Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ What a Lovely Turn of Events ❯ Audrey shines! Well sort of ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Currently, Deidara, Sasori, Evelynn, and Audrey were on their way to capture the three-tails. It didn't have a jinchuriki, and there were rumors that it was currently residing in a lake. It was a week after the two-tails had been sealed. Three of the four wore their Akatsuki robes like they were supposed to. One of them did not. Guess who.

"It looks too bulky!" Evelynn declared.

Audrey, Gina, and Shoto had introduced their palms to their foreheads. Nagato looked extremely agitated. Evelynn had taken her cloak and.. 'adjusted' it. Now, she wore a pair of tight black ninja shorts (think of Sakura's, only slightly shorter) her black silver studded belt she refused to part with, and she had turned the cloak into a shirt. The shirt she wore was a skin tight midriff top that stopped about an inch above her belly button with one sleeve, on the left, that stopped just above her elbow. She also wore the black leather fingerless gloves with metal plates hidden in the knuckles that Yahiko had gotten for her, and a pair of black knee high ninja sandals that has a small heel. (Again, think of Sakura's heels.) Strapped to her a back was a pole-axe, specially made for her. It was light, made of pure steal. Her weapon of choice. Deidara and Sasori once again dressed in what they did before they were sent to Audrey's and Evelynn's world, though Sasori now lacked Hiroku. That puppet had been smashed in his fight with Granny Chiyo and Sakura. The puppet master still wanted pay back for that.

"So, how are we going to capture the three-tails, hm?" Deidara looked over to Sasori.

"From what I hear when a tailed beast doesn't have a jinchuriki it makes them a lot less intelligent. They have all the raw power of their chakra, but don't know how to use it. Our best bet is to try and knock it unconscious. It will probably put up a fight, so stay sharp." Sasori explained to the bomber. Deidara just nodded.

Right now they were walking along a forest trail. Up ahead was a dango shop.

"Have you ever tried dango, un?" Deidara turned to Audrey.

"Hm? Oh no." The brunette replied.

"We can't waste time making pointless stops, Deidara!" Sasori hissed.

"Oh, come on, Sasori. The three tails isn't going anywhere!" Evelynn argued. Shit. Three against one.

"Fine." Sasori sighed.

With that, Deidara grabbed Audrey's hand, and ran ahead with her. Evelynn decided to hang back and walk with Sasori.

"They're trying to find a way for you and the others to posses chakra." Sasori informed her. Trying to fill the silence.

"Oh, good. Imagine how many asses I can kick once I gain chakra!" Evelynn stated, placing one hand on her hip, and holding her other fist up in front of her, grin on her face.

"Evelynn," Sasori started, giving his girlfriend a sideways glance. "You do realize what this organization is, right? Very possibly, as we continue to collect tailed beasts, we could end up at war. I.." he paused. "I don't want you hurt." He finished lamely.

Evelynn blinked and looked up at him. He was staring straight forward, eyebrows furrowed, and a frown on his face. Her expression softened.

"Sasori, nothing is going to happen to me." He stopped walking and looked down at her. Seeing her soft expression he raised an eyebrow, and she continued. "One day, I'm going to marry you. Then we'll be a family. You, Adrian, and myself. Then you and I are gonna have a bunch of little red-haired, hazel eyed babies. Adrian is going to have lots of little brothers and sisters. Until that happens, there is no way I'm gonna die." She informed him firmly.

Sasori smirked. Then, he leaned down and kissed her. Evelynn blinked in surprise, but kissed him back. They weren't usually ones for public displays of affection. Evelynn felt it was awkward, and Sasori just never considered it his thing.

"I'm going to hold you to that." He murmured, pulling away. Evelynn looked up at him, then grinned and gave him a firm nod. With that, they continued to the dango shop.

-Time skip!-

They were nearing the lake, and Audrey was nervous. She wasn't a ninja. What if they ran into an enemy? There wasn't much she could do. Also, how would her and Evelynn be able to help with capturing a tailed beast? Well, if they ran into an enemy Evelynn would just swing her pole-axe crazily until she at least hit one of them. Audrey wasn't quite that bold, was she? The brunette shook her head, and focused on the road ahead. She would not be dead weight. She promised herself that.

Up ahead they could see some ninja in the midst of a battle.

'Oh no.' Audrey thought.

"What are we going to do, Sasori-no-danna, hm?" Deidara asked. They had hidden themselves in the trees a few yards away.

"I say we rush in and just kick their asses!" Evelynn whispered excitedly. Well, at least one of them was excited for a fight. Audrey gulped.

"Don't be stupid, Evelynn." Sasori hissed. "You can't just rush in like that, you'd be killed."

Evelynn pouted. Sasori pulled out a scroll. It contained ten puppets. He would be needing it.

