Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Charybdis furrowed her brow as she took the lead in the group, the view of the last house in the Great Bear Way before Valhalla coming into view at long last.

Sigurd... she thought, clenching her fists, I will kill you... I will break your arrogant power and crush you for what you did to Calypso! "I'm sure you two know to leave Sigurd to me, correct?" she asked to Fenrir and Cecil.

"Obviously. Just leave Polaris to us," Fenrir said.

"Agreed. Sooner we end this, the better." Cecil added.
_
Alberich smiled as he ran in pursuit of those four... stopping to admire their handiwork, or at least Isaac's.

Hagan was there, frozen in a giant block of ice and clearly dead.

They would be in a surprise though, soon enough.
_
"THERE IT IS!" Chary shouted as she saw the house right there, but a voice called out to her.

"Not another step, Sea Dragon!"

She looked up to see Sigurd standing on the rooftop, arrogantly looking at her in his own dragon-themed armor.

Chary smirked as she looked at him, making a short hop up before calling upon the full power of One World to appear right in front of a shocked Sigurd and punch him right in the face.

"Go on ahead! Stop Polaris!" Chary shouted to the two boys that had just reached the front door. "I don't care what happens, just kill that bitch!" She turned back to Sigurd, who was back on his feet without a scratch.

"Quite a bit stronger," Sigurd mused, "But still so much weaker than me." He charged, pulling back for a punch. Charybdis just stared at him and shook her head. "YOU DIE!"

"Then don't hit yourself," Chary suggested, bending the fabric of space itself so Sigurd's punch did just that before she kicked him away, knocking him into a bell tower. "REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!" She sent the ripple smashing right into him, knocking up a great amount of dust and rubble in the process. "Easy enough..."

But then her Scale suddenly fell to pieces, each fragment perfectly cut with incredible precision. Sigurd's voice echoed as he stepped out, still unharmed, shocking Charybdis.

"Hopeless." He pointed to his right hand, which had been outstretched as if to chop something. "Just like you're the vessel for the power of One World, I possess the mighty sword Gram in my right arm... the legendary sword of my namesake that killed the great dragon Fafnir. Afterwards, the mythical Sigurd bathed in Fafnir's blood and became invincible till the day he died. Your armor, both physical and One World-related, has been stripped from you now, Sea Dragon."

"That doesn't mean I'm calling it quits," Charybdis shot back. She then pointed straight at Sigurd hoping this next ploy would work for a little intimidation, "In fact... I know I'm going to kill you no matter what... and I'm pitting my empowerment against yours! Whoever survives this fight will inherit the power of the loser, that's what I say!"

Sigurd laughed. "The ultimate slap to the face to Poseidon, taking away One World."

"That won't happen," Charybdis said confidently. Looks like that backfired... but no reason to back down. "The power is called that because of its symbology. 'One World' represents how each part of this planet is connected, both physically and spiritually. And that is why Fenrir and the others are fighting against Hilda! To stop the power of the Odin Robe!"

"Hopeful, I'll grant you that," Sigurd said as he charged, "But without the defensive power of One World, it's curtains for you!" He slashed down with his hand, but Charybdis shot up and caught it with both her hands, kicking Sigurd twice in the chest and then once more in the face, knocking him back again. "Still don't feel a thing," he answered, pointing to Charybdis. "ODIN SWORD!"

A beam fired from his finger, hitting the ground underneath Charybdis and blasting her into the air, rubble smashing into her as well as energy, her screams permeating the wintry landscape. Sigurd then slammed into her, knocking her to the cold ground below them, enjoying the crater that formed when she hit the ground.

"You pathetic, weak woman," Sigurd said, noticing blood trickle from the crater, "Like you would have the power to stop me anyways?"

"Ca...lyp...so..." growled as she struggled to her feet, panting but eventually standing. She stared at Sigurd with intense eyes, her breathing slowing and eventually calm and regulated. "I will kill you, Sigurd. Mark my words."

