Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cecil rolled back to his feet as he seized up Isaac... the Mariner was about his age, had slightly and darker longer shaggy green hair, and had a deep scar running down the left side of his face... as well as a ruined left eye that was simply a milky-white mass.

"In case you haven't noticed, most of your buddies have gone down," Cecil flat-out stated, "What makes you think you stand a chance, Cyclops?"

Isaac suddenly smirked at the insult and turned away... partially to hide the fact he knew Thetis was probably dead now and to regain his composure, but his voice betrayed nothing. "The injury on my face is a medal, a badge of honor that I'd never be ashamed to show to the world. As for you..." He quickly spun around, fist pumping out. "Aurora Borealis!"

Cecil sprang to the side on instinct... instinct that was proven correct when a burst of cold air shot from Isaac's outstretched fist... the glancing blow nearly making Cecil's leg go numb. He charged, his hand forming a claw due to the aptly shaped extension on his God Robe. "Viking Tiger Claw!" He slashed straightforward at Isaac's chest.

Isaac immediately threw up his arms to protect himself, but he was still knocked back quite a bit. Taking the opportunity, he kicked Cecil in the groin and sent the God Warrior flying into the air, "Let's try this again!" Isaac sent another Aurora Borealis attack straight at him, this time the freezing beam engulfing and overwhelming Cecil as he collapsed onto the ground... wondering if any place on Earth ever got that cold...

"Easy enou-"

"GREAT ARDENT PRESSURE!" shouted another voice as Isaac turned to see a stream of fire shooting at him. Isaac quickly sent off another blast of ice to stop it, before its creator came into view. "Hagan Sleipnir, God Warrior of Merak Beta."
_
Fenrir really didn't know exactly was going on here... after all, not to long ago he had been chowing down on a bear... but the woman that stood before him, "Sea Dragon" Charybdis Tiamet certainly seemed to consider him an enemy and she had to fight him... and the initial punch to the face hurt a lot.

In retrospect, maybe being a God Warrior wasn't as cracked up as they said...

Fenrir staggered away, feeling the side of his face, wondering why Charybdis was letting him do so. She probably didn't think he was much of a challenge, but mainly it was because her attention focused on the South Pacific pillar more than anything else.

Well... I'll show her... Fenrir sent himself charging at her at a blindingly fast spring, hand ready to attack... "Wolf Cruelty Claw!" He attacked fast... faster than he ever had in his life, and yet Charybdis didn't seem to care. He was less than three feet from her...

... And then he suddenly found himself behind her, and her elbow flew up into his face, all but knocking him out. She kicked him in the gut, cracks forming everywhere on his God Robe, and one final uppercut sent the whole thing to pieces... a small sapphire falling out from somewhere on it. Charybdis turned down to look at it...

But then the South Pacific pillar fell... and Charybdis's blood all but froze.

"Calypso... sister..."
_
Just how strong is Hagan?!? Cecil thought as the God Warrior managed to repel Isaac's freezing attack with simply an outstretched hand time after time. Hagan continued to fight defensively, but at the sight of the South Pacific pillar falling, he stopped.

"Calypso!" Isaac shouted before a blast of ice shot from Hagan shut him up. "What?"

"Master of both elements, idiot," Hagan answered back. He snapped his fingers, as if this was all a big joke, before Isaac found himself trapped in a giant block of ice. Hagan then simply walked up and punched Isaac through it, straight in the gut before pointing at the Arctic pillar and blowing it up with a burst of flames. He turned and walked away, stopping when Cecil called out to him.

"A little help here..." Cecil muttered as he tried to shake off the frost. Hagan looked at him and walked over...

And then all but gutted him with a punch too, tearing out a blue sapphire from the God Robe in the process as the Mizar Zeta armor vanished from around Cecil.

"What the hell, man?!?" Cecil growled as he tried to get back up to his feet, but Hagan just kicked him in the side and sent him flying into the block of ice where Isaac's life was quickly ebbing away.

"God Warriors don't lose battles. If you do, you're out. Simple as that." Before Cecil could raise an objection, Hagan blasted both Cecil and Isaac with a gigantic stream of fire, walking away as if nothing was the matter.
_
"DAMN YOU ALL!" Charybdis screamed as she held Fenrir up to the side of the North Atlantic pillar, pounding him again and again, tears streaming from her face. "Why the hell?!?"

