Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 11: The Battle of the Beauties! For the One that I Like ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: The Battle of the Beauties! For the One that I Like

`She was standing there, by the pillar. That was the first time I noticed her. Hiding her modest face behind the shadows, I could tell from far that she was an angel in disguise. Her dark raven curls contrasting with her fair skin, her satin rose lips and her brown eyes; she was truly made from the Heavens. The music turned lively. She steps out into the open and began to dance. Each move she made it seem like she was floating on air. Her grace and elegance mesmerized the crowd. She was dancing alone, unlike the other girls but she was the snowy white dove among the dark crows who claim they were beauties. Oh, fib! That paint on their faces and the tight bodices along with their glittering jewelry can not compare to what she was. I decided to take the chance to know her… and at least, a chance to hold her…'

"WELCOME TO MISS KONOHA FINALS! I'm your host, Rock Lee, and here we are today to see who will win Miss Konoha!"

The crowd applauded. Bright spotlights shone everywhere. Rock Lee shot out his twinkling smile as he put his thumbs out.

"Before we get to the finalist, let's get to know our judges!"

The spotlight turned to Neji. He looked irritated by the light and fidgeted with his kunai. He hated these kinds of things, especially when they're not worth his time at all. Then, the spotlight turned to Shino, Naruto (who enjoyed it particularly) and Sasuke. The girls among the crowd were squealing with delight.

"Our first judge in today's contest is Last year's Number One Rookie, Hyuuga Neji! Followed by one of the most serious ninjas this year, Aburame Shino! Our third judge is no stranger, our very own Konoha Village misfit, Uzumaki Naruto! And last but not least, it's this year's Number One Rookie, Uchiha Sasuke! Give them an applause!"

All the girls squealed as confetti was burst open into the clear sky.

"We only chose 5 out of the 24 girls for the finals. They managed to make their way through the semi-finals withy ease," Rock Lee announced. "It was a tough decision but our pre-judges, Kakashi Sensae and Gai Sensae managed to pick the lucky girls! Let's introduce the finalists, shall we?"

Kakashi sighed. `It wasn't that difficult at all. We didn't even get to see the other 19 girls. I wonder, where did they go?'

He looked to his left. Gai Sensae seemed pretty pleased.

`I smell something fishy. I guess Gai Sensae must have a part in it.'

Gai Sensae turned and looked at Kakashi in surprise.

"What?"

"Nothing, Gai. Just good to see you on a fine day like this."

Gai Sensae turned away and in his thoughts,

`Kakashi, my arch rival in life, must've suspected something about it. Those 19 girls have been taken out by Tenten before they even got to the competition.' He gave a thumbs-up to Tenten, who was behind the curtain. Tenten gave a wink and ran back inside. Gai felt a cold stare behind him. Kakashi was still trying to read Gai.

"WHAT?"

"Let's begin the finals. The rules are simple," Rock Lee announced. "Each girl-shinobi has to fight each other out and the winner will be the one who manages to kick all her opponents, but only with using the special tools we've set for them!"

Sakura looked at her opponents. The Heart-to-heart specialist, Yamanaka Ino who was her rival-in-love; the Byakugan user, Hyuuga Hinata; the Ace of Perfect Shots, Tenten and Sasuke's fiancée who was another rival-in-love, Sogen Yuri. All of them have fought hard to reach this stage. She knew she had to do her best as well. She was getting a little nervous. Ino looked at her and gave an evil smirk.

`I'm not going to lose to Ino. Not ever!'

"And now, announcing the first round! The first fight between-"

There was a slight tense within the contestants. Yuri sighed. She wondered how she ever got caught up in this.

"…Haruno Sakura and Tenten!"

Sakura looked at Tenten. Tenten was a difficult opponent. She looked at the items given. Her eyes widened.

