Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 34 ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Stop her already!"

"Open fire, dammit!"

"She's moving too fast!"

Those were some of the words Franziska heard as she battled her way up through the floors of Nerve... needless to say, having spent learning the ways of fighting with a whip for sixteen of her eighteen years paid off greatly... and not just in the courtroom.

The bodies that were falling left and right, suffering near-fatal lashings was evident of that.

She rounded another bend, however, she stopped dead in her tracks. It was like a storage area, with a particular sable-haired woman crying in the middle of the abominable chamber. Surrounding them were a series of tubes, aligned vertically and filled with an orange liquid... people inside...

No... just one person. Over and over again. Young... probably teenage girls with short, light-blue hair and burning red eyes...

"So... so you came..." a French voice came from the sobbing figure as she stood up and stared at Franziska, tears on her face. "I'm assuming then that it was you and the other Prosecutor, Mr. Ace Attorney, that caused Kousuke to crack and activate the S-series Plagas inside of him..."

"I'm not sure," Franziska said as she clenched her whip, ready for battle. "But-"

"Good enough," the woman said, brushing a few tears from her face, "Because he won't be able to save you from mine..."

Suddenly, a similar figure burst out of her back, charging at Franziska.
_
"No... no way..." Kaede said in shock as Charybdis looked at him and Ran. "She... she still used Gram..."

"But Synch Ratio is now at an additional 37.5% for each of us... meaning we can tap into 50% of our total power..." Rei said as she and Shinji landed, the five remaining Hakkeshu surrounding Charybdis.

"This is hopeless for you," Misato said as her arm caught on fire. "With every one you kill, we all just get stronger! And with one more blow from Progress, you'll lose your right hand and then the legendary sword Gram will be no more too!"

Charybdis closed her eyes. Her back was to a wall, she was outnumbered, and killing an Orochi head just made the others stronger. Then again... they had success against her by overwhelming her with numbers... not strength...

Her eyes snapped open. Without any further delay, she trimmed her previously long, pink hair down, deciding at the last second to spare a good deal of her hair that hung down on the far-left side of her face, out of her eyes.

"Wrong. It's hopeless for you all because my will won't be broken. And the next thing I'm going to do is break your Progress, Katsuragi!"

Misato smirked. "Oh really?" She charged immediately, the other Hakkeshu surprised at her aggression. The burning arm stabbed at Chary's head, and yet the Sea Dragon held her ground.

"DIE!"

"REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!" Charybdis shouted as her left hand smashed into Misato's arm, the Orochi screaming in pain as her arm actually was knocked off. Chary immediately grabbed the flying arm, prayed that it was still empowered with Progress, then struck down, decapitating Misato instantly.

The Hakkeshu, this time, however, were unsurprised.

"Synch Ratio now increased to give us an extra 50% power... giving us each a grand total of 62.5% of our full strength." Rei announced.
_
"BUSTER WOLF!!!" Fenrir shouted as his deadly punch was sent at Kirishima, who smiled and responded in kind.

"BUSTER WOLF!" she shouted back, matching Fenrir their hands smashing into each other and the force knocking them back again.

"What the..." Fenrir said as he tried to catch his breath. "How'd you do that?"

Mana Kirishima just shrugged. "What do you think? We exist in my Mirror Dimension... created by this." She lifted up a small hand mirror in her left hand. "The Yata Mirror. Any action I've seen can duplicated by me once. You might relate it to 'Blue Magic' in an RPG... the ability to duplicate anything I've seen. It's pretty similar, you must admit..."

"Kirishima, stop this," Fenrir stated. "What the hell are you trying to do by helping Yuki out here? She's going to kill everybody, including Elly!"

"She's my goddess," Mana responded, lowering her pink-shaded glasses and looking at Fenrir. "And this is going to be HER world from now on!"

She slammed her hand back into a reflection of Fenrir, hitting it in the head. As if reacting to the reflection, Fenrir suddenly felt the painful blow to his face, screaming out in pain and blood shooting out.

Dammit, thought Fenrir as he stood up, looking at a smirking Mana. We'll see just how much SHE likes it then! He swung his hand back, breaking another mirror as well, only to double over from the pain in his gut.

"Boy... you are pretty dumb," Mana said as Fenrir growled, looking up at her. "Take a look around! As you can see... all these mirrors only show YOUR reflection!" She charged, deciding to humiliate Fenrir further in physical combat. "LONE NEEDLE!"

She blasted forward, slamming into Fenrir and smashing him into the mirror directly behind him, causing Fenrir to scream in pain more, collapsing to the floor.

