Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"We will serve you!" A decision formed as much by friendship as duty!

As a particular, dark-blue haired man walked through the computer labs of Nerve, he cautiously looked around. Thankfully, he didn't see anybody, and the cameras were already taken care of.

As he neared a terminal, he slipped a floppy disk in and began opening several files, specifically ones labeled "Project Tear". Not surprisingly, passwords blocked his progress. He shrugged, nothing too serious.

After breaking the locks, he quickly skimmed the basics of the plan, involving the recent discovery in Spain of an ancient race of parasitic life forms, referred to as "Plagas".

He smirked. Shura would feel disgraced by such an abomination discovered in his homeland.

The man continued reading the article, pulling up a seat and looking around. Still nobody.

Going back to the report, he continued reading. The Plagas had been refined over the course of the past six months, designed that upon injection, they would begin releasing powerful depressants into a person. Such depressants would-

A gunshot caused the man to turn, dodging before the projectile slammed into the computer and wrecked it. He turned to see a quartet of security officers standing in his way, guns all leveled at his face.

The man looked at them all before shaking his head. "GALAXIAN EXPLOSION!"
_
Franziska wondered what made her life so... unique. A child prodigy that passed the bar exam at the age of 13, her brother passing at 14 and practicing law with Aiacos, and her adoptive little brother doing it at the age of 21 at a time when her father's life seemed guaranteed to die. She had come to Japan to avenge them, instead discovering and finally meeting Aiacos Higashi... the Garuda of the Celestial Valor Star.

And now the two of them were in the backseat of a limo, on the way to Nerve's headquarters in Tokyo when an explosion on the thirty-seventh floor ordered the car stopped. He looked back at Franziska.

Something serious was going on.
_
"And... and I'm going to have to kill Julien!" Mina finished as Mana, Asuka, and Horoki burst into her apartment, she and Mizuki looking at the newcomers.

"What's going on here?" Asuka said as she looked around.

"Our goddess has discovered Poseidon's identity," Mizuki summed up. "It's Julien Solo."

Silence permeated the apartment before Horoki spoke up. "If he is your enemy, then let's try to get this over with then. Let's just go and meet him and take things from there, right?"

Everyone looked at her, and Mina's expression brightened up. "That's great! We can get this all sorted out and just try to forget all of this!"

Mana and the others nodded. Mizuki put her hand on Mina's shoulder and then pointed out the door. "Then let's end this, once and for all!'
-
Julien had been studying when a knock came from the door. His host parents were out on the town today, but he really didn't mind being alone, and the five friends he saw standing out there meant he'd at least have company for a few hours.

"How're you all doing?" Julien asked as they came in. He noticed, however, they all had a strange, worried look on their face. "What... what is it?"

They didn't speak for a moment, but eventually Mina started. "Julien... there's something I've been wanting to ask you... and it seems like fate that we found each other."

"Wh-why?" Julien asked.

Mina nodded as there was suddenly a bright flash of light, and when Julien could see again, Mina, Mana, Horoki, and Asuka were wearing their outfits as Coronas.

Julien had just stared at them before eventually speaking up. "Are you like a real Sentai group or something?"

Mina nodded. "Yes... and... and I'm-"

"An old hag that needs to die."

They all turned to see someone stepping into the house. Her hair was blue... such light blue that contrasted against blood-red eyes. The girl continued as if nothing mattered. "Lord Poseidon, the trap is set. We await your comma-"

"WHAT?!?" Mina shouted as she looked back at Julien. She could hear, very faintly, the sound of a lyre as pure energy blasted out from her, annihilating the entire house and knocking Julien unconscious. She and the others turned back to look at the girl, but she had somehow vanished.

"What... what's going on here?" Mana asked, confused by this sudden twist of events.

Mina answered, hatred in her voice. "I... I understand it all now... I remember so much... so many painful memories... deaths again and again by the hand of Poseidon. And he was going to try again now... I'm sure of it. If you don't want to be part of this, leave now, all of you. If not, stand beside me as I give Poseidon a fitting death."

She had expected the others to be disgusted with her words, though they were the truth. Instead, she heard four voices, speaking in unison.

"Goddess Ambrosia... we will defend you till our dying breath!"