"Maybe we can go to the other side of the lake, and ambush the three tails from there, yeah?" Deidara asked.

"That would take to long." Sasori muttered. "We're going to have to get passed the.." He paused.

"What is it?" Evelynn asked, peering around him. She saw a blonde haired boy, and a blonde haired girl that looked exactly like him. Twins. They had the same blonde hair, same blue eyes, but the boy had what looked like whisker markings. There was also a pink haired girl, a blonde haired girl, a silver haired man with a mask, a black haired boy who almost looked like Sasuke, a man with some sort of helmet? A girl with long purple/black hair was trapped inside what looked a red crystal, a hooded boy, a boy in a green jumpsuit, a girl with brown hair that was pulled into two buns on her head, and a boy with a dog. They were facing a woman with light blue hair and dark eyes. It appeared the woman was facing them alone.

"That's the girl who fought against me with granny Chiyo." Sasori growled, nodding towards the pink haired girl.

"I'll kill that bitch!" Evelynn snapped. As much as Sasori would have loved to see that, he held her back. He knew about the girls inhuman strength. Unfortunately, without chakra, Evelynn wouldn't stand a chance.

"Hey, isn't that the nine-tailed jinchuriki, and the copy ninja, hm?" Deidara whispered while pointing at the silver haired man and the blonde boy. Sasori just nodded.

"So what are we going to do?" Audrey whispered. She was getting more nervous by the second. Suddenly, the boy with the dog turned in their direction. The dog with him started to bark and growl.

"Shit!" Sasori hissed. It must have smelled them. Damn ninja dogs.

"What?! What happened?!" Evelynn snapped. "Don't tell me it fucking smelled us."

"Must have, yeah." Deidara muttered. He was already reaching his hands into his clay pouches.

"Well, shit!" Evelynn pulled her pole axe off her back, and got into a fighting stance. Sasori prepared his scroll, and Audrey took a few steps back, pulling a kunai out of the ninja pouch on her hip.

"Who's over there?!" The man with the helmet called out. Deidara stepped from the trees and into their view.

"Ah the Kyuubi-container. Looks like we'll be getting you and the three-tails, hm." Deidara drawled with a smirk.

"This bastard again?!" the blonde snapped. He turned in Deidara's direction. The blonde beside him came to his side, also glaring at Deidara.

"Calm down, Naruto. We'll get him this time." The girl said with a determined look.

"It's been awhile, mini-Tsunade." Sasori said in a bored tone as he stepped out as well. He had already summoned his puppets, and had them behind him and to his sides ready to attack. The pink haired girl glared at him, and took a fighting stance.

"You killed Lady Chiyo!" She snapped.

"So what if I did?" Sasori drawled. At this point Evelynn stepped out, and stood beside him. She wrapped an arm around his waist, and whispered something in his ear. Sasori nodded, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Who the hell are you?!" Naruto snapped.

"Evelynn Crevan." Evelynn sneered at him. "I'm gonna be the one who kicks pinky's ass."

"Like hell you are!" Naruto was about to run at them, but the silver haired ninja grabbed his shoulder. "Let go, Kakashi-sensei!"

"No!" Kakashi said firmly. "They're just trying to get you riled up. Pay attention. She doesn't even have any chakra."

Naruto looked shocked for a minute, but then narrowed his eyes at Evelynn.

"Hey, you're right." The blonde confirmed.

"Hey, what's going on?!" The blue haired woman, who was their original opponent, snapped.

"Why would Akatsuki recruit someone who isn't a ninja?" The man in the helmet asked.

"I was just about to ask the same thing, Yamato." Kakashi said calmly. You could see on his face he was fairly agitated, though. He pushed up his headband up away from his left eye, revealing a Sharingan.

"Hey, isn't that the same eye technique thing that Sasuke and Itachi have?" Evelynn inquired looking to Deidara and Sasori. The former nodded.

"Sasuke?" Naruto barked. "What do you know about Sasuke?!"

"Uh, he's part of Akatsuki and dating my friend Shoto?" Evelynn stated bluntly. The second part seemed to make the blonde and pink haired girl look crestfallen.

"Liars! Sasuke would never join you!" The blonde snapped.

"Well, if Shoto were here she would tell you.." Evelynn started, before Sasori cut her off.

"That's enough, Evelynn. They don't need to know our business." Sasori drawled. Evelynn just rolled her eyes.

"You had better give Sasuke back!" The pink haired girl snapped.

"He came on his own, yeah." Deidara sneered.

"Like hell!" The girl that looked like Naruto snapped. Apparently, she had the same temperament of her brother, only she wasn't as quick to attack.

"Think what you want." Evelynn waved her hand dismissively. "We're only here for the three tails. So get out of our way."

With that statement, Naruto snapped. He ran at Evelynn, Rasengan in hand. Kakashi barely had time to shove him out of the way as one of Sasori's puppets started firing poisoned senbon needles at him.

