Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The warriors held their weapons at the ready, the snow and hail not fazing them in the slightest. They were the armies of the north; the cruel winds did nothing but make them stronger.

Atop a hill, a young blonde-haired man stood proudly, orating to his followers. "The great Hilda Polaris has at long last given us what we need, the ability to leave this place and not be stopped! We will descend upon the world and make it ours! Now who is with me?!?"

The horde erupted into screams and yells, but slowly some of them were being pushed around by a single cloaked figure. The shouts slowly died down as the person approached the group's leader, eventually stopping at the foot of the hill.

"Oh, and who are you?" the man asked, looking down at the newcomer. The cloak prevented his face from being seen, but the man assumed the figure was also a man.

"My name is not important. But what of yours?" It was a male voice all right, a man not much older than him.

The army's leader grinned and unsheathed a sword. "Alexi Rodyle, general of the armies of the North, Blue Glide."

The figure chuckled as he threw back his hood, shortly-cut silver hair not preventing him from looking Alexi right in the eye before smirking.

"Oh... THAT explains it."

"What?"

"Well... Volsung and the others have been charging through the houses of the Great Bear Way, and they were wondering where all the people are... but by the looks of it..." he glanced around and then again stared at Alexi, "It seems like the whole country's packed up and is on the move."

"Volsung?" asked somebody in the crowd.

"They're all dead!" shouted another.

The newcomer turned to them and shrugged. "Far from it... Fenrir Volsung, Cecil Bodu, Charybdis Tiamet, and Isaac Krylov are actually right now at the steps of Valhalla... about to kill Polaris and send the Odin Cloth back."

Silence permeated the entire army as the man's words sank in, but then they suddenly charged.

He slicked back his hair and grinned. "Amateurs... WILD TRAP!"
_
Fenrir panted as he walked back, staring at Cecil's petrified stare. Then he suddenly remembered... Alberich's technique was sucking his life out... he probably didn't have much time left.

Quickly, Fenrir raised a fist to strike with, but a voice stopped him.

"Let me handle it!" Charybdis's voice rang out. He turned to see Isaac and Charybdis standing there, the latter's hand held straight, about to chop something in half.

Fenrir cautiously stepped aside, and Charybdis looked at the amethyst prison and immediately struck down.

With a series of razor-sharp precision slashes, courtesy of Gram, the crystals fell away from Cecil, who collapsed to his knees to catch his breath.

"You okay?" Isaac asked. Cecil nodded.

"Yeah... you get the guy, Fenrir?" He looked up at the God Warrior whose life he had saved, seeing Fenrir now wearing his old God Robe, although it showed some damage.

"Oh, Alberich's dead," Fenrir said, pumping his fist. "Now all that's left is Hilda Polaris."

"Polaris," Charybdis repeated. "I'm looking forward to this."

"I think we all are. It's about time justice is served," Isaac added. They smashed down the doors to Valhalla, charging in.
_
Hilda stood up from her throne... all inhabitants of the palace now preparing for war. It mattered not how many died in the end though... she had the Odin Robe. She'd break those two traitors... make them hers.

The Odin Robe's sapphire body was placed on her body, the legendary spear Gungnir in her hand.

"POLARIS!!!" shouted four voices in unison as two Mariners and two God Warriors came into view, ready for battle.

She did nothing as they approached but grip Gungnir a little more tightly, and when they were in range...

"MERCILESS DESOLATION!"

The spear swung at them, blowing Chary, Isaac, Cecil, and Fenrir away, breaking a number of parts of their armor instantly. They slammed into a wall, slumping down as Hilda looked at them all and let out a short yet perfectly audible laugh.

"You four... I seriously don't know whether to hate the true God Warriors for losing to you, or thanking them for wearing you out so much," Hilda drawled as she spun her spear, looking at them all. She turned and walked away after a moment. "Come over here and beg for mercy, and I'll spare one of you. The others can rest easy, knowing you'll have a quick death."

