Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ World Collision ❯ From fear to boldness ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, here's a new chapter and I hope you enjoy.
 
~Liliedove
 
 
 
 
Jessica stared up with wonder at the large statue that stood before her. What was the thing? A moment before, the thing wasn't even there. Now however, there it stood along with people standing on the figure's fingers. Whatever it was, it gave her a bad feeling in the back of her mind. The memory of Deidara telling her about how there was a monster in the boy who laid before her and how his organization wanted it flashed in her mind. At once she had a feeling that it this very thing was involved with it.
 
The man who stood about ten feet away from her then glanced at her for a moment before looking back up at the thing he summoned. “I'd suggest you move away from here if you don't want to get hurt.” He said to her as he made a hand sign. Nodding her head slightly, she backed up a bit as the hologram then disappeared. Jessica blinked hard a few times, wondering if the darkness of the place was playing tricks with her eyes. The door of the cave had been closed for a while, resulting with the fact that they were in utter darkness for the past few minutes. Suddenly, a loud creaking sound was heard as the statue's mouth opened and the large thing that was in it swung to the side of its face. In the direction of the statue, the man's voice then came again. “From this point onward, it'll take three days and nights to complete. Everyone, also be mindful of your real bodies… Okay now Zetsu, use your real body as a look out. Use your largest range.” He commanded to the men in the area.
 
“I know,” stated a voice from the other side of the figure.
 
“Three days eh…? With Orochimaru gone, shouldn't we expect it to take a bit longer,” Another said in a gruff voice.
 
“If you really think so,” the voice of the first man she saw said. “Then let's get started already.” Silence then fell between all of the people. Jessica stood confused as she tried making out all of the faces, though in the end she could not. The thing was so high up, that the only reason why she knew where Deidara and Sasori stood was because she saw them as they went to it. Suddenly, a loud roaring sound could be heard as everything around them started to shake. Then, a blinding light came from the thing's mouth. “Seal jutsu: complete nine illusionary dragon seal.” The man's voice boomed as the light stretched out from the statue's mouth. Jessica then scurried even farther away from the boy as the light formed into the figures of dragons that headed straight for him. As the thing crashed into the ground, chunks of the earth flew in the air as the boy's body rose quickly with it. With a weak voice, for the first time Jessica heard his voice as an ugly choking sound came from his mouth as a thick fog came from his mouth and eyes.
 
“What are you doing to him?” She said under her breath as she looked at the event with fear in her eyes. “What are they doing?” Jessica couldn't understand it at all. Just what was this, an occult? To her Deidara-sama and Sasori-san didn't seem to fit in the category of that, warriors or thieves maybe, but not people who'd fit into an occult. If that were so, then what was this? What was this thing they were doing to the man before her? There was a possibility that the guy was dangerous, and a threat to everyone for all she knew. Deidara-sama himself was the one who went into the village and took him, and she couldn't see him as a murderer of all things. And yet, everything seemed to point in that direction now. First it started off with him not reacting to the slaughtered men, then with him taking the young man, and now putting him throughout pain as it seemed. As it dawned more and more in her mind, she remembered how the other young man had followed them and tried to get the boy back. If he was some sort of a threat, wouldn't the people be happy to be rid of him? Unless they were in a war against the country the boy came from, she couldn't see this act as anything but torture to an innocent man. If only things were simpler, if only she could persuade her master and his partner to not get involved with it, to not hurt the young man… But with how it was now she couldn't see how she could do anything but stand back and watch.
 
“Lord, why is this happening? Or perhaps a better question would be what is happening? I don't understand any of this! I thought I'd begin to understand everything, but ever since we went to that village in the desert I've been nothing but confused about everything! Jesus, I'm scared, please take me away from here, I don't like this at all! Protect me from this thing Lord, I'm afraid!” She prayed silently as she curled up on the ground.
 

“Hey Omae, why don't you stop praying to your god and get a bit farther away from there…yeah,” came a familiar voice over the loud noise the jutsu was making. As Jessica lifted her head, she could spot her master's face amongst all of the strange faces from the glow the light was making.
 
As she stood to her feet and slowly walked backwards, she shouted a reply. “I'll move, but you can't make me stop praying!”
 
“Who's that, Deidara-san?” A man with an emotionless voice asked.
 
“She's my slave…” he replied as he glanced from the man he despised to the girl down bellow who stared up at him. “She's not from a shinobi village so she's new to just about everything, yeah.”
 
“She sounds pretty disrespectful for a religious girl,” Another man said as he sneered a bit. “Hey girl,” He shouted. As she turned to look at him with wide eyes, he chuckled a bit before he continued to speak. “Who do you serve?”
 
“What do you mean by that?” She said returning him with another question, “My master or my King of all Kings?”
 
“Who is your god?” He asked impatiently as he tried to continue concentrate his energy on the jutsu. “Do you serve Jashin-sama, or some other pathetic god of this world?”
 
The face of fright on the girl suddenly changed to an expression of boldness and full seriousness as she opened her mouth to speak. “Neither; I serve the Creator of the universe, my Father Jesus Christ. I am not religious, but I do have a close, personal relationship with God.”
 
“Well, we'll see about that when you die and burn in,” the man started with a mocking sound in his voice before Deidara interrupted him.
 
“Would you concentrate on the jutsu and forget about my slave, Hidan?” He scolded as he shot glares at the man. “Put your share of the burden in this already, u'h.”
 
“Then you better teach your girl how to speak properly if you want her to live.” He stated as he took his eyes away from the girl who still contained the look of confidence on her face. The blond then mumbled a bit before he resumed his mental state back in the place it was before. It was clear in his mind that the girl's religion was going to get her as well as him in to trouble at some point whether she meant for it or not. For the next few moments, everything grew silent along with the girl's mood. From a strong bravery to her former look, she transformed back to her former expression though she didn't look half as antsy as before. Sitting with her legs spread out to the side, she looked from the red-headed boy to him.
 
“Deidara-sama,” she shouted from below. Opening his eyes, he then glanced down at the girl who stared back up at him with a face that seemed to glow of its own accord. “Will it really take you three days to do this? What am I suppose to do while I wait?”
 
“Just sit down and do whatever,” he replied. “Just don't get in the way of things.”
 
“I'd like to slit her throat right now; she's annoying me again,” Sasori snorted as he glared at her master.
 
“Settle this dispute later; put all your effort into removing the one-tailed beast.” The leader of the Akatsuki stated calmly as the three talkers then grew silent. “This must be done, and done as quickly as possible.”