Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Come on, doctor, I'm feeling fine!" A week had passed, and as Fenrir flexed his neck to show it had healed. After a bit of pleading, the doctor let him out. The God Warrior promptly walked out, surprised to see Charybdis there. "Hi there. How is it?"

Charybdis grinned as she pulled up her shirt enough for Fenrir to see a small, negligible scar on her stomach. "The only reminder of being stabbed by Gungnir. Come on, Isaac and Cecil are already hanging out in the lobby."

The God Warrior and Mariner walked down the hall to the elevator in unison when suddenly Charybdis swore.

"Dammit... We've got no housing whatsoever. And I'd hate to ask Aiacos to do anything else since he covered our medical bills..."

Fenrir shrugged. "We'll look around. Worst case, Cecil and I will show you how to live off the land."

The elevator ride was short, the two only had to go down three floors, after all, but they were surprised to see a familiar face talking with Cecil and Isaac.

"Wow... you guys really just met, didn't you!" Mana said as she saw Fenrir and Charybdis arrive. "Amazing how well you get along and everything!"

"To be fair, we've been to Hell and back in those couple of days," Cecil answered. Looking to the newcomers, he quickly explained why their acquaintance was at the hospital. "She's doing some co-op medical studies for M--."

"True, but what I really want to do," Mana continued, "Is be in crime scene investigation. I see enough of them already..."

"How so?" Fenrir asked. Mana handed him a newspaper, which he and the others quickly skimmed over the largest article.
Mysterious Homicides Plague Tokyo
Over the course of the past six months, a number of dead bodies have sprung up around Tokyo, with grisly and horrifying causes of death. What's worse is the bodies which seem to have exploded from the inside out, as if something was bursting out of the victim's chests and heads. Some witnesses, although not completely reliable in their claims, swear to have seen monstrous creatures vaguely humanoid during nighttime in darker parts of town, for some reason fighting a group of, as they claim, five young gi-

The article had unfortunately been ripped at that point, the remainder of the story missing.

"So you want to look into this, right?" Isaac asked. Mana nodded. "You should be proud, some situations like this would scare off people from the police force rather than bring them in."

"Yeah," Mana said happily, "Well, I think I'm pretty well versed in defending myself."

"Alright then," Chary said as she led her three young charges away. "Well, if you don't mind, we need to be on the lookout for a place to stay, otherwise we're going to be sleeping on park benches tonight."

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..." Cecil and Fenrir said in perfect unison. The eldest in the group turned and shot both God Warriors a dirty glare while Isaac smirked and shook his head.

Mana, however, caused them to forget about that for a moment. "Well," she said, "I'm not exactly sure if there would be any room... but I know a friend that lives next to a housing development on the waterfront. You could probably rent out a house there or something. Want me to show you the way?"

Chary turned to her and smiled. "Yes, that would be helpful."
_
"So..." Mana said as she walked with the group, speaking to Isaac, who was right next to her, "How'd you lose your left eye? Accident of some kind?"

"You could say that," the Kraken Mariner responded. "But it's a small price to pay for saving a life. I just wish I could find him, my friend Hyoga, again. Anyways, I probably will, just occupied with everybody else here right now."

"Oh? And what about Mr. Higashi? You met him the same time you did Fenrir and Cecil?"

"Maybe a day later, but yeah," Isaac answered as he suddenly realized where everybody was.

It was a pier, with a number of homes labeled "Yacht House" in a row on one side of the street. On the other was what the four guessed to be an orphanage due to the children running around at it. A Roman Catholic cross adorned the roof, and the orphanage had a small brick wall around it, a metal plate with a sequence of Japanese characters next to the entrance. Below the characters was the English translation, "Star House".

"Well," Mana said as she smiled and bowed and started moving towards the homes, "I'll see if there is a vacancy or two for you all. For payment-"

"Tell the owners that money won't be a problem," Charybdis answered. She nodded and ran off.

The four watched her leave when suddenly they heard the sounds of children, Fenrir turning just in time to get tackled by a dog. He blushed a little as the animal licked his face, but he got the animal off him after a bit and helped lead it back to the kids, seeing a young woman with short blonde hair standing behind them.

"I think your dog got a little loose," Fenrir said, to which the girl smiled at.

"He's usually not friendly to people, but he seems to really like you," the girl said as she reached out. "Elly Aponi Desrin."