Mina turned to her friends and smiled. "Thank you. And I know the perfect place for all the reincarnations of Ambrosia to be avenged. I will kill Poseidon... in his own temple!"
_
A knock at Fuyutski's door caused him to look up. Eurydice had already left for parts unknown, so he seriously wondered who it was.

"Come in."

He was eased seeing Maya Ibuki, one of the trainers of the Hakkeshu, come in. Maya was in her mid-twenties, with her dark brown hair cut short to help maintain her appearance as an assertive woman.

"Yes?" Fuyutski asked. "What is it?"

"Sir," Maya answered promptly, "Roughly fifteen minutes ago, as you probably felt, there was an explosion down at R&D."

"Casualties?"

"Nobody important. What is important is the fact that the intruder managed to copy the entirety of Project Tear onto a series of floppy discs."

"Acceptable losses," Fuyutski answered. "We're so far ahead in the game, and the Magi have already calculated the marginal negative effects such actions would take. Very well, then..." he turned around in his seat, watching the mid-day sky cloud over, "You may go."

He didn't hear Maya leave. Instead, he heard the sound of a gun being cocked, and when he turned, Fuyutski saw Maya pointing a nine millimeter at his head.

"I-I'm sorry sir," Maya struggled to speak. "I just c-can't control my-myself..." She pulled the trigger, the bullet impacting against a three-inch thick barrier of bulletproof glass that had slid down in front of the current CEO of Nerve. Maya's eyes widened into saucers as she struggled to put the gun to her forehead.

Another shot rang out, and her body hit the ground. Fuyutski looked down at her in shock before the phone rang. He jerked at the sound, grabbing the phone after a moment.

"Yes?"

"Sir, there's those two prosecutors you were scheduled to-"

"NOW IS NOT THE TIME!"
_
The receptionist flinched at the words before looking at Aiacos and Franziska. "I'm very sorry, but Mr. Fuyutski is-"

CRACK!

For the second time in less than a minute, the woman was cut off, this time by a painful lashing at the hands of Franziska.

"We're not leaving," Aiacos stated as he and von Karma took off into the building.
_
"Are you sure we have to keep wearing these things?" Cecil, Fenrir, and Isaac pleaded as they ran behind Charybdis, the Sea Dragon Mariner leading the way.

"Yes," she stoically answered. "You're keeping those on until the last possible second to take them off. You'll be perfectly fine provided you do that."

"Well then excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess," Fenrir joked, only to earn him a lethal glared from Chary.

"Cut the shit, this is serious," she continued. "This time, we actually are up against a goddess. You know what that means if we fail."

"Cocytus," Isaac said, his voice losing strength as he finished. "If we die, Hades can't do anything other than give us the worst punishment in the Underworld."

"Not like it really matters," Cecil said, smiling. "We'll be fine! Incidentally, Chary..."

"We're not far," she said, "But this makes no sense... We're just getting closer to the..."

She stopped dead in her tracks. "We're heading towards the ocean... they took Julien to Atlantis."

"WHAT?!?" the three boys said in shock. Isaac spoke up first. "But what's the point?"

"Well..." Chary started, "It's been a bit since the God Warriors' attack. The pillars of Poseidon have an ancient safeguard, causing them to reconstitute themselves again and again provided Poseidon is alive. That's why the seas didn't collapse during Asgard's attack. I'm betting that the pillars of the seven oceans have been restored by now. And besides..." Her mouth went dry as she realized what this all meant. "They're going to drown Poseidon in the Main Breadwinner..."

"What's the point of that?" Fenrir asked. "Why not just kill him?"

Chary shook her head before taking off sprinting again, Volsung, Krylov, and Bodu in pursuit. "Because if a god is killed in the central point of his influence, terrible calamities would ravage the world. In this case..." she grit her teeth as it suddenly began raining, "As I speak, Julien is being drowned inside of Main Breadwinner, and if he dies, then it will just keep raining. Our task... defeat the Coronas, destroy the seven pillars so Main Breadwinner is capable of being damaged, defeat Ambrosia, then get the Scale to Poseidon. We don't have a moment to lose, so on the double!"

She redoubled her efforts, Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac managing to pick up the pace as well as they ran through the streets of Tokyo, nearing the coast with each step.
_
"Mi...na..." Julien tried to say as she chained the sea god up inside of the gigantic pillar at the heart of Atlantis. "Please, why? Did I wrong you or something?"

