Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Isaac and Chary passed into the Siegfried house, stopping when they saw Charybdis's Sea Dragon Scale lying there, completely restored again.

"Wha?" Chary asked, confused as she quickly donned it. "Feels the same..."

"What happened to it?"

"Gram... Sigurd cut it up," Charybdis answered. She walked to a wall and raised her hand before chopping down, cutting through it effortlessly. "Okay... I've got Gram now... maybe its damage to me was undone?"

"Weird..." Isaac remarked. "Well anyways, ready?"

Charybdis placed her helmet on again, hiding her pink tresses under it and nodded.

"Off we go."
_
The snow was getting fierce now as Cecil and Fenrir continued on, nearing Valhalla with every step, the massive palace coming closer into view.

"Last stop!" Cecil shouted happily as they reached the doors. Fenrir grabbed hold of one of the door handles and began pulling it open, but as Cecil turned back to see the path they had come from, his eyes opened wide. Without any explanation, he shoved Fenrir out of the way just as a rain of amethyst crystals slammed into him.

"CECIL!" Fenrir shouted as the dust settled, showing Cecil encased in faintly glowing gigantic chunk of the purple crystal.

Laughter caused him to turn back to the path they had run down, seeing him there.

"Alberich Nibelung," Fenrir growled at the last God Warrior. "What the hell did you do to Cecil!?!"

Alberich grinned, readying his crystal sword. "Him? I just killed him... Cecil's trapped in the crystal, his life force ebbing out. And if you kill me, then there's no way for him to get out."

"YOU ASSHOLE!" Fenrir shouted, "You'll pay for that!" He sent out a Dead Howling shot, but Alberich casually jumped over it.

"Garm really was underpowered," Alberich answered as he landed. "Now I'm saying this again. Do exactly what I say and kill Isaac and Charybdis or-"

"BUSTER WOLF!" Fenrir's fist sailed into the air just missing Alberich as he jumped out of the way. As his hand hit the ground, Fenrir grabbed onto the ground and flung himself at the still-airborne Alberich, ramming into him and slamming him into a tree.

Alberich kicked Fenrir away, glaring at the Alioth Epsilon God Warrior with pure hatred. "You had your chance... but now you're all going to die."

He shot by Fenrir before Volsung could even realize what had happened, numerous cuts and gashes springing up due to Alberich's slashes. What's worse, they burnt like nothing Fenrir could believe. His screams permeated the wilderness, and the cold wind made it worse as Alberich turned back to Fenrir, bloody and injured.

"Such a shame..." Alberich said, shaking his head in disgust. "But it's your turn to be just a piece of rock candy..." He raised his arms up as he began glowing purple, the hair that had covered up his right eye drifting up as shards of amethyst flew at Fenrir. "AMATHYST DISPERSAL!"

Fenrir winced in his pain... his injuries at the hands of Garm hadn't faded away just yet... he couldn't escape and he couldn't block...

Alberich grinned sadistically as the wave slammed into Fenrir, but gasped in shock and horror at what had miraculously appeared.

Standing in between Fenrir and Alberich was a suit of armor... The dark blue armor of the Alioth Epsilon God Cloth. It suddenly broke into pieces and affixed itself onto Fenrir, part of the circlet sliding down like it had for Garm to hide the upper half of Fenrir's face, with eyeholes filled in by two opaque yellow parts.

Alberich staggered back in shock. "But... shouldn't-"

"I'm the Alioth Epsilon God Warrior," Fenrir shouted, pointing at Alberich. "And I think it's time I finish this! WOLF CRUELTY CLAW!"

He blew by Alberich, the Megrez Delta God Warrior's side dripping with blood afterwards as he turned to look at Fenrir.

This guy... he thought, Is this guy really human?!?

Twice now, that damned armor had stopped Alberich from killing Fenrir. It was getting on his nerves.

But what Alberich couldn't understand was how it was now on him... he had seen Garm's dead body. The Alioth Epsilon replacement's God Robe had been completely demolished, reduced to nothing more than powder by the time Fenrir was done with him.

Could it have been... the will of the gods? Alberich shuddered at the thought. Due to his non-corporeal nature, Odin did not have direct sway over Asgard, that rested in the Polaris family's capable hands... but he very easily could have done what little he could for Volsung here.

