Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Syd and Cecil! The truth of the Bodu heirs!

Hilda smiled as she reached out and stroked the Odin Robe, a magnificent, crystalline-sapphire suit of armor along with the legendary spear Gunning... armor that would give a god's power to a mortal.

And it was hers... hers!

But suddenly a jolt hit her, and she looked down to the seven Odin Sapphires in her ringed left hand... the Benetnash Eta sapphire had darkened... that would only mean one thing.

Someone was trying to stop her.
_
Cecil, Charybdis, and Fenrir continued running through the snow, the next house in the Great Bear Way coming into view when there suddenly was a great red flash from the sky. They looked up to see the North Star, Polaris, burning red...

"Coincidence?" Chary asked, but Cecil and Fenrir shook their heads.

"No way," Fenrir answered. "They know we're here."

"But there's one less of them to worry about now, too!"

Cecil, Fenrir, and Chary turned to see Isaac standing there in all his glory, new Scale shining orange and yellow brightly.

"A final farewell from Thetis," Isaac said as he smiled. "Now what are we waiting for, we've got six more houses to get through!" He ran off, the others following immediately.

After a short sprint, they finally reached the doors, and Charybdis knocked them down with one Kairyunagi.

"Nice to know they're not all slobs," Charybdis said as they looked around, seeing that the house, although completely vacated, lived up to the Bodu legacy...

... The interior was completely made up of precious gems and metals, with two hallways accessible in the main hall.

The God Warriors and Mariners exchanged glances before they split up, Chary and Isaac running down the right hall while Cecil and Fenrir ran down the left.

... However, they did not notice the two figures jumping down from the ceiling after them... one wearing the dark-green God Robe of the Mizar Zeta star, the other wearing armor that was sculpted the same, although white as snow.

Without words, they pursued, green going after Cecil and Fenrir, white after Charybdis and Isaac.
_
"This hall keeps on going!" Fenrir groaned as he and Cecil continued running, windows showing they were on the edge of a cliff on their left, before a doorway came into view. "Spoke too soon then." He reached for the door, but a hauntingly familiar voice called out.

"Both of you, stop right where you are!"

Cecil and Fenrir turned around and their eyes opened wide...

"That explains why I'm not the Mizar Zeta God Warrior..." Cecil said quietly as he saw the figure standing before them...

The God Warrior removed the helmet, to show how his hair fit with his face... nearly a spitting image of Cecil. "It's about time I wipe the only evidence of dirty little splotch in the Bodu family history off the face of the planet... brother..."

Syd Bodu grinned... he was a God Warrior now, and his brother wasn't. Without waiting for either of the two to move, he attacked.

"VIKING TIGER CLAW!"
_
"Alright! No trouble at all!" Isaac cheered as he kicked down the door at the end of the hall, the exit within their reach now. Chary and he ran for the door, but were suddenly blasted back as a figure appeared from the shadows. It seemed frighteningly familiar...

"Cecil?" Isaac asked confused, seeing armor that looked exactly like the Mizar Zeta God Robe standing before him... except it was white and nobody was in it.

Suddenly Charybdis snapped her fingers. "I get it now."

"What?" Isaac asked as he turned to her.

"All this confusion about 'Alcor Zeta' and 'Mizar Zeta' with Cecil... I understand."
_
"You see, dear brother..." Syd chuckled as he held both Fenrir and Cecil in chokeholds, both of them gashed up badly from just his initial attack. "There are actually two stars located in the 'Zeta' spot in Ursa Major, Mizar Zeta is the one that actually is in line with the other stars. But there's another star practically next to it... astronomers call it a 'binary star'... it's name is Alcor Zeta, and fittingly, there are God Robes for each of these stars."

"So while I was the Mizar Zeta, you were Alcor Zeta, no?" Cecil asked before Syd threw Fenrir across the hallway and then pummeled him in the gut.

