Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ World Collision ❯ questions answered ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Here's a long chapter, yay! I actually thought that this would turn out short, but I had to stop myself from making it to long compared to all of my other stuff! I hope you enjoy~!
 
~Liliedove
 
 
Three days had passed in a flash, and Deidara along with Jessica was waiting for Sasori to get back with news from his spy. As boring as randomly walking around town for no reason what so ever, or waiting for her master to finish bathing in the hot springs, Jessica wasn't bothered much. Now that it had been a week since she appeared in that world, she had started to settle the idea of living there in her mind. Of course though, she didn't doubt that God would take her home again the moment he wanted her to. She had decided that God had sent her to that place for a reason, whether she'd ever figure it out or not. That didn't change the fact that she desired to be with her family, but she tried not to complain to him about it anymore.
 
“Isn't there anything to do around here?” She asked herself as she stared out the great window before her. “It isn't as if there's anything entertaining in the room, and I didn't see anything interesting around the inn for the areas I've been in… Though I haven't seen all of it; I only saw the front room and wondered down a few hall ways.”
 
An idea then sprang into her mind. While Deidara was having a good time in the hot springs without her, not that she would go into the same one as him, she would explore the inn! It had to have a bit more to it than hallways, rooms, and springs. Even if that were so, just searching for the door to get out to the hot springs could be a challenge to her. So, why not keep her self busy? She wasn't a little child who couldn't take care of herself! Jessica did consider that Deidara might get mad at her if he figured out that she left the room, but she could make it back in time couldn't she?
 
Deciding to put this plan into action, she scanned the outside area with her eyes to see if she could find her master, she came out with a negative as a small smile appeared on her face. With a mind of sneakiness, she quickly skipped over to the door with long strides. Even if she did get caught, who cares? She could tell that this could be fun; trying to explore an area without being caught. It was like playing hide-and-go-seek tag, only on a much, much larger scale. Silently slipping out of the room, she looked both ways before placing her feet on the wooden boards of the floor.
 
“Alright, here I go!” She said to herself as her heart started to race. Turning to the left, she quickly walked down the hall as she glanced from side to side. Of course, there wasn't anything interesting in the hall there. Besides walls and doors, there wasn't anything different to look at. Down that hall though, something had caught her eye. There was a coffee table with a beautiful red clay vase on it, and on either side of it were winding stairs.
 
Looking back and forth between the two choices, she nodded her head to her self as she picked the one on the right. Walking up two stairs at a time, she quickly reached the top. There was an open room, which was like a lounge, with four hall ways built off of it. On either side of the building, there were large windows that stretched across the whole wall. As she plopped down on a couch in the middle of the room, her shoulders stiffened as she heard a man's voice.
 
“So how is your day?” He asked as Jessica's body froze. Looking at the man, she clamed down a little when he didn't look that threatening to her; he was a tall and very slender man who wore round glasses. He gave her the impression that he was one of those book worm type men.
 
“Oh, it's been pretty good.” She replied, hoping that he wouldn't speak to her anymore. Of course, as she suspected, he dragged the conversation on passed the greeting.
 
“An ordinary day for you in other words,” he said as he sat on the long couch that was to her right. Sinking into the overstuffed cushions, she nodded her head.
 
“Ya, I guess you could say that.” After a few seconds of silence, the man, who must have been in his early twenties at the most, smiled at her as he set down the book he had been reading and stretched out his hand to her.
 
“I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Akiyama Akira.” He stated as the girl slowly shook his hand as she gave him a weak smile while trying to mask her nervousness.
 
“I'm Jessica Roans, nice to meet you.” She replied as their hands separated. The man then gave a thoughtful look as he was trying to figure something out in his mind.
 
“You're not from around here, are you? I mean, not anywhere close to here. Your name doesn't sound very Japanese to me. Did you come from over seas?”
 
Looking at her toes for a moment, she wondered if she should tell this man anything about herself. She didn't know him, but he had one of those faces that make you want to trust them. Perhaps she could tell him a few things, just not about what had happened to her over the past week… As long as she didn't say anything about what had happened to her in the past week.
 
“I guess you can say that.” She answered as she held her hands in one another. “I haven't been here real long though, but I understand how to get around the place.”
 
“Interesting; your features don't look very Japanese either. There are many girls with the same hair color and style as you, even your eye color, but I haven't seen any with the same skin tone or eye shape. If you just came over, I must compliment you; you sound as if Japanese were your first language.”
 
Jessica's eyes then grew a bit as she became puzzled. She couldn't possibly be in Japan, let alone speak its language! For one thing, she knew that no Asian person she knew of had any natural hair color besides black or dark brown. Even this man before her, had blond hair like Deidara's. The only thing that would ever convince her that this was some sort of a Japanese place was how the people's eyes were more slanted then hers, and the writings everywhere had looked Chinese in her eyes. Of course, she hadn't learn any foreign language besides Spanish, which she hadn't even finished learning. How would she be able to guess what country used the writing?
 