But that was it... simply returning Fenrir's Robe to him. Nothing more.

Fenrir turned back to face Alberich, the latter's eye twitching in frustration and his injury before he readied his crystal sword and charged.

Fenrir didn't move an inch until the sword was slashing down at him, the length of the blade igniting on fire, but it seemed like Fenrir could see the attack coming a mile away, and he casually just turned to the side enough for Alberich to stumble past before getting punched in the head. The blow knocked Alberich's headpiece off and the Megrez Delta God Warrior staggered back in horror.

It's not possible... he thought as he again looked at Fenrir standing there, undaunted. The God Warriors' strength is usually determined by the rank of their stars, so the order starting with the weakest SHOULD go Mime, Cecil and Syd, Fenrir, myself, Thor, Hagan, and finally Sigurd... but I just don't believe it! Could... could... Alberich swallowed nervously as he gripped his weapon.

COULD VOLSUNG BE STRONGER THAN SIGURD?!?

Cecil had shown himself to be above expectations, true... he had defeated and killed his brother in a fight, and then went on to kill Thor too. Isaac had not only overpowered Mime and Hagan, but out-thought them too. And Charybdis defeated the Alcor Zeta armor with One World and killed Sigurd through ironclad determination. That all he could believe.

But... but could the Dubhe Alpha Star pale in comparison to Alioth Epsilon?!?

It's rather obvious, isn't it?

Hilda's voice permeated Alberich's mind, and beads of nervous sweat began falling down his face.

Lady Hilda... What's the meaning of this?

As I said before, it's obvious. Concerning Dubhe Alpha and Alioth Epsilon... one quickly realizes that although it is the fifth in the sequence, Alioth Epsilon should be considered first due to its brightness... five times brighter, in fact. Its magnetic field is also 100 times stronger than the Sun. Understand, however, that I am with you, Alberich.

How so?

You'll see.

Megrez Delta and Alioth Epsilon God Warriors shot at each other again, Fenrir pouring every ounce of his strength into dodging Alberich's slashes before pounding him in the gut and knocking him into a more densely forested area. He ran in afterwards, jumping to the side to dodge another blast of amethyst that trapped an entire tree in the crystals.

Alberich charged too, but Fenrir showed no sign of fear as he thrusted his hands forward and blasted Alberich left and right with numerous Dead Howlings. Alberich went skywards, landing in a pitiful heap on the ground, his sword by his side.

Without wasting any time, Fenrir kicked Alberich away and grabbed the sword, snapping it in half with his hands and throwing it away.

"Like I said when we met," the Volsung heir muttered, "A piece of crap."

Alberich growled as his muscles tensed. "You'll die for that..." He prepared to attack, but suddenly tree roots shot up and slammed into a shocked Fenrir, slamming him into a tree.

You see, Alberich? Unity between you and nature. Use it to its full potential... AND KILL FENRIR VOLSUNG! Hilda's voice was demanding, but she was correct, and Alberich felt as if a power he had always had but never known of somehow had surfaced.

Fenrir was smashed into trees again and again, his God Robe cracking in countless places before he fell to the ground. Alberich grinned as Fenrir struggled to get up, his hands waving in front of him. He was obviously in a daze.

"Can't... lose here..." Fenrir panted, his 'mask' part of his circlet sliding away and no longer hiding the pain his eyes betrayed.

"You already have," Alberich answered. "The instant you try something... I'll kill you."

"But I already DID try something," Fenrir panted as his hands fell to his sides. He just stood there, trying to catch his breath before his right hand suddenly shot up, pointing at a particular point of space...

Alberich's eyes went wide as he saw Fenrir become nothing but a blur and his voice rang out: "ALIOTH EPSILON NO GAROU DENSETSU SEI!!!"

Fenrir slammed into Alberich with super-sonic punches, pounding every single part of him while screaming out, "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!" (A/N: The first of many JoJo's Bizarre Adventure references)

With one final punch, Fenrir's fist impaled Alberich's head, and Fenrir kicked the last enemy God Warrior off him.

Polaris was the only one left.

 
 
 
A/N: The infamous rapid-fire punch sequence. Expect more of it in the future… because it solves so many problems.