Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 19: Chapter 19: You Who Is the Mirror of the Sun ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: You Who Is the Mirror of the Sun
 
`Her face is a reflection,
The Beautiful Moon
Envies her eternal light.'
 
~Anonymous~
 
 
“…The Red Ninja…”
 
They felt the sweat trickle down their face. Sasuke could not see how she looked like. He could only see her back, facing them. The tinkling bell once again echoed in suspended time. Yuri formed a few seals.
 
`It'll buy me time… at least… I---'
 
Suddenly, something grabbed Yuri by the hand. Her whole body became paralyzed with fear. It was as if something with a powerful force was controlling her. The Red Ninja walked away slowly.
 
“WAIT~!”
 
Sasuke's voice echoed throughout the empty fields. The Red figure halted in her steps. Sasuke could feel the density of her urge of him to stay away. Nonetheless, Sasuke persisted. He walked a step forward. He could sense that she was alerted by his movements.
 
“I know you…. I know you from long before… but I can't remember your name.”
 
The Red Ninja bowed her head, as if to nod to what Sasuke had just said. The tinkling of the bell was heard once more in the silence. Sasuke reached out his hand towards the Red Ninja. Sensing his approach which seemed so near, yet he was so far; The Red Ninja bent down, holding herself tightly. Sasuke bit his lip. He sensed her fear.
 
“Just… tell me who you are…”
 
The Red Ninja shook her head, followed by a rattling of a bell. She got up slowly, and walked a little further. Sasuke could not make out of anything except her red robe. Then, he saw the Ninja removing her hood. Her long dark brunette hair emerged from behind her hood and from far, he could notice that she had some kind of purple earpiece on her right ear, where the bell was always heard from. He could not make of her face but he could tell that she was a very young youth by first glance. She was looking at Sasuke and then, she bowed once more.
 
“… You were the girl from the rain 4 years ago, weren't you?”
 
“ … … … …”
 
“Ojou-sama, there you are!”
 
Sasuke gave a sigh of disappointment. It was none other than Haruko, the White Ninja he met just now. The Red Ninja quickly covered her hair once more with the hood. Haruko took her by the hand, tugging her tightly.
 
“Wait, at least, answer my question!” Sasuke cried.
 
“I'm sorry but Ojou-sama is not obliged to answer that question,” Haruko sternly answered.
 
“I need to know! Were you that very girl in the rain from 4 years ago?”
 
Yuri looked at Sasuke. It seemed that he was more concerned of getting his answers about her, rather than save themselves from the situation. Sasuke was not going to give up his fight until he finds out about her, no matter what happens.
 
Haruko looked at the Red Ninja as she meekly bowed her head. Haruko sighed in disappointment.
 
“He is not who you think he is, Ojou-sama! He is not the same like him. They're both two different people! Ojou-sama, please… listen. For your own sake, stay away from these people!”
 
The Red Ninja shook her head, in hesitation. Sasuke knew there was something strange going on which connects him to her. He felt as if there was a very thin invisible rope which is holding them together very firmly. Sensing danger, Haruko roughly tugged the Red Ninja with her.
 
“Let us leave, Ojou-sama. Tsunade-sama is waiting for you.”
 
“…”
 
“You were… the girl from the rain, weren't you? The exact feeling… I feel now is the exact feeling back then. You were the one who was with that man that night…. I--”
 
“That's enough! Please leave Ojou-sama alone!”
 
Sasuke looked at them both. The Red Ninja was trembling slightly. He could tell by the way her hand shook when she held on to Haruko. He could hear her breathing rapidly. Sasuke felt a paralyzing fear when she turned to gaze at him. He could notice something awkward about her eyes.
 
`What is that strange power? Is this her power? No… It's coming from those eyes of hers…'
 
“Ojou-sama, please don't kill him!”
 
Haruko covered the Red Ninja's eyes and stroked her head. A cold breeze blew by. Yuri could feel a faint taste of tears. She quickly turned to the Red Ninja.
 
`Was she…crying?'
 
The wind grew stronger as lavender petals flew in the air. Sasuke felt his body revived again. He wanted to move towards the both of them when he was held back by Yuri's firm grip. She shook her head as her grip tightened. Sasuke could feel that Yuri was a bit worried about the whole matter. Their attention span for each other stopped when they heard something hit the ground with a loud bump and the cries of a frantic woman.
 
“Ojou-sama---“
 
“Step aside, Haruko!” a voice commanded from behind.
 
Tsunade, Shizune and Kakashi had arrived to the scene. With no time to waste, Tsunade quickly ran to where the Red Ninja had collapsed. She checked for pulse and looked for any weird changes. Her expression was grim as she checked the Red Ninja. Sasuke could tell on Kakashi's and Shizune's faces that anxiety has befallen upon them.
 
“Kakashi, Shizune, Haruko! Help me here. Let us take her to the Medical Hospital. There's no time to lose! If I had known her condition was this bad…”
 
“I understand, Tsunade-sama!”
 
Kakashi and Shizune helped the fallen and leapt away. Knowing that the only answer to all his questions is getting away, Sasuke ran after them. Tsunade noticed and quickly raised her hand out to avoid Sasuke from passing through. He halted in his steps and spat in disappointment.
 