"Impossible," Sigurd answered as he pointed at her again. Another Odin Sword attack shot up, blasting her again into the air and slamming the Mariner to the ground. "Nothing you can do can bring you victory, or your sister back."

Yet Chary got on her feet again and charged. She pulled back for a punch, but as soon as Sigurd prepared his Dragon's Bravest Blizzard attack, she jumped in the air and struck down with a quick kick...

Except Sigurd suddenly vanished and reappeared right in front of her, punching her in the gut and sending her flying before another Dragon's Bravest Blizzard hit her dead on. She screamed again, but surprisingly stayed on her feet amidst it all.

SHIT! Chary though, His attacks are too fast and too strong... he doesn't seem to have any weak points or any-

Think outside the box, boss! came a voice she thought was familiar... like Baian's...

Do I have to give you an inspiration speech too? That was definitely Thetis's voice.

If he's so much like his ancestor, then he must've inherited a weakness somewhere too! This time it was Casa.

You still have everything you need to kill him!! This time it was Krishna.

It's the last God Warrior, Chary! Take him down! That was Sorrento.

Sister...

Calypso...

Chary, I'm already reincarnated, but you've gotta do this! You gotta do this so we can see each other some day! You've got to!

Charybdis smiled as she heard the voices of the fallen Mariners... they were counting on her, as were Isaac, Fenrir, and Cecil. She had to win...

"Alright, Sigurd, give me your best shot!" she said defiantly.

Sigurd seemed a little taken aback by the claim, confused with this. Charybdis noticed he seemed almost... hesitant to attack...

Could that be it? Charybdis thought, Every time I tried to attack, he was countering me... does that mean that he... He doesn't attack first because they'll see the attacks coming!

Sigurd growled as he complied, gathering up a Dragon's Bravest Blizzard, spreading his arms wide-

THAT'S IT! "REPPU... KAIRYUNAGI!"

Sigurd's eyes went wide as the ripple hit his chest cleanly, and he grunted in his pain as cracks appeard in his God Robe. He slid back a few feet, looking in shock at Charybdis.

"Well I'll be damned! Looks like I'll be winning the power of Gram in no time!" Chary laughed as Sigurd's trembling hand moved up, running along a very large and visible crack in his God Robe.

"Impossible..." he breathed before looking at Chary. "You... you damaged it!"

"That's nothing compared to what I'm going to do to you," Charybdis answered as she charged again. She struck out with a flurry of punches, none of which connected, but Sigurd found himself on the defensive and with no opening to strike back. Chary eventually kicked him in the side of the head, knocking his helmet off, before blowing him away with a Kairyunagi.

Sigurd slammed into the ground, but sprang up immediately. "I won't lose," he growled, "Lady Hilda is counting on me."

"She'll be dead soon enough," Charybdis responded. "Cecil and Fenrir will give her the slow, torturous death she deserves."

Sigurd shook his head. "No they won't. They'll be defeated instantly by the power of the Odin Robe... no mortal can stand against the power of a god, and the Odin Robe imparts Odin's full power onto a human, allowing them to transcend the normal limits of a person."

"Well then there's nothing to worry about," Charybdis assumed. "I mean, if you die, we'll still lose, right?"

Sigurd shook his head. "It is my duty as the Dubhe Alpha God Warrior to stand against you till my last dying breath. Which is what I'll do... even if I have to crawl to kill you."

That won't happen, Sigurd. The voice that echoed in his mind could only come from one person... and he realized it instantly.

Lady Hilda...

Sigurd, abandon your armor, it will only hinder you.

But-

JUST DO IT!

Sigurd nodded in agreement, his armor falling off his body, shocking Chary by the action.

"You just blew your only chance at winning," Charybdis said as she pulled back for another Kairyunagi. Sigurd charged, but was hit dead-on...

...But kept going and planted his fist right in Charybdis's chest. She was blown back into a snowdrift, shocked that the attack had no effect whatsoever.

Sigurd himself was rather surprised, but he then smirked. "The grace of Lady Hilda... what protection do I need when I have it? Well... Charybdis? Any rebuttal from the peanuts gallery this time?"

