Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Burn your Cosmo now!
Embrace the power of your soul...
To the limit of the stars
Make that miracle become true!

Maybe we will fail,
We will learn to feel the pain.
But it's the cost to reach the brand new day!

Great Wolf Fantasy, it's not just in your mind!
Bare your fangs, draw the line,
And fight with all the strength you know!

Garou Densetsu! All young warriors...
Garou Densetsu! New heroes will come... Oh yeah!
Garou Densetsu! Alioth Epsilon will lead you!
Garou Densetsu! Right now! Fly away!


"Great Bear Way" start
Sorrento Avenged! Isaac's clash against music!

The snow was falling softly as Hagan and Freya sat atop a hillside, staring down at what had collectively been known as the "Great Bear Way", the path across the seven houses of the families that usually assumed the roles as God Warriors, the families of Alamaric, Bodu, Volsung, Nibelung, Jormungandr, Sleipnir, and Siegfried, before reaching Valhalla, where the Polaris daughters lived.

"Look at it," Freya said as they looked at the landscape... sparse resources in such a place. "Having to scrape out a living here..."

"That's going to change, though," Hagan said as he put a hand on Freya's shoulder. "Now that Hilda has the Odin Robe... we can truly carve out a legacy here. And with the reincarnation of Poseidon being the only god that should awaken in the months to come and the destruction of Atlantis... Asgard will rule..."

"Yes, dear," Freya said as she turned and smiled at him. They kissed, not noticing four figures running through towards the path... the only survivors of the Atlantis massacre...
_
"Any idea what the Benetnash Eta God Warrior is like?" Charybdis asked as she ran towards the first house in the Great Bear Way with the others. They had only been revived a few hours, but the burning anger they all shared for Polaris killed all desires to delay the confrontation.

Scales and God Robes, they lacked. But Chary had the intuition to suspect they would return when they proved themselves... hopefully as soon as possible. Having no armor was not good going up against God Warriors.

"No clue," Cecil answered. "We didn't really talk to him much, and he seemed more isolated from the God Warriors than even Fenrir and me."

"He certainly did a number to Sorrento and the South Atlantic pillar, though," Isaac muttered, "We're not going to get any easy fights... with any of them..."

"Especially Sigurd," Fenrir added. "I can't believe that guy took you down instantly, Chary." He then took a hard hit to the back of the head, sent by the only female in the group.

"That name is one only Isaac can call me by," Charybdis stated. "We're working together on this, nothing more."

At long last reaching the entrance door, Cecil bowled it over with a punch, and the four looked inside, utterly taken aback by what they saw.

Wreckage... a great hall that had been completely ruined... tables and walls cracked in innumerable places... and then the beautiful music cascading in...

Mime slowly walked in, occupied by his music. "Alberich, I thought I said-" He stopped, however, when he saw Fenrir, Isaac, Charybdis, and Cecil standing in the entrance. "You..."

"I've got a favor to return to Sigurd and Polaris," Chary said as she looked at Mime, with Isaac, Fenrir, and Cecil already preparing to attack. "Stand aside, God Warrior, or you're a dead man."

Mime smirked as he turned and walked away. "I have no desire to fight you all at once... Go on ahead."

Fenrir looked confused and began to speak when Mime stopped him.

"Well? First door on your left! Leave me alone with my music, dammit!"

Fenrir cautiously walked up to the door, Charybdis, Cecil, and Isaac all keeping an eye on Mime. Fenrir gripped the doorknob and opened it...

"STRINGER REQUIEM!" Mime screamed out, turning to stare at them with a sadistic look on his face. Out of nowhere, millions... no... billions of strings shout out of every conceivable corner and door at the four of them, instantly binding all of them as Mime laughed. "You complete idiots... like you could do anything to me in the first place?" Mime walked down the stairs, looking at all of them as his God Robe appeared before him, a second small lyre that broke into pieces of armor. "I'm Mime Alamaric, God Warrior of the Benetnash Eta star!"

He plucked a string on his lyre, the strings tightening instantly, screams escaping from all four of his captives.

"Useless, useless, useless," Mime laughed again...

Before suddenly they froze and fell to pieces, Isaac grinning as he stepped forward to face the shocked Mime. He turned to the others, his one good eye looking straight at Charybdis. "You guys... go on ahead. This won't take long, I hope."

Charybdis, Cecil, and Fenrir ran through the door, Mime lunging at them.

"HELL NO, KOLISO!" The freezing circle entrapped Mime and caused him to stumble as he heard the three's footsteps grow fainter and fainter, until they were gone.

"Just you and me now... and I'll pay you back for what you did to Sorrento," Isaac said as he dropped into a fighting stance, Mime breaking free and glaring at Isaac.

"'What I did to Sorrento?'" Mime repeated as he stood back up, readying his lyre. "Ah... the flutist. He was an easy one to kill."