"Fenrir Volsung," the God Warrior answered.
_
Radamanthys pulled back for another shot of pool when he felt familiar hands wrap around his chest, the soft touch of long hair against his neck accompanying it.

"Hey..." Pandora said as Radamanthys turned to see her. "How's it going?"

"Hagan and Minos are both sleeping, I was just waiting for you."

She smiled. "Thanks. I finished up the Pandora Box for the Odin Robe. Can't believe it took so long... Minos said Hagan'd only be here three days. Anyways, he can take it back tomorrow when he gets up. As for the God Robes and Scales, I think I might need some help repairing them."

"No problem, I know four people that would love to help out. I'll pay them a visit first thing in the morning. Just don't be so stiff and professional around Hagan... you're going to freak him out."

"I'll work on it," Pandora said, giggling once before leaning forward and kissing Radamanthys. "Wanna go to bed?"

"Sure."
_
"You said you'd be back in three days," Hilda said as she looked at Minos and Hagan, standing atop a snow-covered hill near the damaged Valhalla. Repairs were slow, but those of the north had been betrayed, twice.

Once by Freya's control of her older sister, and then again when Hilda ordered that the planned invasion cease.

"Apologies," Minos answered. He was wearing a plain white shirt and black pants, Hagan following suit. On Minos's back was the box for his Griffon Surplice, on Hagan's was the Pandora Box for the Odin Robe. In his hands was the repaired figurine of a horse with eight legs, Sleipnir... the object that would form his God Robe. "Formation of the Box took longer than I had thought... and I also wanted to test you."

"Test?"

"Some people would become overwhelmed with sorrow and dread if I wouldn't have returned so soon... they would have thought the worst. But you thought the best."

"I was just-"

"You were doing what came natural, no shame in that," Minos answered as he looked around. "If it would be alright with you, I'm not planning on meeting up with Fenrir and the others for another month and a few weeks... I was hoping to spend some time here... help out wherever it was needed."

"That would be fine," Hilda nodded, Minos smiling and walking by her. Yet after taking just a few steps, he stopped.

"Hilda?"

"Yes?"

"How much do you know about my past?"

"Just the stories that there were..." she answered. "The stories of a Saint-in-training who instead became a Specter of Hades... the Basilisk of the Celestial Swift Star, and who stood against evil and proved his right to be the Griffon of the Celestial Noble Star."

"But about... Shion..."

"Mere rumors and hearsay, most likely not the truth."

Minos walked off in silence, Hagan looking at Hilda and confused.

"Shion?"

"It would be better not to know."
_
"Hey! Mr. CEO!"

Gendo Ikari looked up from his cell to see one of the prison wardens standing outside. "Yes?" he asked, his voice dull and uncaring.

"You've got a visitor, your kid!"

Gendo nodded. "Good."

He stood up and was lead out of the cell to the visiting room, his small 16-year-old son Shinji sitting behind the wall of glass. His brown hair was cut short, a pair of olive-colored jeans and a plain white shirt finishing his simplistic appearance.

"Father," Shinji said as he looked at Gendo. There was no true connection between parent and child there... just an empty void. "I heard you tried to run."

"Correct."

"And you did this all for me."

"Correct."

Shinji dropped his head, breaking a weak smile. "You shouldn't have."

"The importance rests in Instrumentality."

"You mean," Shinji said, looking up at his father, "Project T-"

"Don't say its name here," Gendo commanded.

Shinji nodded again. "Very well then... I'll do what I can for it. And here..." he moved towards the gift-deposit bin, dropping an ordinary small piece of cake through to his father. "For celebration of what will happen..."

"Indeed," Gendo answered, taking the cake and walking away on his own.
_
"Wow... four bedrooms and everything!" Fenrir said as he plopped down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. The house was a little undecorated... but that was still okay. Isaac and Cecil had already settled in, Fenrir himself had decided to spend a little more time talking with Elly, though.

"Volsung."

He sat up to see Charybdis standing there, looking tired. "You going to bed?" he asked. She nodded.

"Yeah... I'm taking the couch downstairs... just in case somebody tries something stupid..."

"This is Japan!" Fenrir shot back, "And if anything bad happens, Aiacos would take our case for free!"

"True..." Chary answered. "But it's still the principle of the matter... sleep well."

"Thanks, Chary."