“Thank you,” she said hesitantly as she tried sorting things out in her mind. Perhaps this wasn't the Japan she was thinking of. Perhaps, this was in some sort of parallel universe; why would people be wearing the things they were here in modern Japan? God had made millions of universes, so why could this place be in a different one? Besides that, how would Naruto characters get mixed in if she were on Earth?
 
“Is there anything you need to know that I can help you with?” He asked after silence had fallen for about a minute. Jessica thought for a moment, and was about to say no when something popped into her mind. Something, which she had been dying to figure out it's meaning up till now.
 
 
“What does Omae mean?” She asked blankly. The young man then blinked a few times as he shrugged his head back; he must not have expected her to ask such a question.
 
“I'd think you'd know if you've studied our language. It's a rude way of saying `you'. Did you hear someone call you this?” He replied as he turned is head to the side. Without any words, the girl replied with a rather annoyed look on her face. Sighing, she gave him the signal to drop the subject as she thought of my questions to ask.
 
“I have one other question; let's say I knew a guy who told me his name was Deidara-sama. But then, others call him by a name that's a bit different, Deidara-san. Is there anything significant about that?”
 
The man then shook his head as a frown formed on his face. “Didn't you learn about `honorifics'?” He asked as he looked up at the girl. As she shook her head slowly, he continued to explain it to the ignorant girl. “Here in Japan, we have different respectful or not so respectful endings we place after our names. An example is that I'd call you Roans-san and you'd call me Akiyama-san. Though you said Jessica first, I'm guessing from the sound of your name that Roans is your last name, and Jessica is your first name; am I right? Because I just met you and we're on equal grounds, I'd call you Roans-san, showing that I respect you as an equal. If I knew you since child hood, I might call you Jessica-chan, and you might call me Akira-kun. If, lets say I were your master, you'd most likely call me Akiyama-sama or perhaps even Akira-sama if I were fond of you. I'm afraid this Deidara-sama as you call him, has tricked you so everyone would think that you were under his authority. Judging by how he did this, I'd suggest that you stay away form him.”
 
“I'm still rather confused, but I think I get the basic meaning of all of it. Thanks for telling me this; I was very confused.” After a few moments, Jessica's eyes grew wide as she quickly stood to her feet. “I'm sorry, but I'm late for something. It was nice to meet you.” She stated as she ran towards the stairs. The young man had said something, probably some sort of a goodbye, but she couldn't hear him. She was too worried about her life right now. She had completely lost track of time, and who knows how long she had been up there talking to Akiyama-san! She was sure that Deidara must have gotten back to the room by now, if he were obeying the rules of the inn. He was only allowed to stay in the hot springs for up to twenty minutes. Though it did take a while to dress, dry off, and re-dress, he had already been gone for about ten minutes once she decided to go exploring.
 
As she quickly came to a walking pace once she was about ten feet from the room, she nervously walked to the room she had been staying in for the past few days. As she slowly slid the door open, she glanced in as her fear was confirmed. There, on his mat, was Deidara who was towel drying his long mane of hair. Gulping, she slowly crept into the room, hoping to go unnoticed. Her wish though, was vetoed.
 
“Where were you?” He asked with a hint of aggravation in his voice.
 
“I was walking around,” she stuttered out as she slowly inched her way towards the bathroom where she hoped to escape a scolding. As she was about to go in, the man strode over and cornered her on the wall.
 
“Just walking around?” He repeated with anger showing on his face. “What do you mean by that, huh? I leave here for less than an hour, and I come back to this! If you can't even obey one simple command, I don't see why I should even keep you! You stupid dog,” he yelled as he raised his hand to strike her. In fear, the girl turned her head to the side, revealing the scabbed part of her face that hadn't fully healed yet. Gridding his teeth, he grabbed her by her hair and threw her onto her bed.
 
“Stay there,” he demanded with his voice that no kinder than before. As she lay as low as she could on the mat, she stared at the man who ultimately would chose what would happen to her. What if he sent her out on the streets, or sold her to someone worse than himself? Why had she been so careless as to wonder off like that? Didn't she tell herself that it would be worth it even if she were caught? Her own words felt empty now as her body was filled with fear. It was as if something in her couldn't fully take this man seriously until now. He could easily hurt her; just with his height he had an advantage against her. Besides that, he was a strong man. She didn't know much about this `shinobi' he spoke of, but she knew he was one of them and that they weren't people to be messing around. Waiting for what felt like ages, she watched every move of the blond, who now brushed his hair harshly with his comb.