Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Returning to the waiting area, Fenrir wasn't surprised to see Cecil and Charybdis sitting with their backs against the wall, preferring to keep a distance apart.

"Well, I made it," he said before sitting down next to Cecil. The God Warrior looked over at him for a moment before speaking up.

"Fenrir... you weren't abandoned until you were three, right?"

"Yeah," Fenrir answered. "Not until three."

"Do you remember anything from before then?"

Fenrir nodded. "Plenty. I was young, but it kinda sticks in your memory when the other fourteen years involved you running around with a wolf pack. If it weren't for those memories, I'd probably would have seriously thought I was a wolf. Why ask?"

"Dunno," Cecil sighed. "It's just, what was life like for you before then. Would you ever want it back?"

Fenrir shook his head. "Of course not. True, the Volsung family had been pretty rich, but first of all, nothing compared to the Bodu or Polaris families."

"Don't remind me," Cecil muttered, recalling his own birth mother.

"Or me either," Charybdis added from across the room. "I'd personally like to torture Hilda's little sister in front of her, just so that bitch knows how it feels..."

"No arguments here," Fenrir agreed. "But no, Cecil. When you spend your days in some rich, fantastic home where every duty is fulfilled by servants, and image is everything, it's not life. It's a waste of living. I don't know about you, since you didn't have anyone to support or worry about, but-"

"Point taken," the Alcor Zeta God Warrior interrupted. "Living on my own out there in the wilderness of Asgard, I taught myself quite a bit. Languages from eavesdropping on travelers, writing, reading, I can even do quite a bit of knitting if the need were to arise. See this?" He pointed to his own raggy outfit. "It's not that fantastic, but I did have to make it from the fibers of tree bark."

"Living on the edge of chaos," Charybdis mused. Fenrir and Cecil turned to her. Charybdis looked at them and shrugged. "What, you never looked into that sort of thing?" The looks she was getting told the twenty-one year old she had some explaining to do. "It's the idea that in order for anything to exist and remain existing, monotony has to be avoided, meaning change is necessary. But there's a point called the 'edge of chaos', where if you drift to close to it, then the change happens to fast. Society and individuals can't keep up with it, and they quickly fall into ruin. Likewise, steer clear of the edge, and it's like trapping somebody in a coffin. They're fine at first, but if you don't introduce some change, oxygen for instance, they die. Only at this edge can the world progress and improve upon itself."

"I didn't know you were quite the philosopher," Cecil chuckled. Chary didn't seem bothered, though.

"When you're the highest ranking and older Mariner, you're often the one that people ask for advice." She closed her eyes once, recalling how every one of them was dead except for Isaac...

She hoped that the Kraken would make it through.
_
Gordon Cratos, the Minotaur of the Celestial Solid Star towered over Isaac as the Mariner faced him, Scale missing and in the land of the living.

"You think you're such a big boy, don't you?" Isaac asked. Gordon didn't answer, instead slamming down with his hand into the ground. Isaac sprang away at the last second, shocked to see a gigantic cut in the ground where he had been a second ago.

"The Grand Axe Grinder," Gordon laughed, looking at his hand. "Certain soldiers of the gods are empowered with a sacred weapon, its essence flowing through their veins. As for me... the tremendous axe, Geatz, is my gift from Lord Hades's previous incarnation."

"Speaking of which," Isaac said, not fazed in the slightest, "What happens to Valentine? He's a Specter, but is he human or..."

"'Specter' is our title, not our state of existence," Gordon said as he readied for another strike. "We're human just like God Warriors and Saints and Mariners, meaning we can die."

"Then you won't like the cold then," Isaac said as he shot his hand out. "Aurora Borealis!"

Again the stream of cold air and ice shot out of his fist, coating Gordon in a thin layer, but the Specter quickly broke out and then tackled Isaac. He reached up for the killing blow, but Isaac kicked him off and rolled back to his feet.

"I trained for this in the icy domain of Cocytus," he said. "I can understand now why those that rebel against the gods and live to tell the tale don't go there... its because the gods respect them enough that they just don't deserve it."

"You don't seem that shaken by it," Gordon pointed out. Isaac shrugged.

"It's because I did some thinking and besides, I'm the Kraken of the Arctic Ocean, I was in my element. And in order for one to truly be a master of ice, one must know its properties... its abilities endowed to it by two little hydrogen atoms and one bigger oxygen one. Specifically its ability to retain heat."

"Are we talking about ice here?" Gordon asked, confused by all of this.

Isaac nodded. "Of course. Igloos can be quite toasty given enough time, so I made one for myself... I was quite the big man in Cocytus... it ended up only being thirty below zero... that's Summer weather for me."

"Whatever!" Gordon said as he sprang at Isaac. "You're still dead!" He stabbed forward...

... And fell flat on his face. He discovered around him, there was a white ring of mist, created no doubt by Isaac.

"'Kholiso'," Isaac answered as he looked down at Gordon, who was struggling in vain. "It's Russian for 'Circle'. And now I think it's time I deal with you."

Gordon was so cold... he couldn't even think straight and refused to believe that Isaac had lifted him up with one hand, yet he certainly did and then pulled back for an uppercut.

"In Russia, the snow plows you," Isaac half-joked as he slammed his fist into Gordon, shattering the Specter's helmet. As he pulled back for another punch, Isaac suddenly appeared with an intense look on his face. "Now, face the greatest attack of Isaac Krylov, the Kholodnyi Smerch!" Isaac punched up again, this time sending Gordon flying into the air where a gigantic cyclone appeared around him and then froze instantly.

And then shattered, killing Gordon in the process.

Isaac turned and walked back, knocking on the door and letting Cecil know it was his turn to fight.