The woman three years his senior nodded and walked off, seeing Cecil and Isaac already asleep in their rooms. Tomorrow would be a big new day... they were out of the hospital, they had housing needs fulfilled, so there was only one thing left to do...

Find Poseidon.
_
It was nearing midnight... officially lights-out for the prisoners in the jail. As the warden made his rounds, yelling at said prisoners and exchanging insults with them, he stopped when he saw Gendo curled in a corner of his cell, shivering a bit.

"Come on, Mr. CEO Murderer..." the warden said, only half-joking. "Lights out. Get in bed. You know the drill."

Gendo cocked his head to look at him, eyes wide with fear. "No... this isn't the drill... my bastard of a son... he-"

Gendo never finished, something literally bursting out of his back... arachnid in appearance, but gigantic... at least three meters tall, eyes opening up all along its legs. The tattered and ripped remains of Gendo lay on the floor like a bedsheet, this monster growling at the warden before smashing through the roof to freedom.
_
It had been just another night for Horoki Hikari, going over the plans she would put forth for the next day. Her duties as class rep were never boring or dull to her, she rather enjoyed them. Each issue was a problem that could be dealt with swiftly and easily... cutting through all the red tape with a sword, almost.

She smirked at the symbolism, touching her pendant with a miniaturized version of the weapon on it.

But then her phone rang. She quickly grabbed it, so as to not awaken her parents, and she answered.

"Hikari," the voice said, "We've got trouble."

"Okay, Mizuki. Where?"

"Southern part of town... how long until you can be there?"

Horoki smiled. "Not long..."
_
The monster roared as it attempted to smash its way through every in its way. The road was filled with cars, the hailfire of bullets from the police bothering it more than anything else.

So it just opened its mouth as a laser shot out, quickly sweeping over the group to decapitate them all...

Too bad that they suddenly vanished, literally falling through the ground.

"You would do well not to raise a hand against the gods," a female voice announced from behind the monster. It turned to see a young woman standing there in the robes of a Shinto Priestess, the ceremonial wand in her hand.

"Indeed!" another voice shouted from the rooftops as four figures sprang into action.

"Kusanagi Sword Sunstone Crystal Power: Make-Up!"

"Yasakani Magatama Moonstone Crystal Power: Make-Up!"

"Yata Mirror Starstone Crystal Power: Make-Up!"

"Mythical Kirin Lightstone Crystal Power: Make-Up!"

They landed on the ground, Mana and Horoki on one side of Mizuki, Mina and Asuka on the other.

Whereas Mizuki was confronting the creature in what could, under some circumstances, be deemed "normal"... a Shinto priestess robe was something you actually COULD have a tailor make for you without raising too many eyebrows, the other four girls of M-- College were wearing clothes far more exotic.

First of all, Horoki wore what looked to be a schoolgirl fuku, save for golden trim and a katana held in her hand with equally magnificent golden runes.

Second, Asuka's outfit was entirely different, a silvery-white, nigh-skintight jump with the image of a crescent moon on the back, her fists clenched and ready for battle.

Next, Mana's trenchcoat remained, but of her initial outfit, that was all. Instead, underneath was a yellow, sleeveless top and pants, her pink-lensed glasses lowered over her eyes.

And lastly, Mina had donned an unusual suit of white armor, a dagger in the shape of a straight horn in her left hand.

They charged, all five of them.

"SERPENT SLICER!”

"YA OUTOME!"

"LONE NEEDLE!”

“MAKAI TEMPEST!”

“CORONA HORN!”

The sword slash, purple beam of energy, incredibly thin bolt, black sphere of destruction, and white blast blew through the creature, the monster faltering and hitting the ground quickly.

"Wow... that went easier than I was worried..." Mizuki said as she breathed a sigh of relief. She turned to see Mina staring down at the ground. "What is it?"

"Just... why is all of this happening?" Mina asked. She looked up and around at her friends, confused. "It's been weeks now, and we still have no leads on what is really going on..."

"That's what you all think."

All five of them turned, seeing a blonde woman in white approaching them. She looked at Mina most of all, her eyes showing the hints of sorrow.

"Who are you?" Asuka asked, wondering just who this newcomer was.

"Me?" the woman asked as she bowed to them, "My name is Eurydice."
 
A/N: Yes… the Coronas were meant to be a homage/parody/satire of Sailor Moon. But it's done tastefully… I hope.