"Hmph... utterly pathetic..." Mana remarked as Fenrir tried to get up. "You lie to us, betraying our trust when we met in the courthouse... trying to find and protect Poseidon..." she kicked Fenrir, sending him flying into another mirror and breaking it, shards of glass embedded in Fenrir's back to make the situation so much worse for him. "You're rotten, Volsung..."

Fenrir shook his head, trying to see straight. Mana was walking over to another mirror now, deliberately taking her time.

"Well? Anything to say?" she asked as Fenrir rose to his feet, his legs wobbly and stressed.

"Yeah..." He threw off the weighted clothing and then raised his hands up, taking a deep breath. "Alioth... Epsilon... no Garou... Densetsu SEI!"

He flung himself at Mana, who grinned. She slammed her fist into another mirror, seeing a series of bruises to burst up on Fenrir's arms and face...

But he kept moving towards her.

"FINE THEN!" Mana shouted as she charged.

"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!" they shouted, hammering into each other with murderous, mach 1 punches.

You can't win, Fenrir... your body is a wreck! Mana thought, enjoying the sight of Fenrir's attacks seemingly going slower and slower... fewer and fewer when...

WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM!

Mana flew back to the floor, looking at a panting Fenrir. "How... what did you do?"

Fenrir smirked. "Oh... it was pretty obvious, if you ask me... My punches just sped up so fast you couldn't see them! You thought I was losing steam, when it actually was the exact opposite!"

Mana growled in frustration... there Fenrir Volsung was standing, battered and bloody but haughtily looking at her...

And then her heart suddenly skipped a beat.

On one side of him, she saw a white wolf growling at her. And on the other...

No... she thought, suddenly feeling intense fear as the black entity looking down at her, flames bursting up all around it.

On Fenrir's left side stood the image of a Balrog.
_
Aiacos grinned at the creature's weakened form... the thing had endurance, just not much else. Its arms were twisted and heavily damaged, ichor-blue blood spewing out.

Yet he knew he didn't have any extra time, so he charged again.

"Garuda... FLAP!" He grabbed it by the head, flinging up in the air, the creature smashing through ceiling after ceiling...

Coincidentally smashing into the identical monster that was about to tackle and kill Franziska. The prosecutor's eyes were open wide as her knight without armor came jumping up from the hole in the floor, spinning in the air and shoot down at the two dazed creatures.

"GARUDA CLAW CRASH!" His feet smashed into their heads, shattering them. He turned and smiled at Franziska. "Told you I'd catch up."

"Whatever..." she answered before they both looked around. "So... who do you think this person with all these copies is?"

"No idea..."
_
Four dead. Four alive... and stronger than ever.

Yet Charybdis stood defiantly against the remaining Hakkeshu, taking one deep breath before priming herself.

"You're as good as dead now..." Kaede shouted as he and the other three prepared to move in for the killing blow. "It's curtains for you, Charybdis Tiamet!"

The all charged, Rei attacking first. "Kazekage..." she said quietly, slashing down. Charybdis dodged to the side, stabbing out with her index finger, but she suddenly vanished, reappearing above Chary and kicking her in the head. The Mariner flew backwards at Ran and Kaede, who slashed down again with their Progress blades. Charybdis barely dodged in time, only for the two to charge at her and pound their fists into her gut.

Charybdis was sent sailing away at Shinji as six angel-like wings appeared behind him. "Seraphim... WING!" He shouted as a yellow laser shot straight at Chary.

She grimaced, firing a Kairyunagi in response that was instantly overpowered. She was sent slamming into a building, the water level now up to her ankles.

The others were running out of time...

Shinji walked up to her, grinning sadistically as he prepared for the finishing blow. "Seraphim... WING!"

Charybdis threw herself at Shinji, stabbing out with her index and middle fingers. PLEASE, GRAM! she thought desperately, OVERPOWER IT! PLEASE!

Legendary sword struck Orochi-powered energy blast, the other three Hakkeshu looking on interest.

But suddenly blood shot everywhere, Shinji staggering back, his white and blue outfit reddening, a hole the size of Charybdis's finger right where Shinji's heart was. He collapsed at his feet, and Chary turned to face the other three.

"I will kill you," she announced evenly, the three surprised and wondering if they were hallucinating... the images of a sea dragon, as well as a six-headed serpent monster behind her and a strange, orange butterfly flying around her. She charged, not even hearing Re's remark of the new Synch Ratio level they were at.

Instead, she punched all three of them in the face, blowing them away from each other with a triplet of Kairyunagis and then chasing after Kaede just as he was getting up.

"World Finger!"

She slashed at his face, leaving a mark right across his eye level, which resulted in PROFUSE bleeding that killed him almost instantaneously. Chary turned just in time to see Ran stabbing at her. Chary really didn't care.

