Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ World Collision ❯ Dango shop ( Chapter 50 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Jessica sighed as she slowly sat down beside Deidara who glared off in the distance. With the smell of fresh dangos in the air, she assumed that Tobi must have gone ahead and ordered some when he got there a few minutes before they did. Shaking her head, she wondered how the man survived without anyone around to constantly watch his every movement to make sure he wasn't getting himself into any trouble.
 
“Oh boy, they smell so delicious! Sempai, do you like dangos?” He said turning his head to look at the man who only grunted in reply. After staring at him for a few seconds, the man then turned to his second `energy release' option. “Jessica-chan, do you like dangos?” He asked as he leaned over Deidara till he was practically next to the girl. Deidara, who was now practically on his back, made a disgusted face before he quickly shoved his partner off of him.
 
“Get off of me,” He demanded as he then folded his arms against his chest. Tobi, who still didn't take his gaze off of the girl, waited for a reply. Jessica, who was still leaning away from the two of them, gave an odd look from the short adventure.
 
“I don't know,” she replied after a moment. “I've never tried one before.”
 
“You haven't!” He exclaimed as he put his hands on the sides of his face. “Obaasan, hurry; Jessica-chan has never eaten a dango before!” A moment later, an old woman walked out from the back of the shack with a plate with three shish-ca-bobs that had small meatball looking things on them.
 
“Enjoy your dangos,” the woman said with a smile before returning to the part of the open shack they could not see. Immediately, Tobi took one in his hands with pure delight in his features.
 
“Oh boy, they smell so delicious!” He said merrily before putting a hand on his mask. As he slowly lifted it, both Jessica and Deidara stared diligently at him, for not once did either of them see his face. Of course, as usual, he quickly turned to the side and ate them all within a minute. “Oh these are so good! The must be the best I've ever had!” Sinking their stiff shoulders, they both sighed before picking up their own sticks. “Really Jessica-chan, how could you now eat these?” He asked as he turned back to face them with his mask on properly. Looking from her dangos to her master who had already begun eating, to the masked man who stared at her diligently, she sighed before taking a nibble out of one. Taking another bite, she gave a thoughtful look as she tried to decide whether or not she liked the taste. After a minute or two, she looked to her right, where both Tobi and Deidara, with a raised eye brow, waited for the results.
 
“They're looking at me as if I was on one of those survivor type shows and I just ate something that looks utterly disgusting… Like that one time I saw that some girl in her twenties had to bite through cow brains to find these disc things.” She thought to herself. “I guess they're pretty good. It sort of tastes like a donut… I'm guessing it's a bunch of wheat, water, and sugar cooked and rolled up into balls with an even more sugary sauce poured on top. I can just imagine how many calories this thing must be. I guess I don't really need to count calories anymore though since I'm not at home where I could just snack on a bag of chips when I get hungry.”
 
“Jessica-chan, I thought it was just Deidara-Sempai who was too serious, but you need to lighten up too! Why worry about `calories'?” He said as he leaned his head back against his arms.
 
“I don't know, maybe she doesn't want to get fat?” Deidara said sarcastically.
 
“Oh Sempai, don't say that so openly! You may hurt Jessica-chan's feelings! Anyways, we're on a mission! We need to have rest every now and then, you know? What is it that we're going after anyways?”
 
“The three-tails you idiot! The three-tails,” the blond growled. Tobi then started pulling one finger out of his fist at a time as he counted.
 
“One-tails,” he said pulling out his index finger. “Two tails,” he said pulling out his middle finger. “Three tails,” he said pulling out his ring finger. Then, he balled his hand up again so that only his thumb would stick out as he pointed at himself with that. Turning his head to look at his partner, he then said, “I am Tobi, Duh!” Jessica then stared at him with a slight frown and raised eyebrows while Deidara looked at him in disbelief. All was then silent for but a moment before something caught sight in Tobi's eyes. “Sempai, look,” he exclaimed as he pointed at something in the shack with his stick. Slowly turning his head, the blond saw a small, hollow oven-looking thing which was sort of shaped like a pig. “Sempai that looks like your art doesn't it? Does that mean… Yours is a rip off?” He asked innocently as he put a hand over where his mouth was behind the mask.
 
Jessica could feel the tension rising at this. It was obvious that Deidara had been holding back all urges to hurt the man thus far, but to make fun of his art work… She knew that went over the line in his book. As the blond clutched his fists together as he tilted his head towards the ground, she could only wait for what was about to occur; something she knew she wouldn't be able to stop. As his face started to grow red with anger, he slowly opened his mouth to speak.
 
“Teme,” he said between his teeth. At this the masked man shrunk back a bit with his arms near his faces as he began to back away from his partner. “I'll kill you!” The blond yelled as he quickly stood up and shoved his hands in his large pouches of clay. That then signaled the beginning of the end. Tobi, as fast as his legs could carry him, ran down the road, hoping to escape the man's rage.
 
“I knew he could go fast, but I've never seen him go this fast before; even last time they did this.” Jessica thought as she pulled herself into a ball. Within seconds, explosions began banging loudly in the air as shrieks from the pursued man came shortly after each one. She was then met by the old woman who served them, who then took her into the building for better safety. “One day something really bad is going to come from one of these shenanigans, I just know it,” she thought as she shook her head in disapproval.