"You shouldn't be talking about taking lives like that!" Isaac shouted, pointing accusingly at Mime. "He was a good man, and plenty better than you!"

"I'm sure," Mime answered as he began playing a beautiful song on his instrument, "But this is your requiem... you're as good as dead!"

Again the strings shot out of everywhere, but Isaac held his ground. As the attacks came straight at him, he hunched down and sprang up in an uppercut, spinning in the air. "Kholodnyi Smerch!"

Again the strings froze and shattered, and Mime was surprised when Isaac was charging right at him, punching hard in the face.

Mime went sliding back a few yards before getting back to his feet, scowling at the Mariner that was without his Scale.

"After dealing with Minos's strings... yours are a joke," Isaac answered.

Mime spat at him before regaining his composure. "'Minos', eh? Don't know exactly who he might be... but..." Mime stopped to sing a single beautiful word, and Isaac's eyes opened wide in shock.

And then he felt like his chest had exploded... and the blood bursting from it was certainly proof enough. He slammed into a wall, vision hazy.

"I'll kill who I wish," Mime answered.

"It's not right!" Isaac shouted, getting back to his feet before Mime sang another word, Isaac screaming in pain.

"You say it's against justice, but you lie..." Mime shook his head as Isaac tried to get to his feet again. "My parents had just been commoners in Asgard... my father slighted the famous head of the Alamaric house, Folker." Mime clenched his teeth and fists before letting another word escape from his throat, Isaac's screams even greater as he was coated in his own blood. "HE KILLED MY FATHER! HE KILLED MY MOTHER! AND THEN HE RAISED MY AS HIS OWN SON, BUT TREATED ME LIKE DIRT! AND THE FIRST THING I DID UPON BECOMING A GOD WARRIOR WAS KILL HIM JUST LIKE I'M DOING TO YOU!"

A fourth beautiful note came out, and Isaac was afterwards left as a twitching mass on the ground.

Dammit... Isaac thought. I can't do anything...

But you're Kraken Isaac! A sweet voice brought him back into focus... Thesis's...

"Thetis..." Isaac muttered, trying to get back to his feet.

You're Kraken Isaac, Mariner of the Arctic Ocean! You've faced tragedy yourself, but you never fell to hatred! The world needs you, and you need to fight on for all of us dead Mariners! Raise your fist against injustice Isaac... fight on in memory of me!

"Thetis..." Isaac growled as he turned and glared at Mime. He moved to sing another note, but Isaac would have nothing of it. "AURORA BOREALIS!"

The icy stream hit dead on, slamming Mime into a wall and causing the God Warrior to drop his lyre as well. As he stood up, he saw Isaac standing strong. Bloody, yes... but strong nonetheless.

"You weakling!" Isaac shouted accusingly, "Exacting that kind of revenge only leaves you dead inside! Folker certainly wasn't a wonderful man, but look at this place! All your hatred has destroyed everything here!"

An orange light appeared around him, and Mime was awestruck as he saw an odd figurine descending as well...

It looked like a strange marine animal... a manta ray. It automatically broke off into pieces, assembling onto Isaac, with two down-swept wing-like fins on the back.

Consider it a gift from me and Casa... Thesis's voice said. The Kraken Scale was altered in our repair of it... that's why it looks different. But remember Isaac... you're always Kraken, defender of justice!

Isaac, again wearing the magnificent Scale of the Arctic, nodded once as tears fell from his right eye. "Thank you... thank you Thetis!"

Mime clenched his fists as he got back up, shaking his fist in complete fury.

"YOU BASTARD!" Mime shouted. "Stop this, dammit! Justice doesn't exist... all there is in the end are hopeless rotten men and women that kill for whatever reasons they care for!"

"No," Isaac answered. "People can be terrible, and I've been touched by tragedy... but I had a good friend once, who loved his mother more than anything. Whenever I see somebody like you, I remember Hyoga Camus... a friend moved by nothing but love! I'll fight for that kind of world till my last dying breath, and I will stop Polaris!" He pulled back for a punch as Mime readied to kill him with a word from his voice and a note from his lyre.

"DIE FOR YOUR BELIEFS!" Mime pulled back for the lethal act... but Isaac struck first... charging at Mime with unbelievable speed.

"AURORA BOREALIS!"

The icy blast hit Mime again, and the God Warrior's eyes went wide as his God Robe shattered, as did his lyre. His skin turned pale-blue, the entire house freezing over from Isaac's power, and he stumbled forward as Isaac walked away.

I... I lost... Mime thought as everything went dark. Father... mother... I'm sorry. I... He... The world is a terrible place and I could not see otherwise... But Kraken... Have faith in the Kraken. He will make the world the way it should be... he will fight against injustice!

Mime's eyes closed one last time as Isaac ran after the others, his new Scale shining brightly.