Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I was expecting something more..." Fenrir started to say as he stared at the swirling whirlpool in front of the seven God Warriors. They were all standing at the edge of a cliff, the ocean a few feet below them.

"What? Just because you're a God Warrior now, Volsung," Alberich said as Sigurd and Hagan jumped down into it, "You act like everything will be easy. Swallow your damn 'alpha dog' pride and go for it. You're nothing but the Epsilon dog now... in more ways than one."

Next, Thor in his serpent-like armor and Alberich jumped in too. Cecil went off on his own, leaving Fenrir with Mime.

"God Warrior of Benetnash Eta, right?" Fenrir started to say, "Which big family are you from?"

Mime walked past him without answering, opting to enter the portal to Poseidon's domain on his own.

Lot of friendly people here... Fenrir thought sarcastically as he prepared to follow the others, but a barking caused him to turn. He saw a number of his wolves, the green one in the lead, running towards him. Fenrir dropped down and smiled at them. "Hey, I won't be gone for more than a day at the very worst," Fenrir said.

The green one licked his hand playfully and Fenrir smiled at it.

"Garm, be a good boy and keep them in line, okay?"

Garm happily barked, and Fenrir turned and walked away. It was about time to get this over with.
_
Thetis had just passed through the central temple of Poseidon when a bright light shined above her, and a strong force knocked her down. When she could actually see again, she saw seven men standing before her in different colored armors.

"Are you a Mariner?" asked the one wearing the armor of a dragon. She nodded. "We have suspicion to believe that Poseidon may be planning an invasion of Asgard. We are here to speak with him personally." He moved towards the temple, but Thetis ran in front of him.

"You can't do that!" she said as she flung up her arms as if she could stop all seven of them. "The temple is off limits to all until Poseidon's next reincarnation is found!"

"A likely excuse," Sigurd said as he approached her and threw her out of the way. Before taking another step, coral suddenly sprouted all around his legs. The Dubhe Alpha God Warrior turned and snarled at Thetis. "Stop it."

"No, and I'll fight you if I have to!" Thetis stated defiantly, amazed to see Sigurd smile at the concept.

"That's what I'm hoping for." He raised a single hand and pointed the palm at Thetis. "Dragon's Bravest Blizzard."
_
Isaac had just been donning his Scale when he heard the explosion, and it was gigantic.

It came from the temple! he thought as he suddenly heard Sea Dragon's voice again.

"Isaac!" she appeared in front of him again, looking as panicked as he was sure he was. "We're under attack!"

"From who?" he asked.

"Hilda's God Warriors."
_
"Anything?" Hagan asked as Thor and Mime came out of the temple. They both shook their heads.

"What now, glorious leader?" Alberich asked Sigurd, who immediately answered.

"Hagan, handle the North Pacific!" Sigurd commanded as he began heading to the South Pacific pillar. "Alberich, deal with the Antarctic! Mime, handle whoever is at the South Atlantic! Thor, take down the Indian Ocean pillar! Fenrir, Cecil, do what you can against the North Atlantic and Arctic ones, Hagan and I will be there as soon as we can!"

Then suddenly they were all gone, and Fenrir and Cecil were stuck next to the burnt remains of the killed Thetis, the others already heading off for their fights.

"Do we really have any choice?" Cecil asked as he headed towards the Arctic.

"Not really," Fenrir muttered as he took the path to the remaining pillar... that of Sea Dragon.
_
These Atlantians think they can hide the truth from us, Sigurd thought, But we'll find Poseidon somewhere...

The battle would surely be over quickly, and he quickly found himself in front of the South Pacific Pillar... easy pickings for him.

Atlantis possessed eight pillars that held up the oceans, one for each ocean as well as one for the temple, what was known as "Main Breadwinner" due to the fact it could hold the oceans up on its own. Yet Poseidon loved his Mariners and his precious pillars above all else, and Sigurd was sure that destroying a few pillars and killing a few people would convince the sea god to show himself.

Sigurd pulled back for a punch, but stopped when he saw a maiden wearing a white robe praying before it.

"Woman, stand aside, for I will not wait another moment," Sigurd yelled. She stood up and turned...

