Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Alright then," Isaac started, "Let's get Lord Poseidon out of there and-" He sprang out, but Charybdis grabbed him by the ankle, resulting in him landing on the rooftop humorously.

"Not now," Charybdis stated, pointing down at the police that were swarming in. Whatever, or whoever had caused this certainly didn't care much about secrecy. "It's late. We head home and worry about this tomorrow. Clear?"

Isaac got back to his feet and nodded, as well as Fenrir and Cecil, the former of which noticing, for one split-second, a figure wearing silver armor standing on a distant rooftop. When he blinked, the person was gone.
_
Cecil got up the next morning, yawning and stumbling downstairs to see breakfast already taken care of. In addition, three sets of clothing consisting of dulled jeans, blue jackets, and black undershirts were stacked on the table.

"Training... they're weighted," came Chary's muffled voice from on the couch. A blanket was covering her, and as Cecil walked over to try to lift up the shirt, he suddenly realized how heavy the thing was... probably weighed more than he did! "Took me all night to finish..."

"Wow, thanks Chary..."

"No problem... now if you excuse me, I'm going to just sleep all day."

Shrugging, Cecil quickly ate a few scrambled eggs and bacon before grabbing his training clothes, nearly falling to the ground, and finally barely managing to get up the stair. He peeked a look in at the late sleepers and smirked... they'd be in for a surprise soon enough. Cecil chuckled as he slipped into the bathroom and gently laid the cloths on the floor before taking a look at himself in the mirror.

Cecil hadn't noticed it at first, but his green hair had done some serious growing in the past two weeks, and unlike Isaac's, it was a much lighter shade. Deciding on a course of action, he washed up in the shower and then stepped out, dried himself off, and then trimmed up his hair to form a thin, but medium-length ponytail to further the distance from the Mariner's messy hairstyle.

"Okay, Tarzan-boy!" Cecil shouted and he slipped the training clothes on, "New day, and thus begins the new training regiment!"
_
"Are you really sure you need to need to be wearing that?" Elly asked as she and Fenrir walked along in the park. The God Warrior was sweating profusely, dragging his legs half the time, but forcing himself to keep up at Elly's modest saunter... a nearly impossible task.

If it were up to Volsung, he'd fight a million Hildas with the Odin Robe rather than continue this torture... but sometimes things just didn't work out.

"Yeah..." Fenrir answered, putting one foot out after the other, "Chary is just a real tough person to please sometimes..." Noticing the look on Elly's face, he quickly continued. "Not like I'm interested in her or anything."

"Oh, that's how it is..." Elly said, nodding. "So she pretty much has you three boys whipped into obedience, right?"

"Not... exactly..." Fenrir continued. He was seriously going to complain to Charybdis when he got home about this. There was no reason to have to go through this kind of torture. "We're all just... looking for somebody. We found him... so we're taking a day off before we actually start talking to him. Get things in order and all..."

"Oh?" Elly asked, grinning. "About what?"

Fenrir smirked before his face took on a look of pure horror. He collapsed onto a park bench, trying in vain to catch his breath.

"You wouldn't believe me... if I... told you..."

Elly smiled at Fenrir before she heard something.

"What is it?"

Elly looked around and then scowled. "MANA!"

The girl stumbled out of a bush, looking a bit humiliated as Elly looked at her, Fenrir recognizing Mana from his previous encounters with her.

"Sorry..." Mana overstated as she brushed herself off. "Oh... it's you again!"

"Yeah," Fenrir answered. "I didn't know you knew each other..."

"Of course we do!" Elly said happily. "Mana was the one that dug up the dirt on some minor Yakuza thug a while back and saved the orphanage from him. I really owe her a lot!"

"Wow..." Fenrir said. Amazing how this all goes through full circle.
_
Mina had always looked forward to Saturdays for two reasons. First, Saturday morning Shoujo shows. Second, being able to sleep in late.

She even was dreaming about Mizuki, just sitting around and just talking, being friends. She had met Mizuki and Julien about the same time, and they ended up becoming fast friends. The situation involving those horrible monstrosities, sad as it was, was the only reason she had become anything more than acquientances with Mana, Asuka, and Hikari.

Then the doorbell had rung, and Mizuki had gone up to get it.

"Oh, hi Julien!" Mizuki said, only followed afterwards by a scream of horror.

Mina turned to see Mizuki with that trident impaled, Julien standing before her... wearing the same armor that Poseidon had before in that dream.

"NO!" Mina heard herself scream in horror... could it be possible? This was all a dream, right?!?

"Ambrosia... you cannot exist in this world," Julien announced. He was looking at her in a way she had never imagined before. She saw three other figures behind him, one of which was coated in black fire and held a whip in his hand. Their faces were hidden by shadows, but Mina knew what she was looking at...

A Balrog.


She woke up screaming again, finding herself not in her bed... but at the table, a pen in hand and a piece of paper before her.

And then, written all over it was a single phrase over and over again. Looking down at it, Mina just broke down and began crying, because deep down, she knew it to be the truth.