"Naruto! Do not attack unless we say so!" Kakashi snapped.

Currently, the boy with the dog, Kakashi, Naruto, his twin, Sakura, Yamato, and the other blonde girl were facing Akatsuki. The rest were facing he blue haired girl, who the Akatsuki had gathered had the girl with purple-black hair held captive. Audrey was still hidden.

"I've had enough, let's get this over with."

With that, Evelynn ran at the blonde, that she later found out was called 'Ino,' and swung her pole axe. Ino jumped out of the way, in just the knick of time. No one expected a girl who wasn't a ninja to be so.. Straight forward. Naruto once again charged at Deidara and Sasori, Kakashi and his twin(Leia) right behind him. Sakura had gathered her chakra to her fist, and was currently trying to smash Evelynn to bits.

Evelynn, despite being the hot tempered woman she was, was not an ignorant woman as well. She continued to dodge Sakura's attacks as best she could. Her hazel eyes calculating every movement. If she swung her weapon at just the right time.. Now! Sakura had jumped in the air, and was about to bring her fist down on Evelynn. The red-headed woman moved to the left to dodge, and swung her pole-axe up.. Hit! She sliced Sakura across the stomach. It wasn't fatal, but it was enough that the pinkette had to get out of the way and heal herself. Personally, Sasori was very proud. Now, Evelynn was facing off with Ino. Mostly, Evelynn was just using her pole axe to block the kunia the blonde was furiously swinging at her.

Naruto, Kakashi, and Leia were now after Sasori and Deidara. Sasori was using his puppets to shoot poisoned senbon at the copy nin, and Deidara was dodging Naruto's and Leia's furious attacks.

"Tell us where Sasuke is!" Leia snapped.

"Why would I do that, hm?" Deidara asked as he dodged Naruto's shadow shuriken.

Audrey watched from the tree's, frozen with fear. What was wrong with her?! Her friends and lover were out there fighting, and she was hiding in the trees like a scared kid. Her blue eyes widened as she saw Leia coming up behind Deidara. Sasori seemed to be holding his own, but Deidara was distracted by the kyuubi container. Before she could think of anything else, Audrey blindly launched the kunai she was holding at Leia.

Leia's eyes widened, and she suddenly winced as the kunia drove itself into her shoulder. What the hell?! She looked over to the trees, and standing there was a very upset looking Audrey. Her blue eyes were flashing dangerously.

"No one hurts Deidara." She stated bluntly, pulling out another kunai. "No one."

With that, her and Leia started to clash. Kunai against Kunai. Deidara and Naruto looked at the two shocked for a moment. Some where behind them, Evelynn let out a holler of excitement for Audrey. Deidara grinned like a maniac, and turned back to Naruto. Sasori had succeeded in scratching Kakashi with one of the senbon, and Evelynn had gotten her pole axe wedged in Ino's gut. The purple-black haired girl had been freed from the crystal, and was trying to help Sakura heal Ino and Kakashi. (Not that they could do much for Kakashi. He needed an antidote, and fast.)

Yamato called everyone to retreat. If they wanted everyone back alive, they need to go. Now. With a last few threats and warnings the leaf ninja took off. The group of four let them go. They had their own matters to attend to. The three tails.

Evelynn ran up to Audrey grinning. The red-head had a few injuries. Mostly from when she had faced the brunette with the two buns on her head. It turned out she was a weapons mistress, and if Sasori had not attached chakra string to Evelynn before the fight, and pulled her out of the way.. Well, Evelynn would be dead. Instead she had a few deep gashes here and there on her body, and a nasty bruise was forming on her abdomen.

Audrey grinned back. She had not sustained as much damage as Evelynn, since she only fought Leia. The most the brunette had was a few cuts on her arms from trying to block Leia from hitting any vital points.

"That was so badass, Audrey." Evelynn said.

"Ah, well, it was nothing." Audrey replied in mock honesty. Deidara came up beside her, and kissed her temple.

"That was amazing, un!" He exclaimed.

"Didn't really think you had it in you." Sasori smirked.

Evelynn punched him in the gut. All Audrey could do was grin. She promised she would not be dead weight, and dead weight she was not.

"So, how are we going to get the three-tails?" Evelynn inquired.

The four looked to the lake to see a very large turtle surfacing in the water.

Audrey almost fainted.

Evelynn weapon, for those who don't know what a pole axe is; cliparts/c/6/5/0/1206577413568202334lamatin_ .

I know originally Shizune was with them, but I decided to change it. Leia is an OC someone requested I put into the story. She's Naruto's twin. So instead of Shizune with them, I added her in.

A/N; This was my second 'battle' scene! What did you all think? Did you enjoy it? Hate it? Review, and let me know what you think!