heart throbbed with excitement. What was this feeling? The flower petals glided in the air for a moment as the breeze tried to carry them as high as He could.

"Sasuke-kun… I'm still here…"

"Yuri-san… I'm just afraid…"

"Afraid? Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of losing someone close to me again…"

Yuri stroked Sasuke's hair. She knew that Sasuke had gone through a lot. Losing his family and not having anyone close to him around him anymore… That was Sasuke's biggest pain. That was the hardest ordeal he had to go through. She knew how it felt… to lose someone and trying to find someone or something to take away the pain and fill the emptiness deep inside.

"You're never going to lose me. I'll always be here for you. You have nothing to fear. You will never be alone again."

She felt Sasuke move back and then, he confronted her face to face. Yuri knew this was the Sasuke she once knew before. No… wait, she thought. He's no longer the Sasuke she knew before. He is a new Sasuke. He was already the man she acknowledged him to be. She felt his hand pull Yuri's face closer to his. Her eyes kept themselves closed as their lips met. A gentle breeze ran by, making the dandelions and flower petals glide higher. She felt as if time kept still as it happened. Her heart throbbed with excitement as everything happened.

"Sasuke-kun…" she breathed out as the moment stopped.

Sasuke turned away. He shook his head and then, got up. Yuri sensed there was something wrong with him. She got up, as their eyes looked away from each other.

"Let's go home, Sasuke…"

"Yeah…"

Yuri followed behind Sasuke as they walked away from the nostalgic field. Time can give itself away for a moment and then, take back the amount lost to keep the moment balanced. The magic of the night had disappeared.