Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 28 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Charybdis woke up to the sound of eggs be fried on the kitchen stove, and she looked up to see Cecil already at work on breakfast.

"Wow... Mr. Tarzan sure knows his way around 21st century cooking appliances," she said as she got up. "Where are Isaac and Fenrir?"

"Fenrir's taking a shower," Cecil answered as he gracefully and flawlessly continued cooking the eggs, pancakes, sausages, and bacon, "And Isaac's not up yet."

"Hmm..." Charybdis responded... "Remind me to wake him up in an hour or so if he hasn't already."

"Sure." They looked up to see Fenrir, refreshed after a quick bath, come down the stairs with Isaac... the latter's hair a mess and his clothing ruffled. "Ah... now we can eat like the malformed, tumor-infested, crack-baby family we really are."

After setting down at a table and eating the first few bites, Isaac spoke up. "Chary? Something's been bothering me."

"Like what?"

"Like how, on the whole planet, we're expecting to find Poseidon's reincarnation here when we have no clues whatsoever."

Charybdis grinned, "Oh, I've got proof enough."

"Like what?" this time it was Fenrir.

Charybdis reached down into a pocket and quickly slammed a small statue onto the table. It looked to be a man, middle-aged, wearing armor with a design similar to a Mariner and a trident in his hand.

"Take a look at Poseidon's own Scale," she said. "Obviously, it doesn't work like the Odin Robe, or else I would have donned it right away during Asgard's attack... but it is attracted to Poseidon himself. I'm sure if we just walk around, we might get some clues from this as to who it really is."

"You know..." Fenrir started to say, "This seems really implausible. I mean, what would you do if somebody just walked up to you and said something like 'Excuse me, but you're really the reincarnation of a god who's had his kingdom essentially destroyed... would you please hold this statue?'"

Chary shrugged. "This is Japan... have you any idea how many manga-reading losers would seriously believe that to be true? This is something that's going to require some time... but I seriously doubt anything else."
_
"Julien, would you put that stupid comic book down?" Horoki commanded. He looked up at his five female friends, blushing nervously. "Jeez... you get controlled by a corporate kingpin and you act like nothing serious happened!"

"Sorry," Julien answered as he walked with Horoki, Asuka, Mana, Mizuki, and Mina home from school, "It's just I really can't get enough of Sea Ruler Oceanus... it's really good and I still haven't caught up with it yet."

"Come on," Mana joked, "It's like any other one of those Shonen mangas... kid turns out to be the reincarnation of the Titan Oceanus, fights against the rule of Cronos, its really formulaic."

"Oh yeah?!?" Julien shouted as he turned and looked at her. "Well not everything can work like it can on CSI!"

"I WATCH NCIS, YOU IDIOT!!!" Mana shouted back at the top of her lungs, Asuka and Mizuki both slumping down as the two fought, more with comedic effects than anything else.

"Well..." Mina said nervously as the two turned to her, "I hate to dash and all, but this is my house so..."

Julien smiled. "Go on, Mina. See you tomorrow."

She smiled back and headed up, opening her door and walking in. She looked around, wondering where she was.

"Right here."

Mina turned to see Eurydice sitting on a couch, just finishing watching The Prestige.

"How many times have you watched that?" Mina asked. Eurydice shrugged.

"Ten... fifteen... something like that."

"Really? I was crying like a baby at the end. I mean... the guy you're rooting for gets killed and everything?"

"Life's merciless," Eurydice answered as she looked up at her. "I see no reason why we should crawl behind some happy little wall to cheer ourselves up."

"A barrel of laughs is what you are," Mina said as she sat down next to Eurydice.

Eurydice smiled once, then shook her head. "I would like to thank you for housing me... I should be gone in a few weeks or so."

"Oh, it's okay. It's nice to actually have somebody else in the apartment with me. But as you were saying last night after that monster and everything?"

Eurydice nodded. "Yes... I'm sure you understand the story of Ambrosia, correct?"

"You mean that crack theory that some theologists are putting out, that in fact Apollo and Amaterasu supposedly wed and had a daughter to represent the Sun of the west and east in unity? Her name, Ambrosia, is based off the Greek food of the gods, symbolizing the sustinance and hope she technically would bring."

Eurydice nodded. "You're a smart girl. What else do those crackpots say?"

"That supposedly the other gods despised Ambrosia and cursed her..."

Eurydice nodded. "That's all well and good. Now answer me this, Mina. When did you and your friends discover these incredible powers of yours?"

"Only a few months ago..."

"Very good... and where do you think your powers stem from?"

"I... I really don't..." Mina started. "I really don't have an idea of where, really. None of us do..."

Eurydice put a hand on Mina's and smiled. "Mina... one of the things about Ambrosia that few know was the fact she was protected by the Three Sacred Treasures, as well as her priestess... what I'm trying to say it...

