Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Grind Contest ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: Thanks for all the reviews.

Now you know who all the characters are.
I was really surprised when no one could figure out who Chaos is

I mean, Kay Hos and Chaos. It sounds so familiar

And I was amazed when a reviewer said they couldn't figure out who Ranma really is

I own nothing.

Oh I thank Shurimon8 for a idea coming up in later chapters

Chapter.3: Grind Contest

I was walking home thinking of how fast my life has changed. In such a short amount of time, I gained real friends and someone special who accepts me as who I am. I look to the side and see that Akane is still glaring at me and Nabiki has a frown on her face, but I really don't care. Neither of them can hurt me. "Saotome" Nabiki said in a withering tone, "You are going to tell me about the new kids, everything you know" I stop and turn to her, "Now why should I do that?" She stares at me; actually it is more like glares. "You forget Saotome, I own you. You are nothing but a dumb jock that can fight. That's all you can do, you have no real skill"

I school my features and resist the urge to tear off her head and spit down her neck, "You own me?" I said. She grins and nods. "You have to do whatever I say, or else you wouldn't want you're mother to find out that you are really unmanly" I cannot believe the nerve of her! I suppose that she thinks that I'm going to back down and take this shit like I used too. Oh no I will not humor her anymore. I walk towards until I am inches from her face. "Listen Nabiki, you do not own me, no one does. I suggest you don't forget that" She is surprised, I can see it in her eyes, but then her face hardens, "And if I do forget it what will you do?" I smile evilly, "You are no martial artist, I wonder how easily you can take to be thrown out the window three stories up"

That got her. She backed up, she never expected me to do this. "Is that a threat Saotome?" I can feel my grin widen and I summon my battle aura, "I don't make threats. I make promises. Little girl I killed a GOD! How would you be able to stop me" She backs up even more. She has lost this battle. I turn to Akane and find that she is glaring even harder. "HOW DARE YOU THREATEN MY SISTER!" In an instant, she brought out that damn mallet and swings at me, or would have if I didn't hold a orb of chi in my hand. It was a swirl of red and black and was no bigger then my fist, but it is different, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." She paused, her eyes widen in fear as I make the motion of launching it at her. I oh so casually tossed it to where there was a construction site. The explosion didn't make any sound, but the whole site was now one big crater.

I stare at Akane, "Next time you threaten me, either of you, you will be getting one of those at point blank range." The ground underneath both girls was wet. They had pissed themselves. I turn towards a direction and walk off, leaving them two to them selves. I know that it is going to be bad later, but I can handle it. I look up and see a fence that went down the street. I take a running start and jump on the fence with my feet angled properly. I think my new shoes will stay intact. With the running boost I land on the fence and I'm sliding on it towards the direction I'm going.

This is so fun! I'm actually grinding on the fence using my feet! Soon I find my self in the downtown area of Nerima. I grin stupidly when I see all the railings and fences I can use, I grind near the end of the fence and with a quick flip I'm on one of the railings grinding past people. My vision changes and I find my self, staring down a big cliff, with numerous railings going over it that seem to go on for miles. I pick one and start grinding. I crouch down to pick up speed and with a mightily leap I catch the next railing.

My vision fades and I find my self, standing on a thin railing. People walking by are watching me with a weird look on their face, those that I see with Furiken high uniforms are walking up towards me, but I don't want to talk to them. With a push with one foot I'm grinding down the street again. Grinning at those in the traffic watch me with an amazed look on their faces, "Ranma Prepare to die!"

I sigh and duck under the punch to my head and with another flip I'm on the nearby fence. There he is Ryouga, with his umbrella pointed at me, "Because of you I have seen hell!" That speech again, it's gets so stupid. I was having fun here_wait a minute, "Ryouga, I challenge you" I said interrupting him in the middle of his stupid as hell speech. He stops and blinks then grins evilly, "Name the time of the fight," I wave my hand, "No no fight, a race, Ryouga, I challenge you to a grind race next week." Ryouga is staring at me confused, "Grind race? What the hell is that?"

I grin and with a push, I grind 20 feet down the street, I jump turn around and grind back. "That is grinding, do you accept or are you a coward." Got him. Ryouga growls. "I'll beat you in such a simple thing. If I win though, you have to leave Nerima!" I roll my eyes, "And if I win, you tell Akane about your curse right then and there" Ryouga pales, but doesn't say anything. "Oh and P-chan, you better learn how to grind" Ryouga growls. He jumps onto a railing and tries to push off like I do, several seconds later; he was lying on the ground. I wave my index finger, "Such bad balance" and grind off and thoughts go back to what Sonic told me about the Light Speed Dash during lunch.

Flashback:

"You remember the Light Speed Dash?" Sonic said amazed, "Before our race the words just popped into my head, what is it?" Sonic grinned and in an instant, there was a row of small golden rings that went in a circle. "The Light Speed Dash lets you race on the path of these rings at the speed of light. No matter the surface, air, ground or even under water. A chi shield forms along your body so you can breath no matter place, even outer space". Along with that, you are nearly impervious to damage."

