Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ World Collision ❯ I have 'hemophobia' ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry I'm releasing this over an hour later than I usually do! I got caught up in a few things so…
 
~Liliedove
 
 
As they made their way throughout the accursed desert, the sky grew dark along with everything around it. Still, there was no explanation for Jessica who shifted her gaze from Deidara, who walked a few feet ahead of her, to the young man who he had taken. Who was this guy anyhow? Was he dangerous? If so, why was he protecting that village and why were Sasori-san and Deidara-sama so eager to leave? Sighing, she tried to clear away all the confusing thoughts that lingered through her mind. Knowing herself well by now, she'd just go mad if she continued to think about it all; though it was hard not to. As she dragged her tired limps, she wondered how long it would take for Sasori to catch up with them. By what she understood, he was probably fighting that guy who asked for the red headed man they had now. From what she knew of her master's partner, she guessed that the desert boy would probably die if he was fighting against Sasori-san. Jessica could easily recall the many times Deidara had warned her not to get on his bad side if she valued her life. Still, she was just a girl. Glancing at the one the boy around her age had tried to save, she wondered why they were taking him and whether or not he was still alive. Perhaps they were going to collect a bounty on him? Whoever he was, he was a mess. With the dried blood that stained his skin and clothing, she cringed at the thought of how they got there. She was rather surprised though, since Deidara had used explosives against him in their fight. You'd think that one would look a lot worse if they got caught in an explosion.
 
“Is he… dead?” She asked as she looked at the man who lay raped in the clay bird's tail feathers. The blond then snickered slightly as he glanced back at the boy.
 
“No, for now he's not…Yeah, for now.” He replied as he looked back at the young woman whose facial expression was a bit off balance. As a troubling frown fell across his face, he sighed as he shook his head. Ever since they arrived at Suna, he had detected fear in her. Even when he returned from his mission, she was as antsy as ever. Perhaps she wasn't built for seeing things like this? He was use to the sight of blood and gore, and she was defiantly not. “Perhaps I shouldn't have brought you along this time… Yeah,” he murmured in a low voice. “You haven't seen anything like that before, have you?”
 
“No, I have not,” she replied with a face that looked almost painful. “Never in my life have I ever seen so much… blood. I though I had seen more spilled blood than anyone else that's lived as long as I have before, but now… I just can't stand the sight of it. I don't know why, but ever since I found my brother after the `accident', I get so numb every time I see a large amount of blood… Then I panic, and I can't move at all,” she said as she bit her lower lip.
 
“Hemophobia,” Deidara stated in a question like form. Making a “tch” like noise with his teeth and tongue, he let out another sigh of exhaustion as he looked ahead again. “That isn't good… Yeah. What I'm I suppose to do about that? Not like I could just return you now can I?” He asked, not expecting any sort of an answer from his slave girl. “I guess you'll just have to get use to the sight of blood, Omae, for this won't be the last time you'll see it… yeah, I can promise you that.”
 
“Just what are you?” She asked timidly. He could detect the fear in her voice, and knew that the times where he could enjoy being treated as a normal and innocent person would be over soon. Once she saw all the things he'd do, she'd never speak to him as if he were an equal again. Of course, he didn't mind this much, though it was nice to have the company people like her brought.
 
“Do you understand who this person is, what's… inside of him?” Deidara said as he looked out at the darkening horizon. “He has the one-tailed beast, a demon that's sealed inside of him. It's so powerful, that it could whip out a nation I've heard. With that sort power, we the Akatsuki need to do what needs to be done. You understand that much, Omae? That this guy could have easily killed you if he wanted to? I must admit, he could have gotten me there. He took one of my arms, making everything more complicated… yeah,” He said as the girl looked at him with a confused face.
 
“Deidara-sama, do you mean to say that you're missing an arm?” She said with a hint of worry as she looked from one to the other.
 
“It's nothing for you to worry about Jessica,” He said with a slight smirk on his face. “I'll have it fixed later.”
 
“Really,” she asked as she felt even more lost in the situation. “Is it that simple to do that? With one of those `jutsu' things you use?” As the man mumbled a yes, she placed a hand on her forehead as she let out a deep sigh. “I doubt I'll ever get the hang of that. It's so puzzling to me. I don't understand what it is except for that it's powerful. What I'd give now to know… This whole thing is new to my mind. Everything that has gone on these past few weeks is all… They don't make sense to me in my mind.”
 
“How so, hnm,” He said as he slowed a bit so that it wouldn't be such a bother to keep turning to look at her. “All we did was go from one village to another. It wasn't as if we did anything real serious up till now.”
 
“As I've said before; you wouldn't understand. I've been throughout… a lot of things that are unbelievable lately in my life.” Glancing up, she looked up at the man's bright blue eyes that stared back down at her as if waiting for her to continue. Would he listen to her if she told him about home? Perhaps he would, but in the end he'd probably choose to not believe her. And who would believe a story like hers? They'd just think that she was trying to get more sympathy for her pathetic life of being a slave. Looking back at the ground, she closed her eyes softy as a chilling night wind blew in her face.
 
“How long had you been in that shipyard before you were sold?” He asked with a hint of interest in his voice. Jessica made a mocking face as she let out a sneer.
 
“Do you really want to know?” She said in a sarcastic tone that showed that she thought something was off about it. Looking up at him, he gave a slight nod of his head before she turned her face to look at the moon that started to appear more and more in the darkening sky. “I was there for all of five or ten minutes before I was taken to the block.”
 
“So you were one of the first to be sold? Surprising; didn't think any slave marketer would be able to get docked and begin selling so quickly.”
 
“I'm sure it did take them some time to get docked.” Jessica commented, “How should I know? I was never on the boat in the first place. In fact, I've never been on a ship all my sixteen years in the first place.” Glancing back up at the blond, she saw the frown on confusion on his face. As she thought; her story was unbelievable, even at the most realistic parts.
 
“Then how did you get there?” He asked with a mocking tone in his voice.
 
“As I said before… I wasn't a slave until you bought me… I was a regular girl, less than fifteen minutes before you bought me… Whether you chose to believe me or not that is the truth.”
 
Jessica clenched her teeth as she tried holding back tears. She felt pathetic to cry about it, but every time she reminded herself about how she came to be his slave she felt sorrowful. As Deidara was about to speak, he heard a familiar sound from behind. Turning, he saw Sasori whose cloak dragged along the sand.
 
“Well, looks like you've finally caught up, yeah.” He stated as his partner joined by his side. “You've taken care of the boy?”
 
“What do you think?” He replied gruffly, as he looked up at the man who he eldered enough to be his own son.