She stabbed out numerous times, blowing holes in Ran's body again and again with just her Gram-empowered finger before kicking the dead body away. She turned to face Rei, the only Hakkeshu surviving and charged.

"STOP!"

She stopped, a figure wearing golden armor jumping to the ground in-between them. Rei suddenly seemed different though surprised at the sight of the man.

Chary stopped dead in her tracks. It couldn't be... but that armor... it was the Gemini Gold Saint of Athena... that hair... hair so similar to how her had been before she just cut it...

"Kanon... Kanon Polydeuces Slate..." she said, surprised. This wasn't possible... it just couldn't be...
_
"DEAD HOWLING!" Fenrir shouted as Mana returned the favor, each one blasting away at each other with wolf-shaped beams, although almost all of them hitting each other and being negated. The two charged, punches flying every which way before both Mana and Fenrir flying away before charging again.

"BUSTER WOLF!" Fenrir shouted, expecting Mana to return the favor.

He was wrong.

She just stood there, smiling and waiting for him to reach her. She was crazy... Fenrir was sure of it, but as he sent his fist flying out at her, her hand lashed out instantly, hitting his chest.

Fenrir screamed in agony... a yell that even surpassed Cecil's when he was struck by Agony... and as he staggered away, Mana explained.

"I just won this fight," she stated plainly. "You can't possibly stop me now under any circumstances."

"How... how so...?" Fenrir coughed out in between at least a pint of blood.

Mana smirked. "Because I have keen eyes... in fact... it's 20/1."

"20/1?" Fenrir asked, confused.

"It means I can see something twenty feet away with crystal clarity while most people would need to be only one foot away. With these glasses on..." she tapped her pink-framed spectacles, "It jumps up to 20/0.1. And I noticed a fatal flaw in your Buster Wolf... the emphasis on fatal... right before you attack with it, there's a split second... probably only one hundred-thousandth of a second, where your heart is completely vulnerable! You're lucky to be alive after that last hit... you won't be as fortunate next time. Oh, and before I forget..." she snapped her fingers, every single mirror except for the one behind her shattering.

Fenrir screamed like never before... even being brutalized by Hilda hadn't hurt this bad. Yet he stayed on his feet, growling at Mana.

"I... WON'T... LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!" Fenrir shouted, charging. "BUSTER..." He raised his fist.

Idiot... Mana thought as she readied for the killing blow.

"WOL- DEAD HOWLING!" Fenrir shouted, springing to the side and surprising Mana. He flew by her, the Corona only able to look in complete surprise as the attack slammed into her, sending her smashing into a wall. Fenrir ran after her, punching her in the face and then kicking her back to where she had been just a few seconds before.

"BUSTER WOLF!" Fenrir shouted as Mana saw him coming at her once again. She retaliated appropriately, slamming her fist out into Fenrir's heart, but her fist hit something else.

Glass.

She hadn't gotten her bearings set after Fenrir's beatings... she had been looking at the mirror.

And since her reflection wasn't shown in the mirrors...

"YOU LOSE, KIRISHIMA!" Fenrir shouted, punching the back of her head, knocking her into the last mirror and shattering it. She hit the ground, looking up at Fenrir, who in spite of bleeding, being bruised, and completely exhausted, had overcome everything she had tried. "And I made sure to raise my left had so it would look like my reflection would raise its right. Clever, right?"

"Damn you... Volsung..." Mana said as she tried to get back to her feet, realizing suddenly that she couldn't move at all. He stood above her, the mirror in his hands before he crushed it.

"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!" Fenrir shouted again, hammering Mana's body again and again before the Mirror Dimension burst into flames and vanished, leaving them both in the real world again.

Mana's bloody, twitching body was left on the ground, staring up at the ocean above them as Fenrir walked up to the pillar and shattered it was a Dead Howling and began walking away.

"Wait..."

He stopped. "Yes, Kirishima?"

"I'm... not... going to die, am I?"

"If you keep your Hope alive, then you'll survive. I promise you that," Fenrir said as he continued away.

"Please... just a... minute more," Mana choked out. "How... how and why?"

He stopped, walking over to Mana and kneeling down. "I kept going because I refused to admit defeat. I knew not only did I have to beat you, but also that I could. I've taken down God Warriors and Specters... one Corona couldn't be too much trouble. As for why..." He stood up and started walking away. "There are countless orphans that Elly cares for. They shouldn't have to lose her... she's a good woman."

"Do you... love her?"

Fenrir didn't answer. He just started running south. Next stop... the Antarctic Pillar!
 
A/N: For anti-fans of Saori Kido out there… be glad she's not in this. Rei as the reincarnation of Athena is (hopefully) one of the bigger twists of this.