Ambrosia looked at him before shaking her head. "No... but you will. You always did so before." She walked away, hearing Julien plead out to her.

It hurt, she could feel the sorrow in her heart tearing at her... but this was the only way.

"Goodbye, Poseidon. I wish your death to be swift and painless, for friendship's sake." She closed the water-tight stone door as torrents of water flowed in.
_
"But Lord Hades!" Alessi pleaded as he, Lune, and Rudo stood before Hades, their god looking down at the floor sadly. "We are justified in taking action here! Gods are directly involved, and without Lune and the Balrog Surplice, there is not even the shadow of a victory possible!"

"Please, Lord Hades... Lord Shun..." Lune von Karma begged, even citing his god's human name. "Just like in the battle against Thanatos and Hypnos, the Balrog Surplice and its whip are necessary for us to win!"

"I know," Hades answered, the thirteen-year-old boy looking at them with so much more age and experience in his eyes, "But Atlantis is so far away. We'd never reach there in time to save Poseidon..."

"So that's it?" Rudo said in confusion. "We're just calling it quits?"

Hades shook his head. "No... far from it. But this is going to require some finesse. Has Minos been notified?"

"Yes," Alessi continued. "I used my 'Royal Decree'... but Radamanthys is too far away from Atlantis, and Aiacos is out of earshot for it. Sylphid's already taking action."

"Good," Hades said. "Alert the new Papillon Specter... you three, as well as she, will still be able to throw your lot into this."
_
"Alright! Go, go, go!" Chary shouted as the docks came into view. "Let's get this over with!"

Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac poured in a little extra speed, running ahead of Chary as the woman suddenly sensed something...

Suddenly a blast of energy that cut through the ground shot at them, Chary shoving her three young charges into the water. "ISAAC!" she shouted as she threw the Mariner the Poseidon Scale. "Get that to Lord Poseidon!"

They vanished under the waves as she turned around, seeing eight figures standing on the rooftops, looking down at her.

The ones on her left stood proud, all four of them young boys. The first stood the most imposing, in his late teens, at least 5'11" tall wearing a dark-green streamlined outfit that covered the entirety of his body save for his head. The second was considerably shorter, wearing a yellow outfit otherwise identical. Instead of dark-brown hair, the second's hair was light blonde. The third also had blonde hair, although it was medium length and hanging loose, his outfit entirely black. The last stood about 5'7", slightly scrawny, and with an outfit that with a white torso and arms, but everything else was blue.

Those on Chary's right, she noted, were all female. The first had short blonde hair, combed back, a blue outfit, and a small tear mole under her left eye. The second had dark blue hair, almost black, and a red suit with a white cross-painted on across her chest. The third had light brown hair and a pink suit, but the last...

Chary looked at her in amazement... a girl with short, light-blue hair and eyes that... that were blood red.

"Toji Suzahara, Orochi head of Earth," said the first boy.

"Kensuki Aida, Orochi head of Electricity," said the second.

"Kaede Amana, Orochi head of Death," said the third.

"Shinji Ikari," the last said, looking down at Charybdis. "Orochi head of Insanity."

They sprang down to the ground as the girls announced themselves.

"Ritsuko Akagi," the blonde-haired girl stated, "Orochi head of Water."

"Misato Kisaragi," the next continued, "Orochi head of Fire."

"Ran Hibiki," the pink-suited one announced, "Orochi head of Metal."

Lastly, the blue-haired girl hit the ground and looked at Chary again, "Rei Ayunami..." her voice was so soft... "Orochi head of Wind."

They stood together, all eight of them staring at Charybdis. "Together we are the Hakkeshu... assassins of Nerve!"

Charybdis smirked as she looked at them all, cracking her neck once. Eight on one... this would be... interesting. "My name..." the Mariner said as she realized this would be Gram's first test in combat, "My name refers to an ancient monster in the Mediterranean Sea, one that generates a terrible whirlpool that there is no hope of escaping. You share the fates of those foolish sailors that challenged the Charybdis of old... BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL DEAD!"

She charged.

This was going to be fun.
 
A/N: Yeah, taking liberties with the Evanlgeion cast again… this time with ages. Again, sue me… I've got the crack legal team of Higashi, von Karma, and Mitsurugi on my side!