"CORRECT!" Syd shouted at his bloody brother, "But when the true Mizar Zeta God Warrior loses his position, the Alcor Zeta God Warrior instead takes his place. As a result, I have the combined power of two stars of Ursa Major empowering me... they each may be low on the totem pole, but together they make me on-par with the big three of Sigurd, Hagan, and Thor!"

"LIKE HELL! DEAD HOWLING!" Fenrir roared as he came back into view. His arm was pulled back for a punch, the image of a wolf pack right behind him...

"Idiot," Syd scoffed as he punched Cecil once in the gut again to stun him and then watched Fenrir's approach. As Fenrir struck, Syd casually caught the punch and enjoyed seeing the horror in Fenrir's eyes. "The Alioth Epsilon whelp... I have no time in my day to torture you... so goodbye! MOKO REPPU SHIDEN KEN!"

The fist slammed into Fenrir's face, and his entire world went black as he was smashed through the window to fall to his death.

"FENRIR!" Cecil shouted as he struggled to get back to his feet, but Syd kicked him in the side.

"I hate you brother... you ruined everything!"

"I'm only your half-brother," Cecil corrected as he pulled out the two golden daggers... one of which Syd had given to him as a child when they didn't know each other's identities.

Syd smirked as he walked away, as if giving Cecil an opening.

"Wrong... our mother bore both of us from that Japanese millionaire in that damned affair. But the Bodu family cannot have twins... so one of us went to rest in our mother's arms... the other to die in the forests of Asgard. But imagine... that the wild White Tiger of Asgard was more worthy to be a God Warrior than Syd Bodu!" He turned, blowing by Cecil instantly, more lacerations appearing on his body.
_
"REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!"

"AURORA BOREALIS!"

Ice and ripple slammed into the Alcor Zeta armor, but the armor simply held its ground as the attacks were bounced back at their creators. Isaac and Chary withstood the attacks without too much difficulty, but they were wasting time here...

Charybdis shook her head as she told Isaac to hold off attacking. When asked why, her answer was unusual.

"This armor isn't our target."

"What?"

"It's the force controlling this armor..." She closed her eyes, relaxing and thanking Poseidon for the fact that the armor was merely standing there. She would never be able to do this otherwise.

Poseidon... she prayed silently, Please... please... I cannot do this without you. The power of One World I am able to use now is impressive, but useless against somebody I cannot see. Please... return my Scale so we can stop Polaris.

Her eyes snapped open and she looked at Isaac. "Okay. I'm doing this. Don't get involved."

She pulled back for a punch and charged, striking out and aiming right at the hole where the face should be.
_
Syd laughed sadistically as he brutalized Cecil, beating him left and right like a rag doll. Best of all, Syd knew all of Cecil's techniques, so any counter-attack would be impossible. He then playfully plucked the daggers from his brother's hands as he lay sprawled out on the ground and twirled them in his hands.

"Oh well... time to die!" He stabbed down...

...But then a fist literally popped out of nowhere and punched him in the face. He staggered back, dropping the daggers, confused.
_
"Alright!" Charybdis said as the Alcor Zeta armor fell apart, her Scale once again on her body. It even seemed better... it was lighter and more streamlined. She looked at Isaac and then slammed the door down. Two houses down, five to go.

Little did they notice that the Alcor Zeta armor began shaking and moving again as they left...
_
Syd wiped the blood from his mouth as he regained his composure, seeing Cecil on his feet again. He couldn't believe it.

"You weakling," Cecil said as he pointed accusingly at Syd. "You had everything in your entire life! The last time I met you, I did feel a little resentment at the luxuries you were given, but you had no say in that, as I had no say in being dumped down in the forests of Asgard! And here I see you now; consumed with hatred for a brother you once helped, even if you didn't know who he was! What the hell happened to you, Syd?"