My jaw dropped. To be able to go at such speeds, anywhere I want "Where do the rings come from?" Sonic gives another grin, "These rings are special. They are the energy of the Earth solidified. On a daily basis the Earth dispels the energy where if it isn't used, just dissipate, but they have an effect on us" He motioned for me to touch the ring and I did and it disappeared_No it went inside of me and it boosted my reserves. After a while I realize. It is staying like that. "Oh my God" Sonic nods, "It adds to our reserves and with barely any concentration you can draw the energy out.

I try and the ring is out floating next to me, then it hits me, "You don't use any energy for the Light Speed dash, it just keeps cycling the energy and all I have to do is think of a pathway for the rings to shape and I can run along it" Sonic nods. I shudder inside; to be able to go at a speed, it is what I want. To be faster then wind, but I realize, "There is a way to go even faster then the Light Speed Dash and it doesn't involve the rings" Sonic says nothing at first. "I_I can't tell you that, not now at least.. For you it is to dangerous because you never done it, not even in your last life" I couldn't get anymore, but I revel in the knowledge that there is something faster

End Flashback

The Light Speed Dash. It is such a powerful ability, but I know that there is something faster and I want it. I stop and with a thought I form a small path of rings, which goes over the street in the air. I jump off the rail and go into the first ring. In an instant, I'm on the other side of the street. I can still see the after image of when I still jumped. I went so fast it was like I teleported. I check again and find that I lost no energy. For the next hour that is all I'm doing bouncing from each side of the street while grinding on railings between jumps. I then get an idea and stop.

I form a line of rings that go along the rail and then grind. Next thing I know, I'm a mile down the railing, with a trial of sparks leading behind me and a whole bunch of confused people wondering where they came from or what caused it.. It seems that using the Light Speed Dash was like using a speed boost. I dubbed this the Rocket Grind. Ryouga is so screwed for next weeks race. This is going to be great. I can finally stop some of the stupid shit that goes on around here

I was lost in my thoughts, so I didn't notice the person grinding towards me. With a crash we both bite the dust. With me on the bottom, "Ouch" I feel something very soft on me, I open eyes and find myself staring into those lovely red eyes of Amy, "Hey Ranma" She says not moving to getting up, not that I mind, "I guess we had an accident" I grin, "I guess I keep on falling for you" She giggled and got off me, where I can see what she was wearing.

She no longer had the school uniform, but a pair of jeans and a pink shirt that was cut to exposed her stomach. Somehow she got her long pink hair underneath a baseball cap. It was turned backwards with her bangs sticking out. "So Ranma, how long have you been grinding?" I laugh "I just thought of it today, but guess what I have a grind race next week"

Amy smiled, "Against who?" I told her of Ryouga and by the end she was straining to hold in laugher, "What an idiot" She stopped as she thought of something. Oh crap! I told her about the cursed springs. "Did you get a curse at the springs too?"

I wanted to go somewhere and die. I can't tell her_Shit. I remember how the Tendo family basically rejected me when they found out about the curse. It was that day that I hated someone, especially Akane, with her want to be friends crap. That sure changed when she found out I was a boy. Thankfully my Mom accepted who I am_ I really don't want to think what would have happen if she had rejected me. Before I can tell Amy no, a bike went by and splashed the water that was on the street onto me, triggering my curse.

Just when my day was going good, this had to happen. I turn away from Amy, not wanting to the rejection that was surly to be in her eyes. "Ranma, is that you?" I sigh and start to walk away when I feel her hand on my shoulder, "Wait don't go" Her voice was soft, yet commanding. I stopped. "Why? I'm a freak." Her hand drops from my shoulder and I continue walking when her arms warped around me. "Poor, poor Ranma, you must have had a hard life." She tightened her hug, "I accept you Ranma." Oh_Oh my. That sure broke the dam. I could feel the tears slide down my face. I haven't cried since the Neko-ken training. Amy released her hug and dragged me to an empty alley so I can cry in peace. She just held me as I used up years of depression and loneliness.

"This curse sucks" I say when I regain my bearings. I'm so embarrassed that I broke down like that. "You mean changing against you're will." I nod. I notice that Amy is still holding me, but it's not like those molesting type that Shampoo, Ukyo and Kodachi does. It's_warm. Amy pauses as in thought, "Maybe I can change the trigger." I pause. To change the trigger to something less embarrassing, "Can you?" It's not a cure, but something I can live with. To be able to control my curse. She nods, "Of course. It'll be a sin to get rid of a girl as cute as you" She pinched my cheeks and giggles, "Besides I go both ways" I turned atomic red at that comment as many mental images came into my head. Amy giggled at my expression and then turned serious. She held her hand out and began to chant. It's a language I never heard before; it's sounded very rhythmic. She held her hand open and something weighed it down. I couldn't see anything thought, but Amy's ki flows increased a thousand fold. She suddenly leaned in and kissed me.