`These aren't ninja tools! These are girls' make-up tools! A face-brush, mascara, blusher, lipstick, and eyeliner! What kind of competition is this?! '

She saw Tenten pick up the blusher as her weapon. Sakura, with haste, picked up the eyeliner. The atmosphere was tense. Everyone had their eyes on the contest. Rock Lee looked around.

"Before the match starts, any contestant who wishes to leave now, now is the time to back out from the fight!"

There was silence in the air… until a voice was heard. Everyone gasped and whispered. Rock Lee's eyes grew larger (it couldn't get any bigger ^_^) as he saw the hand. All the judges were stunned too.

"I voluntarily quit from this match."

"Contestant Number 7, Sogen Yuri wants out! Is this your final decision?"

Yuri lifted her head and without hesitation, replied,

"Yes. This is my final decision."

Kakashi thought to himself, `Finally, someone who is a bit sensible…'

Yuri bowed to the judges and walked away from the stage. The scent of fresh white lilies aroused in the air. Everybody in the crowd began to whisper. Sasuke turned back as he watched her walk away.

`Yuri…'

Neji sighed and then, said, "Yuri was not in a good mood these days."

"What's wrong with her?"

"We're all not sure… but Yuri seems to be hiding her lately. I'm getting suspicious thoughts about her. Somehow, I'm beginning to have a feeling that the Mysterious Ninja has something to do with it."

Neji looked at Sasuke, then turned away, saying,

"You should do what you want to do…if you know what's best for you…"

Rock Lee cleared his voice as the whispers died away.

"And now, the match will begin! GO!"

Sakura and Tenten leaped swiftly to attack. Sakura's eyeliner smudged Tenten's elbow as Tenten painted Sakura's face all bright pink. The girls were swift and careful with their moves. The crowd was focused. There were cheers for each girl fighting. Sakura and Tenten stopped. Sakura had blusher all over her. Tenten had smudges on her.

"Oh, this seems to be a tough competition! Will there be a winner?"

Sakura carefully watched her opponent. She was trying to find a weak point. Tenten is one tough opponent and she has a lot of energy.

`There's got to be a weak point! I know there should be!'

Suddenly, she saw her chance.

"NOW!"

Sakura swiftly ran towards Tenten. She focused some chakra into her feet and then swiftly leapt behind Tenten. Sakura grinned. This was her victory…

"Take this!"

Sakura made her point to hit Tenten's head. All seemed well until-

"Wh-?"

Sakura was too late. Tenten had already somersault to the front before she could hit her. Sakura's eyeliner jammed to the floor. Her chakra had pushed the eyeliner to the stage floor.

"SHIT!"

She couldn't pull her weapon out. Tenten smirked and leapt in the air, throwing the blusher stick at Sakura's head. The blusher was too fast for Sakura. Sakura was hit. The amount of force that Tenten had placed into the blusher was enough to knock Sakura out. Sakura fell unconscious on the floor. Rock Lee rushed to Sakura and bent down, checking Sakura.

"Haruno Sakura is out! The first match is won by Tenten!"

The crowd applauded as the medical team took Sakura away. Rock Lee sighed at Sakura's fate and then, turned to announce,

"Now, our second match! Yamanaka Ino versus Hyuuga Hinata!"

Ino gave a haughty laugh.

"I'll win this match, unlike Sakura. Too bad, Sakura… Sasuke is-"

Her eyes were shocked. Where was Sasuke? She knew she saw him a minute ago.

"Where did Sasuke-kun go?"

Neji smirked and then replied,

"Sasuke used Bunshin no Jutsu if you had watched carefully. He was already gone when Sakura's match started. You had been fooled. The Sasuke you see is a decoy."

The crowd gasped. Rock lee commentated,

"OH MI GOSH! Our judge Sasuke is missing! This is a conspiracy! Where has Sasuke gone?"

The crowd began to whisper again. Ino fainted on the floor. Rock Lee yelled again,

"Oh, Ino is out! What has the world gotten into?"

Kakashi sighed at this ridiculous act.

`Seriously, this is going nowhere.'