"You are Ambrosia."
_
"Charybdis, people are looking at us funny," Fenrir said as the four of them stood around the sea bank, the Sea Dragon Mariner filling up a number of plastic bottles with sea water.

"Quiet, you," Chary shot back as she put the cap on the last of the twenty-piece set, looking at her collection proudly. "In order for the Scale to work correct, we're going to need to soak it in sea water since we've had a whole day without any success..." She stood up, looking around. "But at least we don't have a fight on our hands..."

"Maybe... we do..." Cecil spoke up as he flipped through a newspaper before reading it aloud. "Last night, Central Dogma Prisons reported that somehow, a spider-like creature burst out of Gendo Ikari, killing him, and then went on a rampage... although a squad of policemen intervened, all offensive measures short of high-precision, steel-bodied rifle shells did negligible damage. However, the attack was prematurely ended due to some sort of teleportation by, what some policemen report as a Shinto miko -priestess, I guess- that somehow sent them back into each of their homes..."

"Just some group probably keeping the peace," Isaac concluded. "We probably won't even be a bother to them."

"Hopefully, yes... but I think we should do some training or something tomorrow. Until then, let's get back home and take a break... we'll start back searching tomorrow."

She, Cecil, and Isaac all started back, but Fenrir noticed Elly and quickly ran over to her.

"So... she your sister or something?" the girl asked, smiling at the light-hearted joke.

"Uh, no... just a friend, but she certainly does act like a big sister sometimes," Fenrir responded. "They're all okay and everything, and-"

"FENRIR!" Cecil, Chary, and Isaac all shouted. He sighed, looking back at Elly and shrugging.

"Sorry... I gotta go. I'll visit tomorrow then."

Elly smiled. "I look forward to it."
_
It was dark, and as Mina tried to move, she quickly realized her body was somehow different... smaller. She tried to speak out, but her voice had been replaced by that of an infant.

Two figures were backing against her crib... both with red hair and white robes. She figured they must be her parents... her real ones...

"Poseidon, you have to stop this!" shouted the woman. Mina knew her voice so well now... it was Amaterasu... her mother... the Japanese goddess of the Sun.

"No..." came a dark and hateful voice. Mina saw the figure her parents stood guard over. A man with blue hair, a malicious trident in his hands and armor that was orange and yellow. She couldn't see his face. "Your daughter is an abomination... the light of two suns could burn the planet to cinders! The Pantheons are united in their declaration that your daughter must die... because she will bring nothing but sorrow and chaos whenever she lives!"

The trident flew, the combined light of her parents standing against it... but it was not enough.

She heard the sound of metal ripping through flesh, two dead bodies falling onto her crib, coating her face in blood.

_
"NO!" Mina shouted as she bolted upright in her bed. She was coated in sweat and was shivering... tears streaming down her face. That hadn't been just a dream... she had read enough Shoujo manga to know what really had happened.

And Poseidon... Poseidon had really killed her parents? But...

Mina... Ambrosia...

Mina looked around, blinking. Where was the voice coming from? It had been a man's voice, so she took a guess as she called out.

"Father?"

Yes. And dark times are coming to Japan. You must hold firm, believe what Eurydice told you... two great evils are nearing you and the others... the Three Sacred Treasures and Mizuki will need you to guide them... please... stand strong. And above all else, you must beware the Balrog!

"The Balrog?" Mina spoke up, confused. As she was about to speak again, however, her phone rang. She knew who it was right away.

"Mina," Mizuki said, "We've got trouble."
_
"So why are we out here at night again?" Fenrir asked as he looked at the others. They were perched on a rooftop, looking around.

"Because I changed my mind," Charybdis answered, "For one reason... moon's about as close as it can get to the planet. You know what that means?"

Isaac smirked. "High tide... more power to Poseidon and his Scale..."

"Absolutely right," Charybdis said as she poured some of the sea water on the statue. "Okay... now show us what we want to see already..."

Suddenly Cecil, Isaac, and Fenrir stood straight up, looking around. "There's something out there..." Cecil said plainly, trying to figure out what it was. Upon realizing taller buildings blocked his view, Cecil sprang up one of them, grabbing hold of anything he could use as a handhold as he literally threw himself up to the top. As Fenrir was about to follow, Charybdis grabbed him.

"An explanation, please?" she asked. Fenrir shrugged.

"You couldn't hear it?" Isaac asked.

"Hear what?"

"It's like music... like a lyre's... not unsimilar to Mime's but a totally different melody..."

"WE GOT TROUBLE!" Cecil shouted as he rocketed back into the ground and pointing north. "Something serious is going on that way."

"Then let's get their right away," Charybdis said as she looked down and grabbed the Poseidon statue. "Because it's in that direction we're going to find the owner of this Scale."
 
A/N: Okay… so I don't like the Coronas enough to not drive a wedge between them and the Pentrine. So sue me.