“You should know where your limit stand, young man.”
 
“Sometimes, you've got to breach your own limits to get some answers.”
 
“You must not go anywhere near her. You will die if you do so. Don't you value your life? Don't you value her concern? Don't you value the people around you?”
 
“If it's anything to do with him, I'm willing to risk it all!”
 
Yuri felt that she was unimportant. She knew deep in her heart that Sasuke put vengeance completely as his number one in his life. She knew she'd always be second. She expected that result in any other case. Sasuke's heart was not fully opened. The darkness and sadness in his hearts has not vanquished because of her appearance in his life. She knew that she played a less important role in his life.
 
“Uchiha Sasuke, do you really want to meet her that badly?”
 
“… You need not ask of the question. You already know what I want.”
 
Tsunade gave an evil smirk and said,
“Very well, then you must do this for me.”
 
 
A sudden cold wind blew through the window. Neji felt the freshly brewed green tea turn cold. Tenten looked at the cup, took the cup from him and then, took a spoon to stir the green tea. She gave an agonized and shocked look. Neji felt something was amiss.
 
“What's wrong, Tenten?”
 
Tenten held out the spoon. There were pieces of thin ice in the drink.
 
`There's something wrong with the atmosphere. I was very sure that the tea was brewed a few minutes ago. How can it just have a thin layer of ice over the liquid? The atmosphere couldn't have dropped so low until…'
 
“Neji…”
 
Neji noticed that their breaths were visible. Something was wrong with the weather. He felt that something which will threaten the village's safety has arrived at the place. He began to have thoughts of the person who attacked him a few days ago. Suddenly, he felt some warmth entered the atmosphere. The warmth somewhat made him feel alive. The withered lilies from two days ago in the vase began to blossom once more, as if it was reborn once again. The cup in Tenten's hand cracked due to the drastic change of cold to heat. Tenten quickly put the cut away just in time before the cup cracked and the green tea dripped down the table once more. Neji felt that these supernatural incidents were not just mere coincidences. He felt that it was more than that. He felt as if there was something else which arrived in Konoha who came to get rid of the evil. He felt that a savior has finally arrived.
 
 
“Sasuke, if you want to see her so badly…”
 
Sasuke waited for Tsunade's challenge. He knew that it wouldn't be easy but for the sake of meeting her, he would do anything. He stared deep into Tsunade's eyes, with the fiery glow of determination in them.
 
“… You'll have to kill Shirokage.”
 
Those words petrified the two youths. Kill the Shirokage? Sasuke glanced at Yuri, who looked as if she had just seen a ghost. He cried,
“That's absurd! You don't expect me to kill the Shirokage, do you?”
 
“Do I look as if I'm joking with you, boy?”
 
The atmosphere suddenly turned all cold and silent. Sasuke knew that he was at loss. To assassinate a High-Class Ninja like the Hokage himself will be a difficult task. He knew he could not do it alone. He glanced at Yuri once more. She seemed frightened at the utter of Shirokage's name. Her body was shaking and her eyes began to show signs of fear.
 
“We've received a war letter by the Shirokage who plans to cut off our peace treaty between Konoha Village and them. It seems that Shirokage has sent a bounty for both the head of his children, Sogen Yuri and Sogen Kaede. Since we're keeping Yuri in our village, we have no intentions of handing them over. Therefore, as you can see all the mess we've landed ourselves upon.”
 
“… The Shirokage…”
 
“This is one of the reasons why we summoned back the Red Ninja, one of the protectors of Konoha Village, which has an even higher rank than those you call as Sannin… perhaps even higher than a Hokage himself.”
 
“But why assassinate the Shirokage?”
 
“The Shirokage plans to launch an attack on Konoha Village which may cause the biggest massacre ever in history. It's not that Konoha is weak or anything, but Shirokage's power is far more powerful than all of the powers of Konoha Village combined. His powers are far imaginably powerful. You can see it for yourself. Look at Yuri! See how she is trembling at the utter of just his name? That's how much fear he possesses.”
 
Sasuke knew that Tsunade was right. This was a task that was even tougher than the fight that happened in the Wave Country. He felt the pressure on him was more than what he could handle.
Tsunade turned her back on Sasuke and walked a few steps.
“So, do you want to or do you not?”
 
“You can't force Sasuke! You know that he's no match for my father! Sasuke-kun will only—“
 
“It's enough, Yuri.”
 
“Sasuke-kun…”
 
Yuri saw Sasuke clench his fist tightly, wrinkling his shirt by the force of his grip. She knew he had already made a choice. She already feared that this would happen. Tsunade noticed the different glow in his eyes and gave a haughty confident snort as Sasuke looked her in the eyes, replying,
 
“I accept your offer. When do I begin?”
 
Author's Note: Hey everyone. I have to put up this earlier notice that the next chapter might not arrive next week. It'll be posted in the following week. Hope this will keep guys in your seats for a while. Watch out for Chapter 20: The Assassin and the Queen of Hearts
 
~Surreptitious_masamune13~