She tasted like berries. It was a soft kiss, not like any of the forced ones before. I know Amy is a good fighter, but all this tenderness in her, made me like her so much more. So I returned the kiss, forgetting that at the time I was girl. She leaned back, "Change" She said and without a thought I did, I was a guy again. She leaned forward and this time I kissed her. We stayed like that for an hour. Just holding each other and kissing. I change my mind. Today was a very, very good day. It seems that the gods that were fucking with my life finally gave me a moment. I know that I'm in trouble, but right now, I didn't care. I was enjoying my time with Amy, whose lips taste like berries.

Later Amy and me where in an ice-cream parlor, eating some ice cream. That was when Tails came in, He looked over and grinned, "Hey Ranma, hey Amy. What brings you here" Amy put down her spoon and smiled, "Nothing much. I'm just hanging out with Ranma until he goes home and gets in trouble" Tails turned to me, "Oh come on, it can't be that bad" Then we heard it, "RRRRRRRRAAAAANNNNNNNMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!!!" It came from over the distance. "The Tendo home, is about 5 miles from here." Tails blinked, "Oh_I'll pray for you" I grin, "No biggy_Tails you are a genius that can build anything right" Tails grinned and pounded his chest. "Of course. I'm the best" I like Tails. He acts so much like me and Sonic. "I challenged someone to a grind contest_can you?" Tails grinned. "A grind contest_ oh you want me to build railings for it" I nod. "All over the city_ so can you" Tails grinned, "No problem, Sonic and Amy were bugging me to do this. I planned on working on it tonight" Amy grinned, "Then the fun will really begin." I found myself getting really excited. Straight rails are fun, but they present no challenge, and not a big enough thrill. Ryouga is gonna have a heart attack when he sees the course_. "Tails. Make sure you add some water hazards"

After giving Tails the type of course I wanted, me and Amy walked towards the Tendo dojo, where the sounds of destruction grew louder. With my karma, I figure every fiancé is there, plus all my rivals and to mix it up, Happosai. "Ranma are you going to be okay?" Amy asked a couple of blocks away, I nod, "Just go on home, Amy. I'll be fine. More so now that I can control my curse at will" Amy grinned, "Hmmm. I never thought I'll have a boyfriend and a girlfriend in one" I blush and she kisses my nose, "Later" She jumped onto the fence and started grinding away. She stops, blows me a kiss and continues on. I watched her until she was gone. With a sigh I continue walking towards my hell.

With the advance version of the Umisenken, I walk into the Tendo home, invisible to all, even the fat-ass. I was right. All my fiancés, rivals and yes Happosai were there, fighting, arguing, and groping respectfully. Mr. Tendo was using his lame-as-hell Demon Head attack ranting about how I attacked his daughters and the fat-ass was raving about how he has a disappointing son. Nabiki is sitting there with a smug smile, which means she arranged all of this. I am so going to throw her out the window tomorrow morning, right in the Kio pond. It isn't a three-story fall but it'll serve my point. Surprisingly, my mom was there, getting very annoyed at all of them. She looks in my direction, and then squints her eyes. I'm shocked to say, she is the first person who can sense me when I'm in this state. That says a lot for mom. "Son I think it's time you came out, so these people can go away. I have a massive headache listening to these people" She says out loud, a direct command. The room goes silent, then Kasumi responds. "What do you mean, Aunty?" Mom takes a sip of her tea and then responds. "My son has been here for the last twenty minutes, listening to all the stupid things going on. Son, come out please." Predictably the others start looking around the room. Mom giggles at this. I'm going to have to find out how she found me; even the ol' ghoul and the perv can't find me like this

I tortured them enough so I walk to the center of the room and release the cloak. Instantly three females glomp onto me, rubbing themselves on me, I feel so dirty. Mousse, Ryouga and Kuno all give their death speeches while Akane brings out her mallet. I sigh, "Leave me alone" I say as I try to end this peacefully. Once again, no one listens as they begin to bark amongst themselves. "How dare you threaten Akane like that, prepare to die!" He must have conveniently forgot that I'm better then him. Oh well no mercy for the ignorant. Maybe getting the stiffening beaten out of him will teach him something. He threw his umbrella and a bunch of bandanas in the exact same move that he used when he first showed up. He thinks that because my arms are being held, I would fall to this. With a quick surge of energy, the females are thrown off my arms. I then kick the umbrella up, catch it and deflect the projectiles. Oh shit, I watch in horror as one heads towards my mother's neck. I use all my speed, but it's not enough time to build it up. "Noooo!" I scream. Then something amazing happened. I felt a surge of power and everything froze

Read and Review