Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"There it is!" Isaac said as he and Charybdis stopped in front of house number three in the Great Bear Way, then noticing the incredible decay it was suffering. While the Alamaric house had been torn apart inside only, due to Mime's twisted aggression, and the Bodu household had been shimmering and pristine... the Volsung house was in considerable disrepair.

"Wait up!" came another voice as they turned to see somebody wearing the Alcor Zeta God Robe coming into view. He removed the white tiger helmet while sprinting towards them, and they relaxed seeing it was Cecil.

"Cecil," Isaac said as he ran up to him, looking around. "Where's Fenrir and what's with the armor?"

Cecil sighed and looked downcast at Fenrir's name, but quickly answered. "He fell... I'm pretty sure he's alive, but we really don't have time to stop. As for this... since Syd decided to wear my old armor, his was up for grabs. He paid for his brutality with his life, though."

"Fitting, no matter how morbid," Charybdis answered. "But as you yourself said... we don't have time. We've still got five houses to get through... and at least four God Warriors... including Sigurd."

"And Hagan..." Isaac answered.

All three nodded again and took off running in the snow.
_
Fenrir's eyes slowly opened... and he immediately shivered from the cold. Looking around, he almost gasped to see he was somehow floating in the air, but a quick look back showed him that his shirt had been caught on a tree branch...

... At least fifty feet above the ground.

"At least one god is looking out for me," Fenrir sighed as he noticed a few creatures below him. "Hey..." they were his wolves. Fenrir slammed his fist into the cliff and broke the twig, sliding down onto the ground with little more than a bit of reddening on his fist.

Catching his breath, Fenrir looked up at the sky... the North Star was still burning red, and the stars of Benetnash Eta and Mizar Zeta seemed a little dimmer than usual... he'd probably been out for at least fifteen minutes, probably half an hour.

Grinning, Fenrir knelt down and reached out to pet one of his wolves...

... And it bit him. It barked irritably, and Fenrir backed away, confused as a voice called out to him.

"I always was top dog before you came along... all it takes to make them follow you is to be the last one to back down, Volsung."

Fenrir looked around as his own wolves surrounded him, growling and biting at him if he got too close. But the ring was slowly closing around him, and the voice then began laughing.

"Such a shame, Volsung... you're going to die not knowing the truth... killed by your own dogs!"

The wolves all jumped at him, and a single tear fell down Fenrir's face.

"They're not my dogs," he whispered. His gaze then snapped upwards instantly, and in the same quiet voice, he announced his attack. "Dead Howling."

The wolves were blown away, blood spewing everywhere as Fenrir heard more laughter.

"Fantastic... truly fantastic, Fenrir... Asgard's wilderness and the Trial of 108 Fates has certainly hardened your heart and steeled your resolve."

A figure in green leapt from the trees down right in front of him, male, and with long, dark green hair...

And a green rendition of the Alioth Epsilon God Cloth.

"Garm Nachi, at your service," the figure said as he bowed sarcastically.

"Garm..." Fenrir said as his eyes opened wide. He took a step back, confused. "But that's... color... wolf..."

Garm chuckled as a visor snapped down from the circlet, hiding his eyes between two opaque orange lenses. "All part of the plan that Polaris has been working on for almost fourteen years."

"WHAT?!?"

"The Volsung family's demise, of course!" Garm answered. "You're going to die no matter what, so I feel no shame in telling you, but way back, a bit before your terrible accident, the Polaris family was in dire straights. Two daughters, both too young for marriage and the family coffers almost bare... so old man Polaris did the only thing sensible... sic a bear on the Volsungs that had happened to be going through the woods and then liquidate their assets!"

"You lie!" Fenrir shouted. "If that were the case, why am I still alive?!?"

Garm then let out a great laugh and charged, blowing by Fenrir almost instantly and drawing considerable blood from one strike. "That's the best part! I was changed into a wolf to keep an eye on you. If the Odin Robe would ever be needed, we needed the Alioth Epsilon God Warrior alive so it could be called forth... but now that it has and Hilda has your Odin Robe... I'll kill you just as easily as you killed your own wolves!"

He smiled sadistically as Fenrir clutched his bloody side, and then charged again.

"Remember this? You know, the WOLF CRUELTY CLAW!"

He blasted by Fenrir again, ripping his shirt to tatters as more blood reddened the snow. He laughed as Fenrir tried to get up, waiting until Fenrir was on both feet to charge again.

"YOU JUST DON'T GIVE UP, DO YOU!?! TIME TO DI-"

He was suddenly stopped, however, as Fenrir caught his hand and then got a good grip on Garm's throat.

"For your masquerade and what you made me do... I will not kill you until you crawl over to me and beg for mercy while kissing my foot!" Fenrir growled, kicking Garm into the cliff face. "BUSTER WOLF!"

Garm screamed in horror and sprang out of the way just in time, Fenrir's strike hitting where he had been only seconds before and splitting the cliff literally in two, the gap between big enough for the Bodu house to fall into it and be crushed by the fall.

This guy... Garm thought as panic overtook him, It's like he's motivated only by bitterness and hatred towards me... During my time as a wolf... his strength wasn't even a tenth of what it is now! What the hell happened to Fenrir to cause this?!?