Julien Solo is Poseidon.
_
As Cecil not so casually strolled down the streets of Tokyo, he did his best to get by the language. It was shocking to think that his birth father's family was in the country here, somewhere. Of course, he had better things to do than exact revenge of any kind now.

And besides, getting a work-out just by walking around certainly was a nice change of pace from the usual.

"Wow! I can't believe it!" someone shouted in Japanese as a few schoolkids, glad for the weekend, ran by Cecil. "She's gotten through to the finals already?!?"

Who'd that be? Cecil thought. He quickly ran after them, noticing the group coming to a stop in a coffee-shot with a Kendo match just coming to a close. The victor had won quickly and soundly, the wooden sword landing blow after blow.

And then Cecil got a look at her.

Walking over to someone else a little more proficient in Japanese current events, Cecil slowly constructed a sentence. "Uh... I've seen her somewhere before... who is she again?"

The boy turned to Bodu with a look of surprise. "Are you crazy? That's Horoki Hikari, three-time national champ at Kendo and one of the smartest girls at M--!"

"No need to bite my head off," Cecil answered in English as he walked away.

So one of Ambrosia's bodyguards was an expert swordswoman, another was a skilled Shinto miko, and a third was hoping to get in on the police squad.

Cecil shuddered thinking about what Asuka was good at.
_
Eight-hundred and thirty-one, eight-hundred and thirty-two... Isaac thought as he continued his one-finger push-ups, the weighted clothing stressing him even more.

With each exertion, he could feel his body being strengthened, and he refused to let simple things such as pain slow him down now. Even his surroundings, the sweltering heat on the top of a building, didn't distract him. His focus and discipline were perfect. He was one with the world and-

"You are a Mariner of Poseidon."

He spun around, confused... seeing Asuka standing in front of him and looking him straight in the eye. With the way she was looking at him, Isaac felt that even if he hadn't been sweating from his previous workout, he would still be coated in sweat after seeing her.

Dammit... and having to fight with this clothing on... he swore, I wouldn't be surprised if it literally DID weigh a ton!

Asuka smirked and dropped into a fighting stance. "And so you just got that weighted clothing today... didn't you?"

"How are you doing this?" Isaac said in a level tone. He couldn't panic, he had to keep a cool head here.

Asuka shrugged. "The power of the Yasakani Magatama... but if you would excuse me, I'll be spreading the word right now..." She turned and sprang away, but an icy-white Kholiso shot at her.

"The HELL you are!" Isaac shouted, binding her before charging. He sent out an Aurora Borealis shot, but Asuka quickly broke free and raised her guard.

"Yasakani Magatama Moonstone Crystal Power: Make-up!"

With that shout, Asuka was standing in the same outfit as before, and Isaac suddenly felt a hard blow to the stomach. He was sent flying back to the floor, Asuka looking down at him.

"The power of Ambrosia's Coronas is too much for you, Mariner, you really ought to call it quits."

Isaac shook his head as he struggled back to his feet. "Far from it... KHOLODNYI SMERCH!"

He rocketed upwards, pounding Asuka on the chin with his trademark strike. She went flying into the air, landing innumerable blocks away.

And then Isaac swore in frustration again before grabbing his phone and turning it on.

"Chary, contact Fenrir and Cecil right away! We've got trouble!"
_
Mizuki knocked on the door hesitantly, waiting for a moment. No answer. Trying the doorknob, the miko found the door unlocked and quickly stepped in the apartment. She noticed all the lights were out, Mina seemingly nowhere to be seen.

"Mina?" she asked.

"In here..." The voice was quiet, filled with sadness, but Mizuki knew it instantly to be Mina's. She walked through to the bedroom, seeing her friend on her bed with her legs curled up and just looking at the ruffled sheets.

"Mina, what's going on?" Mizuki asked, confused. "You sounded so worried on the phone and everything, I... I was really scared..."

"Mizuki..." Mina said as she looked up at the taller woman, "What if someone you thought to be your friend turned out to be living just one big lie?"

"I... I don't follow."

"It's about Julien..."
_
"Guilty."

The judge's voice resounded in the court as the defendant was literally hauled away by a bailiff, Franziska standing there victorious again in court. It was nice to be able to keep going, to look forward to seeing your brothers again after they went on leave and everything. She turned to Aiacos, Mr. Garuda Specter, and smiled.

"Think we have the ammunition now?" she asked.

Aiacos nodded in agreement. "Certainly... the way you handled that, there is no way that they can't let us snoop around Nerve a bit now."

"Sounds perfect," Franziska said happily, walking alongside the Specter towards the exit. "Did you get everything arranged?"

"Naturally."
_
"So everything is in order?" Eurydice asked as Fuyutski answered with a nod. "Everything possible?"

"Yes. The perfected T-series Plagas has already been installed in a willing host and the Hakkeshu are perfectly conditioned. I have run the Magi supercomputers through every change in the scenario imagined, and no matter what happens, our victory is guaranteed."

Eurydice nodded. "Good... then without further delay, Mr. Fuyutski, unleash hell."