"YOU HAPPENED!" Syd roared back. "The fact that YOU became the Mizar Zeta God Warrior while I became Alcor Zeta was proof enough that the Bodu family had two children, and that meant it certainly wasn't the master of the house that had donated the Y chromosomes for that!"

"Like I give a damn!" Cecil shot back as a white light suddenly burst around him. Syd covered his eyes to avoid being blinded, but when it died down, he was sure he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Cecil was standing there, wearing the God Robe of Alcor Zeta.

"I think it's time I take you down!" Cecil shouted as he charged.

Syd's jaw dropped as Cecil stood in front of him wearing the Alcor Zeta armor... the white God Robe of a tiger being worn by the Asgardian that had been referred to as the "White Tiger"...

Bloody coincidental, if you as me, Syd snorted before shrugging. Claws popped out of his gauntlets and he lunged.

"VIKING TIGER CLAW!"

Cecil held his ground, arms raised, but Syd was certain his brother would take the full brunt of the attack.

He slashed down... but Cecil vanished right in front of him. Syd stumbled forward, turning as his blood ran cold.

"SHADOW VIKING TIGER CLAW!"

Cecil's strike connected with Syd's side, dark red splotches appearing where his hands had struck through Syd's armor.

"Dammit," Syd growled as he got back up to his feet. He seriously couldn't have gained that much power from the Alcor Zeta Robe... could he? It doesn't even have an Odin Sapphire!

Cecil grinned before his brother was on him almost instantly, fist slamming into the wall where the Alcor Zeta warrior had been seconds before and smashing the entirety of the wall to splinters. Guessing his brother had ducked, Syd kicked up, enjoying the sound of Cecil's grunting before another kick, this time to the gut, sent Cecil flying into the interior of the Bodu household.

"So where exactly is everyone in this big house, rich-boy?" Cecil grunted out as he got back to his feet, seeing Syd charging.

"MOKO REPPU SHIDEN KEN!"

"ANKOKU MOKO REPPU SHIDEN KEN!"

Fist struck fist, the two tiger-themed fighters getting blasted back before charging again.

"You seriously have no hope, even with that God Robe," Syd snapped as he slashed down at Cecil, the latter catching the attack with one hand but not stopping Syd's other attacking hand.

Cecil grunted in pain as his stomach was impaled, a hole actually smashed through his armor before Syd threw him away and walked back to the hallway and looked out the hole Fenrir had been thrown out of.

"Hmm..." Syd muttered in an irritated manner as he took a look at the cliff face... "I was hoping to see a dead body at the bottom... that wolf-boy is certainly the luckiest bastard to have ever existed..." He moved to jump, but he turned just in time to dodge Cecil's kick.

"I take it back..." Syd sneered as he saw Cecil clutching his bloody stomach... the wound must not have been as serious as Syd had thought.

"Stand aside if you want to live, Syd," Cecil said as he pulled back for one final punch before his legs suddenly faltered. Syd smiled and lunged, ready to decapitate his brother, but then Cecil grinned.

"Black... IMPULSE!"

A blast of wind smashed into Syd from the side, and he panicked seeing this had been Cecils' plan... either let down his guard and be open to attack, or try to stop from getting shoved out the window to his death by grabbing hold of something...

But that one look of shock on Syd's eyes was really what Cecil had been waiting for, and he struck hard.

"Shadow Viking Tiger Claw!"

The attack seemed over before Cecil had even moved, his hands soaked in blood as Syd collapsed. Cecil looked at his brother once before turning and running after Charybdis and Isaac, shaking his head.

"It's tragic how some people fall from grace."
 
A/N: Yes, some things change very much… I decided Bud/Cecil needed a more cheerful personality that still knows that terrible things happen. We have Fenrir, who we'll see has a sadistic tendency in the next chapter, Isaac, who's the level-headed and cold one of the group, and Charybdis, who I consider “outside” the trio of three boys. So whereas the original Bud downright hated his brother, this version finds himself having to do something he wasn't proud of, but had to do anyways.