"Because Hilda commands it!" Came another voice. Charybdis turned, seeing Sigurd Siegfried there, a severed head in his hands...

Calypso's...

"We came here to conference with Poseidon and one of your Mariners attacked, Sea Dragon... Sea Dragon Charybdis Tiamet..." Sigurd said. "Your followers are dead, every last one of them. Never underestimate the power of Asgard! Dragon's Bravest Blizzard!"

He shoved his hands out, sheer destruction coming from them... but Poseidon's dragon shirked not, the attack harmlessly vanishing near her and reappearing elsewhere.

"Pointless... I can kill you all with the power of 'One World'," Charybdis remarked. She didn't expect for Sigurd to smirk at the phrase.

"'One World'?" he repeated, "I thought the stories of the power to fold space, given to Poseidon's finest, were just stories..."

"They're not," Charybdis answered as she charged, punching straight at Sigurd, who held his ground. Her fist hit head-on, yet she screamed in agony as she felt her entire right arm and that part of her Scale shatter as Sigurd kicked her away.

Sigurd suddenly seemed even more confident than ever as he pointed at her. "Unfortunately, I possess considerably more defensive powers than you could ever hope to imagine..." His finger moved down, pointing just at the still-reeling Charybdis's feet.

"Won't work," Sea Dragon flatly stated.

Sigurd shook his head. "On the contrary, without your Scale in pristine condition, I'm betting One World won't work. Odin Sword!" A white beam shot from his finger into the ground, suddenly shooting up all around Charybdis, who could only scream at the indescribable pain. She collapsed on the ground, close to death as he turned to the final pillar. Seeing Fenrir on the ground in a bloody heap stopped him, however, as he reached over and picked up the discarded sapphire and then charged at the pillar. With one strike from his hand, a hairline fracture appeared, and the final pillar fell.

"Sigurd," Hagan called out as he came into view. "Are we finished here?"

Sigurd nodded as he walked away from the bloodshed. "Yes. Judging by that Odin Sapphire in your hand, Cecil whatever-his-name is dead, correct?"

"Close enough," Hagan answered. "Same with Volsung?"

"The same. Well... this was fast..." Sigurd mused as they walked away together, "Hilda'll be relieved."

"Very much so."
_
It was dark... that was all Fenrir could see... and the void seemed to swallow him up for so long... and then he found himself suddenly in... a courthouse?

"Final four deaths of the Atlantis Massacre," read off a man wearing a pure-black suit of armor with a whip in his hand, "Fenrir Volsung, Cecil Bodu, Charybdis Tiamet, and Isaac Krylov... this is interesting sirs..."

Fenrir tried to move, tried to speak... tried to actually just LOOK around him, but his body and every muscle in it failed. Instead he could only hear what three men were saying.

"They're dead, that's been established..."

"Sure," said the second, "But I mean, their conditions are proper for the Trial of 108 Fates..."

"Minos, you can't follow Aiacos on this," the first again.

"Radamanthys, you're crazy!" Aiacos this time. "We don't usually do it, considering how badly their bodies are damaged, but we've let people in worse conditions take the challenge. Some of them even pass and go back!"

"I agree with Aiacos on this," the third, Minos, said. "I get the deciding vote, and I do say, that these four deserve a shot at this."

Then everything went black again.
_
Slowly, everything came into focus again as Fenrir looked around, seeing Cecil on one side and a boy with green hair and a gouged out eye as well as Charybdis on the other.

Then he suddenly realized there was somebody in front of him. He looked up, seeing a boy that couldn't be any more than fourteen standing there, shaggy brown hair hanging loose, and wearing a simple outfit of a green T-shirt and white pants.

"Hi," he said, waking the others up. "I'm Hades."
_
When we were young the future was so bright...
The old neighborhood was so alive.
And every kid on the whole damn street,
Was gonna make it big in every beat!

Now the neighborhood's cracked and torn.
The kids are grown up but their lives are worn.
How can one little street
Swallow so many lives?

Chances thrown, nothing's free
Longing for used to be.
Still it's hard, hard to see
Fragile lives, shattered dreams!

Jenny had a chance, well she really did...
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids.
Mark still lives at home cause he's got no job,
He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot.

Jay committed suicide. Brandon OD'd and died.
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!
The cruelest dream - reality!

Chances thrown, nothing's free
Longing for, what used to be.
Still it's hard, hard to see.
Fragile lives shattered dreams.