"BLACK IMPULSE!"

"DEAD HOWLING!"

"AURORA BOREALIS!"

"REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!"

Their respective projectiles shot straight at her, but Hilda turned and casually took a few steps to the side and looked at all of them, standing on their feet. They were panting... they probably didn't have what it would take to handle another round of abuse or two.

"You don't get it, do you?" Fenrir asked as his breath slowly returned, "We're going to keep Hope alive no matter what... because it's the only way we're going to win this."

They charged again, and Hilda blew them away without effort, this time their armor completely shattering into hundreds pieces.

She wouldn't tolerate any more of this... they were still trying to get up on their feet again! She walked over to them, stabbing down and gutting Charybdis first. The Sea Dragon's screams were unbelievably loud, but music to Hilda's ears on the whole as the three boys she had fought alongside looked in horror not even three feet away. She then impaled Isaac the same way, to show the Kraken how justice was simply determined by the strong. She then looked over to the completely incapacitated Fenrir and Cecil, deciding which would suffer Gungnir's bite next.

She eventually settled on Cecil, stabbing him as well.

"And so it ends, Volsung," Hilda mused as she knelt down beside him and looked into his eyes with a cocky grin on her face. "You try your hardest, you keep your hope alive no matter what, and you know what happens? You die...along with that hope." She stabbed down, but her eyes went wide as three sets of hands grabbed Gungnir's pole... Charybdis, Cecil, and Isaac still had some fight in them.

"DEAD HOWLING!" Fenrir's wolf-shaped attack slammed into her, and he struggled to his feet. "I..." Fenrir choked out, "I won't lose this..." His hands again began slowly tracing the seven stars of Ursa Major, tears trickling down his face. "Chary... Isaac... Cecil... thank you."

"Try your hardest, it won't work," Hilda said as she readied Gungnir.

"We'll see..." Fenrir answered. "Alioth... Epsilon... no Garou.... Densetsu... SEI!"

He punched out, Polaris staring straight at him.

And then she grabbed him by the wrist, flung herself above his fist, and kicked him in the head, breaking his neck in the process and sending him to the ground in a crumpled heap.

"It just doesn't work," Hilda said as she readied Gungnir for the killing blow. "Try your hardest, you're still light-years behind my power."

She was about to stab down and finally kill the last Volsung when she heard quiet footsteps come into earshot. They were accompanied by a man in a cloak with short, silvery hair who looked at her in a confused manner.

"Are they really worth your time?" the man asked innocently, looking at Hilda without a shred of fear.

"Yes," she answered. The man chuckled at the response, causing Polaris to glare at him. "What's so funny?!?"

"If you must know, it's you. You think that keeping hope alive means that they themselves have will beat you... that's pretty funny to me. You don't understand the very concept of Hope. "

Hilda growled in frustration as she abandoned Fenrir to stand against this newcomer. "You're rather stupid you know that?" She suddenly appeared in front of him, stabbing with her spear...

And got punched in the face, knocking her down as the man walked over to Fenrir and picked the boy up, placing him next to the others and running a hand across their wounds.

He then turned back to Hilda, who had her teeth and fists clenched as she looked at him.

"You... you... MERCILESS DESOLATION!" She slammed the man into the wall, noticing a slight glint of something black underneath his cloak. He was lying on the ground, not moving. She walked up to him and smirked. "Idio-"

The man instantly sprang to his feet and blasted by her. "GRIFFON MIND SHOT!" A single thread had smashed into her circlet, knocking it off. Hilda, with eyes wide with horror, turned to see the figure before her now, black armor shining brightly, two wings on his back.

"You... it can't be! Not the man that killed Malphas Zephyr!"

Fenrir, Cecil, Chary, and Isaac all looked up to see their savior...

"Minos Sylphid!" the Judge said proudly, "The Griffon of the Celestial Noble Star!"