Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 14: And Her World Collapses… ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14: And Her World Collapses…

`You were everything

Everything that I wanted

We were meant to be

Supposed to be

But we lost it

All the memories

So close to me

Just fades away

All this time you were pretending

So much for my happy ending…'

~ `My Happy Ending', Avril Lavigne

Her eye focused on him. His movements were slightly different. He was the last to leave the table and he's still not finished with his meal. It was as if… he was thinking something long and hard. Sakura sighed. Sasuke really changed… ever since this morning. From what she heard from Tenten, Yuri and him weren't on talking terms but just a moment ago she saw Yuri walking back home with Sasuke. Something was really fishy and she just had to find out.

The last grain of rice was gone into the dark abyss of Sasuke's mouth. He finally moves away from his chair and walks out of the living room. It's already been an hour and finally he leaves the table. He walks into the balcony and gazes at the stars.

Sakura knew this was the time.

She decides to settle this once and for all.

She had to know everything.

Her hand clasped tightly shut and her eyes burn with determination.

She walked to the balcony as Kakashi and Naruto watched her.

There he stood, holding the balcony rails, gazing at the celestial stars. His eyes had a different glow and he had a faint smile on his face. He rarely smiled. This was awkward for Sakura as she never seen him smile like this.

"Sasuke-kun…"

"Yes, Sakura? What's on your mind?"

"…"

He never answers like that. He usually gives the usual snort or the cool tone. This answer had softened down a little and it felt a little friendlier.

"You're pretty weird tonight…"

"Really?" he asked. "I never noticed. What's wrong?"

"Are… you really THE SASUKE??"

"Do I need to prove it to you?"

His curse peeked out from his collar and Sakura sighed in relief. That was confirmed alright. It's Sasuke, no matter how you look at him.

"… Is there something wrong with you?"

"There's nothing wrong with me… Why are you acting so weird?"

"…Well, you seem slightly friendly today…"

Sasuke turned away from Sakura and gazed at the stars. Sakura watched his face expression. He wasn't angry or disturbed. He was just plain calm, as if everything was just like normal. TOO NORMAL…

"… Sasuke-kun, did anything happen to you today?"

"For instance…?"

"Well… maybe Yuri has a part in it…" she replied.

Sakura quickly shook her head. Was that the wrong word to say? She was waiting to see Sasuke's expression change but he still remained calm. He sighed.

"When I was a kid, Yuri was like the closest family I had. For the one month stay at my house, I felt glad. Yuri was always to watch over me. She always had that smile on her face. That kept me on for a few years…. All those happy moments I had with her were the happiest memories I was left only with…."

"Closest family…"

"… And I made her cry again today. The vision of a happy Yuri vanished from my mind. I knew that she, too was suffering inside but she managed to hide it all so perfectly. But the pure innocent kiss I stole from Yuri-"

"KISS?"

Sakura was shocked. Never in her life could she imagine Sasuke, the coldest man she has ever known her whole life, kissing a girl! Her feelings were crushed.

"… So, does that mean… you and Yuri are an item?"

"… Yeah…"

Sakura felt her whole world fall apart. After all this time trying to Sasuke's attention and in the end, he loves someone else. It was all too much to take. She smacks her forehead and tried pinching herself.

"Sasuke… is this all a dream?"

"No, it isn't. It's true."

Sakura stopped and sighed. She pulled herself together and exhaled. Her emerald eyes stared at Sasuke's and she smiled.

"Good for you… I'm happy for you…"

"Thank you, Sakura-san…"

Sakura backed away from the balcony and then, ran off. Kakashi and Naruto watched her run off. Sasuke didn't budge. Kakashi shook his head and looked into his book again.

`Girls at her age don't understand how changes in life affect everything around them. Poor girl…'

"Hey, Kakashi Sensae, what's wrong with Sakura?"

"Hmm… You can put it in a term that she's heartbroken…"

"HEARTBROKEN?? Over HIM?!"

Kakashi sighed. "Well, it's a long story…"

In her room, Sakura flings herself onto her bed. Her eyes watered with sadness as she had to chew on the fact that Sasuke has given her. For Sakura, the night was going to be long and cold with bitter sorrow…