Chary winced as she got back to her feet, seeing Sigurd preparing a Dragon's Bravest Blizzard. She immediately threw another Kairyunagi, but the attack still did nothing, and the response that Sigurd shot just filled her with incredible pain, knocking Chary to her knees.

"No way... I just can't believe it," Charybdis growled as Sigurd sadistically grinned at her. "Two perfect strikes, and nothing!"

"Nothing is absolutely right," Sigurd said as he charged, kicking Chary in the chin and then grabbing her into a chokehold, strangling her with one hand while punching her with the other. "You've lost, and the Mariner that will be coming up in just a few moments, Isaac, will die against me too. Face it, Charybdis, the power of the Great Bear Way is just too much for Mariners and God Warrior traitors."

Chary's eyesight was dimming, and she seriously couldn't believe this was going to be the end of it. Was she really going to die here?

...hope alive...

What?

Keep Hope alive, Charybdis!

'Keeping hope alive'... wasn't that what Minos had told them all during their fight? Minos seemed unstoppable, but they hadn't given up because the only way to stop Polaris was to keep fighting. Wasn't this the same?

"AND ONE MORE!" Sigurd shouted triumphantly, readying the power of Gram to decapitate Chary, except she struck first.

Right in the crotch, too.

Sigurd's expression flashed to one of pain for a brief second, and Chary blasted him point-blank with another Kairyunagi, sending him flying away into a tree. Yet he stood up, still unharmed, and grinned.

"I see I underestimated you, Charybdis," Sigurd said, dusting himself off too. "I'll finish this up now. Try all you want to attack me... it won't work." He spread his arms wide, slowly chanting as he began tracing the seven stars of Ursa Major.

What? Chary thought as she watched him. What's he doing?

"Dubhe... Alpha... no Shin Ryu SEI!" He blasted out with both hands, suddenly appearing in front of Charybdis and uppercutting her into the air as the image of a two-headed dragon, Fafnir appeared and bit down on her before slamming the Mariner into the ground.

She wasn't moving, let alone breathing.

Sigurd turned and walked away, but then stopped. He could hear it... her heart beating...

"Si... gurd..." she growled, a blue aura appearing around her as she struggled to her feet. "I... won't lose to you... I'm going to kill you, Sigurd..."

He turned to see her pulling back for another Kairyunagi. He quickly traced the stars of Ursa Major and struck out again, Charybdis attacking at the same time. Yet the results were expected, Charybdis's attack doing nothing as Sigurd again slammed his fist into her, Fafnir's image sinking its teeth into Chary before slamming her into the ground.

And yet Charybdis's strength never faltered, and Sigurd saw her get up again. This time, she had a rather big grin on her face. "Game over... this time, Sigurd. You keep hitting me with the same move, and I just keep thinking up new strategies to counter it. One of them's got to work sometime," she panted. She prepared another Kairyunagi, her eyes focused on Sigurd's chest.

"You're crazy, Sea Dragon!" Sigurd shouted. "Why are you doing this!"

"Because..." Chary answered, "Because of friendship."

"Friendship?"

"For those that knew the love of a parent for what seemed to be mere moments, and had their own sister stripped away, friendship is the only mental support for somebody. I may not admit it to their faces, but Cecil, Fenrir, and Isaac are my reasons for living until I can see Calypso again. And for that, I, Charybdis Tiamet, am willing to give my life for!"

"Then give it!" Sigurd answered, striking out with another Shin Ryu Sie, except...

"TAKE THAT!"

Just as Sigurd appeared in front of Charybdis, he felt an incredible pain in his heart... the entirety of a Kairyunagi focused on that small part of his body... he screamed in agony before his heart blew out of his body in a bloody mess.

He just stared at her and then slumped down... dead.

Chary smiled as she stumbled forward, almost falling...

When Isaac caught her.

"You okay?" he asked. She nodded. "Good. Then all that's left is Polaris. Let's go."