Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 10: Miss Konoha Contest! Who will win? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Miss Konoha Contest! Who will win?

"The fight was on. I had to battle it out between my rival. It's man on man. I am determined to win this fight. If I lose, what will she think of me? I can't imagine her leaving for anyone else… I must win… for the sake of my beloved…"

Confetti burst open, creating a bright shower of rain in the air. A promoter was screaming his lungs out on the microphone. There was a queue of girls there; pushing each other to see what was happening. Sakura was there. She heard the announcement by the promoter. She laughed as she was given a pamphlet.

"Miss Konoha Contest? This is totally ridiculous! It's only a waste of time. No use wasting my time on this kind of thing. I have better things to do… especially seeing Sasuke-kun!"

"Seeing Sasuke-kun? Dream on, Sakura-san!"

Sakura turned to her right. It was the voice she hated to hear first thing in the morning. Her ultimate rival in love, Yamanaka Ino was standing there, smirking.

"Oh, Ino! I didn't notice you at all. You must be getting too translucent."

"Stop crapping. I bet you're just chicken to join this contest."

"Me? Ino-san, you're mistaken! I'm afraid that my beauty is too good for this lame contest. I got better tings to do, like looking for Sasuke-kun."

Ino chuckled at Sakura's answer. Sakura didn't like the tone of her laugh.

"Sakura, you're so naïve! IF YOU MUST KNOW, Sasuke is ONE of the JUDGES in the contest. And if you win, you get to win a date with him!"

"NO WAY!"

Sakura looked at her pamphlet again. It was stated at the very bottom end of the pamphlet. The judges were Sasuke, Neji, Naruto and Shino. And the prize was a date with any of the judges you like. Sakura began fantasizing.

`Sasuke-kun, have some of this piece of sandwich I made…'

`Sakura, it tastes good!'

`Really? I'm glad you like it.'

`Sakura-san, you'd really make a good wife…'

`Oh, Sasuke… Stop teasing me!'

Sakura squealed in delight. She turned to Ino, filled with confidence and declared,

"You're on, Ino! Winner takes all, loser forgets about Sasuke forever!"

Not far, Hyuuga Hinata was watching them. She looked at the pamphlet that she was given. She blushed as she saw the names of the judges.

"Naruto-kun…"

"It's so obvious that Miss Konoha will be Tenten!"

Sakura and Ino stopped fighting. Tenten, Yuri and Neji had arrived on the spot. Hinata ran off in a different direction as she saw Neji. Neji snorted in arrogance as he watched the three girls fight.

"This is totally ridiculous," Neji commented.

"Neji-kun, don't be a spoilsport. Remember, you're one of the judges as well."

Tenten pointed her finger at the two girls and announced,

"I WILL WIN MISS KONOHA! So girls, give it up while you have the chance."

`No way! I'll be the winner!" both of the girls cried simultaneously.

The three of them glared at each other and raced to the counter at top speed. Neji sighed as Yuri laughed at the three of them bickering.

"Yuri-san…"

Yuri turned behind her. It was Sasuke, who just arrived to the scene.

"Oh, it's you, Sasuke-kun! What are you doing here? "

"Nothing… I'm one of the judges for this stupid contest."

Neji snorted and then added, "Unlikely for the Uchiha boy."

"Well, if it isn't the number #1 rookie last year! I didn't even notice you were here. Are you getting less visible each day?"

"Why you little-"

"Neji, Sasuke! Enough from both of you! I don't want to hear any of you quarreling over something as stupid as that."

Neji snorted and leaned against the nearest wall. Yuri sighed at Neji. He's so hopeless. He's always looking for trouble with Sasuke.

"So, what are you doing here in the first place, Yuri?"

"Oh, me? Neji's my escort so I'm supposed to follow him. I'm not here for anything else, really…"

"Hey, you! The girl with the white dress! The one they call Yuri!"

Ino pointed at Yuri's face. Yuri stumbled behind a little and nearly lost her balance as Sasuke held her back. Ino's face turned green.

"I challenge you to Miss Konoha as well!"

"W-What?"

"You heard me. I know you're Sasuke's so-called childhood sweetheart. I'm challenging you to see who'll win in this battle."

"S-so called childhood sweetheart? B-but…"

"If Miss Yuri doesn't want to enter, just leave her alone, you ugly pug," Neji warned Ino sternly.

"Ugly pug?!"

Ino's temper rose. Yuri picked herself up again as she looked at her. Sakura entered and commented,

"Ino, leave Yuri alone. This has nothing to do with her."

"No, that's where you're wrong, Sakura-san! If you didn't see it just now, Sasuke caught her before she fell behind!"

"It was quick reflex. Yuri is my childhood friend," Sasuke replied.

Sakura looked at Ino. She was a little skeptical about Ino's character. Ino isn't just going to give up on Yuri just like that. She could tell by Ino's eyes that she was serious. Yuri sighed and then, replied,

"I don't feel like entering. Besides, I'm not a citizen of Konoha."

"It doesn't matter. The contest is open to all."

Neji glared again at Ino, "If she refuses, leave her alone, Ino."

Ino chuckled and looked at Neji maliciously,

"So, she's your girlfriend as well?"

"N-No, I'm not! Stop saying such stupid things!" Yuri protested.

Tenten joined in and pulled Yuri away into another corner. The others watched them from afar.

"Yuri-san, this is a great chance for you to show your ability to Sasuke! Flaunt to the other girls! Mark your territory that Sasuke is yours! Heck, you can kick that ugly Princess' ass if you ask me!"

"W-what are you saying? That's outrageous! Sasuke has nothing to do with me! Besides, I don't feel like entering the contest…"

"Tenten, leave Yuri alone! Stop pestering her," Neji said.

"It has nothing to do with you anyway, Neji-kun!"

Ino snapped back angrily, "So, you mean it has something to do with Sasuke?"

Yuri was already frustrated at the whole situation. She shook her head as Ino and Tenten argued.

"No, I REFUSE TO ENTER THE CONTEST! Please…'

Her voice was drowned away by Ino and Tenten's voice. Sasuke thought that this was all so hopeless. Neji sighed. Sakura tried to calm them down. The situation began to get out of hand when suddenly,

"…… excuse me……"

Everybody turned to the timid voice. It was Hinata, who was playing with fingers nervously. Everybody's attention turned to Hinata. Neji said,

"Hinata-sama, what are you doing here?"

"Neji-nii-san, I signed Yuri up for the contest… I wanted the fight to end…"

"W-what?" Yuri cried in outrage.

Everybody looked in disbelief. Yuri smacked her forehead as Tenten whispered to her,

"Good chance!"