Fenrir then slowly turned to face him, fists clenched. "Garm... you pushed all the wrong buttons on me... I'm not going to rest until I've paid you back in full. And by that, I mean I will rip you apart with my bare hands and grind your armor to dust. I don't want to be tainted by wearing that damn God Robe afterwards. So get ready, because it's time to DIE!"

Garm all but screamed in horror as he dodged Fenrir's single punch, the ground again quaking from the impact. He kicked Fenrir cleanly in the face, grinning as Fenrir reeled back...

But then he found himself hanging upside down.

Fenrir had grabbed his leg and proceeded to smash Garm's head onto the ground before flinging him into the cliff face.

"Come on, get up," Fenrir commanded as Garm pulled himself from the rocks, grimy and red from his blood. "You're such a joke..."

Garm then suddenly perked up at the comment, and then began slowly using his arms to trace something in the air.

What? Fenrir thought as he raised up his arms to defend himself. What's he doing? Suddenly Fenrir realized the circles he was tracing was meant to symbolize Ursa Major... and Garm pointed at the third one from Fenrir's right.

"ALIOTH EPSILON NO GAROU DENSETSU SEI!"

Fenrir couldn't even believe what had happened even a full minute afterwards... he was sprawled out on the ground, in a pool of his own blood, arm twitching slowly as Garm laughed sadistically.

"YOU IDIOT!" Garm laughed, seeing the shocked look on Fenrir's face. "You actually think you could be a God Warrior when there wasn't any chance of getting your God Robe back? I'm wearing it after all, right?"

"Garou... Densetsu..." Fenrir choked out, eyes wide in horror as Garm laughed again.

"You won't get up after that... the technique boils down to fifty punches the speed of Mach 1... a second. You're not dead... but you're damn near it." He started to walk away, laughing, when something hit the back of his head.

He turned around to see Fenrir standing there with a rock in his hand, and another one near Garm's feet.

"You toyed with me this whole fight, didn't you?" Fenrir growled, more dead than alive but still one bloody mass of vengeance.

"I toyed with you your entire life!" Garm barked out, again tracing out Ursa Major. "AND NOW YOU DIE, FOOL!"

His fist shot out, victory was his.

... Except Fenrir caught it.

"I won't be killed by the power of my patron star," Fenrir said quietly before slamming his fist into Garm's face, grinning as their blood mixed together on his enemy's face. His legs grew shaky, but he still stood. "I don't give a damn about anything else right now... you're going to die."

"Like hell... you're barely standing..." Garm scoffed.

"You're one to talk... and talk is cheap too."

"My sentiments exactly! Wolf Cruelty Claw!"

The attack blew by Fenrir quickly, and the former God Warrior sailed in the air before slamming into the rocks. Dammit... stopping that Garou Densetsu took too much out of me... or what's left. But he's gonna pay, I swear it!

Garm surged down on Fenrir, hands ready for the killing blow, but he found a rude awakening when a wolf-shaped Dead Howling blast slammed into his gut, causing his position to be compromised.

"DIE, BUSTER WOLF!" Fenrir slammed his fist out, but it bounced off Garm's chestplate effortlessly, also breaking it as well.

Garm breathed a sigh of relief as he stared down at Fenrir. If that hadn't failed like that... I'd be a dead man... "Looks like your patron star abandoned you for the new Alioth Epsilon God Warrior, Volsung..."

He pulled back for another punch, the lethal blow, but he stopped when he saw the look in Fenrir's eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you, give up already!" Garm screamed in frustration.

"No..." Fenrir said just as defiantly as ever, "I'm going to keep hope alive. And by doing that, I know I can win."

"Fat chance..." Garm chuckled as he raised his foot and slammed it into Fenrir's face. He went down, and Garm raised his foot up to do it again... sending his foot down with such merciless speed...

But Fenrir caught it. And then his hands moved so fast Garm couldn't see them...

But he felt the pain on the back of his foot.

The bastard... the bastard had ripped his Achilles tendon off. His balance grew shaky, and then Garm collapsed, head colliding with Fenrir's waiting fist.

"Keeping hope alive is all I needed!" Fenrir shouted proudly as he punched Garm in the face again and again before managing to get up. He grabbed hold of Garm's other leg and shattered the shin before kicking him again in the head. "So... have you kept your hope alive?!?"

Garm looked up in shock at seeing Fenrir standing there, and suddenly let out a panicked wail.

"NOOOOO!!! PLEASE, FENRIR, SPARE ME! I WAS A GOOD WOLF ALL THOSE YEARS, WASN'T I?!?" Tears streamed down his face, but Fenrir grinned as he extended out his shoe.

"Kiss it."

Garm did it without hesitation, suddenly realizing something. Words echoed in his mind, and his blood froze.

"I will not kill you until you crawl over to me and beg for mercy while kissing my foot."

"My god..."

"YOU'RE RIGHT! BUSTER WOLF!"

Fenrir triumphantly slammed his fist into Garm's back, enjoy it as he literally went to pieces. Panting, but feeling better, Fenrir wiped the blood from his face and ran off in the direction of Valhalla.

Three God Warriors down, four to go.
 
A/N: I have a tendency of making anti-heroic protagonists. True, Fenrir is capable of mercy and understanding… but push the wrong buttons, or all of them, and you're dead.