Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 9: Sasuke’s Feelings: Part 2: The Forbidden Result ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Sasuke's Feelings: Part 2: The Forbidden Result

"We knew this would cost us our lives. We ran like the wind, as if there was no tomorrow. Would there be us tomorrow, I often wonder? It was as if we were Romeo and Juliet: we were meant to put our lives on stake for this. I, a lowly servant-boy; was running away with her, a well-respected high priestess of the temple. It's like a fairytale. It's like, the story where two people falling in love running away to find a happier land without a single worry on their mind. No, wait… Not a happier land. I have no idea where we're headed to. It doesn't matter anyway. After all, as long as she's with me; I need not to worry. We'll go wherever our feet can take us, as long as it is far away from them…"

"Gai Sensei… it's almost noon. Yuri's not out of her room. Shall I check on her?"

Gai Sensei shut his book. Something felt amiss today. It's not like Yuri to lock herself up the whole day in the room. He nodded to Tenten's request as he, too was worried for her.

"Yuri-san, are you alright in there?"

"I'm fine, Tenten."

"Aren't you gonna come out for lunch?"

"No thanks. I'd just like you to pass this letter to Sasuke."

Yuri slipped a letter under the door as Tenten reached for it. She hoped it will reach Sasuke as soon as possible. She heard Tenten leave the place. Yuri looked in the mirror. Her eyes had not changed at all. It had been there since last night. Yuri wished it would go away.

`A knock on the door… What now? It better not be Sakura… or Ino…'

Sasuke groaned as he got up. He walked to the door and opened it. His guess was wrong. It was Tenten.

"What do YOU want?"

"Don't be rude. I just came here to pass you a letter from Yuri," she replied.

Sasuke opened the letter and had a quick read-through. Then, he threw the paper and then a kunai, pinning it to the wall. He turned back to Tenten, who was still waiting there.

"How is she?"

"She didn't come out of the room the whole day. We're all getting worried. Is there something wrong with her? Do you know what's happening to her?"

Sasuke paused a moment, then answering, "I simply have no idea."

"Then, what was the letter for?"

"It's nothing. She was just sending her regards to me."

"You're lying. If she was, you wouldn't be frustrated."

"I'm not frustrated. Thank you for your concern. Now, please leave."

Sasuke shut the door behind him. He could hear an angry Tenten cursing behind him. He looked at the letter again and then, slumped down on his bed again.

`Yuri… what's happening to you? I don't understand any of this…. Most importantly, what's happening to me?'

He sat there, thinking in revered silence, waiting for the moment to pass him by.

The sun has fallen. Blue and grey clouds painted the night and there was not a single soul or star to be seen. Sasuke was waiting by the bridge once more.

`Of all places, she had to choose here! This is one of the most dangerous places in the village. Who knows what ninjas are hiding in the forest right now?'

Sasuke turned to his left to the sound of footsteps. It was coming from the forest. Sasuke took out his kunai for protection. He was ready to attack whatever that was coming from there. Runaway ninja? No, the noise seemed too large for any runaway ninja. Besides, runaway ninjas are always silent. Maybe it was wild animal. Whatever it was, Sasuke equipped himself. He felt sweat trickle down his face. The noise was coming closer and closer. He could see something in white. It didn't seem like an animal or ninja. It finally came before him and stopped. There was a 15 meter distance between them. Sasuke dropped his guard.

"Yuri… What the heck are you doing in the forest in the middle of the night? Don't you know it is dangerous to go picking flowers in the dark?"

Yuri, holding her basket tightly, replied,

"This was the only time I could go without anybody seeing me."

She walked a little and then ran; dropping her basket behind her. She rushed into Sasuke's arms and held his shirt tightly. She was still quivering. He could feel her hand tremble as she clenched his shirt. Undecided what to do, he put his hand on her head to comfort her.

"Sasuke… I've been afraid…"

"Of what?" he asked.

"Myself. The monster you see before your eyes."

Sasuke felt her let go. He looked into her eyes. It was still blue and green. She sunk to her knees as she turned away from Sasuke's gaze.

"Don't look at me, Sasuke. I'm what you call a result of both bloodlines; creating a forbidden bloodline."

"What is the meaning of this? I don't understand. If your eyes were like Sharingan or Byakugan, I would've understood. But this was from normal brown to two different iris colors. When you said Forbidden Bloodline, do you mean your eyes have their own powers as well?"

Yuri bit her lip. She wished she did not have to answer any of this.

"Sasuke, I am a result of what Byakugan and Sharingan combine together. There is no specific name for it. However, my brother and I dubbed it as Gemini."

"Gemini… Why Gemini?"

"Gemini is one of the special powers derived from the eyes. My brother too, has Gemini. Only that he can control it well. I couldn't. Gemini is like a double edge sword. Half of its powers will help you; another destroys you. My left eye; the green eye is my power… my strength… my evil side. My right eye; the blue eye is my blessing… my healer… my good side. It's like the sapphire and emerald rings. The balance between good and evil… is like what you said. I can't control it."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"Here… I'll show you…"

She picked up a flower from the ground. She held it in her hand. Suddenly, the flower shriveled into a black stem and then, became dust. Sasuke's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he saw. Then, he saw Yuri collect the dust and enclosed it inside her palm. She held it tightly for a moment, and then opening her hand, releasing a dove from her hand. Sasuke was astonished. This wasn't some magic trick. It was like watching life be reborn again into a different item. He looked at her as Yuri bit her lip.

"This was why Father locked me up in Hana. He was afraid of my uncontrollable powers. He was afraid I would use it against him. I was forced to live alone on my own for so long. I was shunned. I was thought to be an evil. I didn't come out. I was afraid of hurting others… Tell me, what did I do to deserve this horrific pain?"

Yuri began to cry. Rain began to fall simultaneously. Sasuke was going to run for shelter but Yuri did not budge. The rain hit harder. Sasuke bent down and held Yuri's shoulders. She shook him off.

"Sasuke, you should go. You should not come near me. I'm afraid that you'll get hurt… Please…"

"I'm not going to leave you out here in the rain! Come on!"

Sasuke tugged her hand and they ran under the nearest shelter. It was an abandoned hut. Sasuke knew it very well as he once practiced in here for his exam. He opened the door and led Yuri in.

"Yuri, are you okay?"

She nodded to his reply. He looked around for a switch.

`The light bulb's got to be here somewhere…. Aha! There you go.'

He pulled the switch. The light brightened the darkness a little. Yuri was sitting at the side, covering her face. She was still upset over the matter. He walked towards her and looked at her.

"Your father was wrong to leave you like that. Your powers don't really cause any pain. See? I'm still standing here."

Sasuke felt her hand slip into his hand. He could feel the warmness from her hand. He shook her hand, to convince her.

"See? It's okay…"

Yuri looked up and turned. Sasuke noticed something different. Yuri had returned back to normal. Her eyes were brown once more again.

"You're back to normal."

The sparkle in her eyes relived once more. She wiped the tears away and smiled. She was glad the powers were gone for now. She held Sasuke tightly. He felt his heart beat faster. He flushed.

"Err… Yuri, you can let go of me… Yuri? Hey!"