... And Sigurd suddenly was tackled by a giant snake.

"You dare invade our sacred domain?" the woman asked as her robe vanished, replaced by the orange and yellow armor of a Sea General. "You chose the wrong enemy today, God Warrior, for you face Calypso Tiamet, Scylla of the South Pacific!"
_
"There," Thor said as the giant reached the North Pacific pillar. He raised his hand up, a war-hammer appearing in it... the sacred hammer Mjollnir. "One good strike should..."

"Stop!" shouted a dark-skinned man as the Sea General appeared to fight him, a golden spear in his hand. "You will not get past Chrysaor Krishna of the Indian Ocean-"

Thor paid no attention to him. He just threw Mjollnir through the idiot's head, spilling quite a bit of blood before slamming into the pillar, shattering the entirety of it.
_
"Megrez Delta," came a familiar voice as Alberich reached the Antarctic Pillar, "Why are you here?"

He turned, seeing Lady Hilda standing there. "My Lady..." Alberich started to say, a confused look on his face, "What are you doing here?"

"There's been a terrible mistake," she said with a worried look, "Please, we must leave Atlantis with the other God Warriors before it's too late!" She reached for his hand, taking it. She looked him straight in the eye. "Please, Alberich..."

Then Megrez Delta Alberich impaled her with his crystal sword, the illusion ending instantly as Hilda morphed into a pale man wearing the Scale of a Sea General.

"Your magic tricks don't work on me," Alberich said as he walked away from the man. "Now would you pleasure me with your name before I take your life?"

The man struggled to speak as he coughed up blood, "Ca... Casa... the Lymnades... of the Antarctic Pill..."

He never finished. Mercilessly, Alberich had cut the namesake pillar to fall and crush Casa.
_
Easy enough, Mime thought as he stared at the South Atlantic Pillar before readying his trusty lyre. He pulled back to perform the first note in the pillar's requiem song, but a haunting and beautiful sound came to his ears.

"I see you too have a musical motif..." came a light-blue haired boy with piercing blue eyes. He spun his flute in his hand before pointing it at Mime. "I am Sorrento, the Siren of the South Atlantic. May I request a duel of musicians?"

Mime smirked at his opponent. "Surely. But know my music is not merely to ease one's soul." He strummed a single cord, strings shooting out of his lyre and launching themselves at Sorrento. The Mariner responded by letting out a single note out of his flue, the power behind that single note repelling Mime's attack.

"Very good," Mime said as the two began circling each other, the lethal musical power of one being matched by the skill of the other. "Unfortunately, you have only encountered half of my power.

Sorrento stared defiantly at Mime as they continued, but then Mime opened his mouth again, and out poured for a wordless song that would make even Sorrento's patron creature full of hatred and jealousy.

And then Sorrento's eyes opened wide in shock as both he and his pillar simply shattered.
_
"Halt!" shouted a strong voice as Hagan saw his opponent appear before him. The Mariner seemed powerful and confident, but Hagan knew better.

Without saying anything, Hagan punched out, a gigantic stream of fire blasting at the Mariner, incidentally Baian the Sea Horse of the North Pacific, and destroying the pillar.
_
"Please... no..." Sea Dragon whispered as a single tear fell from each of her eyes.

Casa, Krishna, Baian, Sorrento... they were all dead, their pillars destroyed. All that remained was the South Pacific, North Atlantic, and Arctic...

"Mariner!" came a voice. She turned down to see a God Warrior wearing a blue God Robe standing there, ready for battle.

"You are dirt," she said as she removed her helmet, throwing it aside. Her long strands of pink hair flowed free, and her red eyes glared at Fenrir. "You come here and kill so many people... well there are still Mariners that draw breath, and you unfortunately challenged the strongest... Charybdis Tiamet."
_
As Cecil continued his run towards the Arctic pillar, he suddenly slipped and stumbled on the ground. He looked, to see a Mariner with green hair and his left eye milky white, gouged out from some past incident, standing before him.

"Get up," Isaac said plainly. "Get up so I can kill you."
A/N: No, the other big battles will not go this fast. And yes, I know fans of the show are freaking out considering the God Warriors were supposedly weaker than the Mariners. It's not important, this is AU.