Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 35 ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The North Atlantic pillar came and met the fate of the others, and Isaac smiled as he saw in the distance the Indian Ocean pillar received the same fate. Cecil did his job, all right. He continued running flat-out, his injuries from Asuka seeming less and less painful with each passing second.

He ran past the ruins of the South Atlantic pillar, surprised to see Mana Kirishima trying to get up but in no condition to fight. He left her alone, no sense in beating a dead horse... or a nearly dead Corona.

Not long afterwards, however, he was surprised to see Fenrir staggering forward before dropping to his knees. Isaac quickly put on an extra burst, arriving at the God Warrior's side.

"You okay?" he asked, Fenrir looking up at him, panting. He certainly looked pretty bloody.

"Kirishima did a number on me... and I'm going to have to watch it when I use the Buster Wolf from now on too..." He winced in pain before Isaac quickly froze up some of his cuts. "Thanks."

"You did plenty more on Mana, mind you," Isaac answered as he helped Fenrir to his feet, the two taking a slower pace now, if only for the God Warrior's sake.

"What about you?"

"Finished that bout with Asuka Soryu Zepplin... hard but not hopeless."

"Hey you guys!" Cecil shouted as he came running into view, likewise injured from his past ordeals. "Alright... just one more pillar left!"

"Yeah," Fenrir answered. "And one more Corona too. After that, we take down Mina Yuki, and it's smooth sailing! Now let's-" He started running off, but suddenly yelped in pain humorously and clutched his side, "...Take a nice pace that'll still get us there in time but not so badly that my wounds are going to reopen then..."
_
Mina breathed slowly as she looked on to the final pillar, the Antarctic, standing proudly and defiant against the invaders of Atlantis. Mana, Asuka, and Hikari were all alive, she knew that. Being one's goddess had perks, mind you.

And Mizuki would stop this all. She'd form the wall that armies would have no chance of ever breaching. She'd-

Mina's thoughts were broken when she heard the gentle sobbing from inside Main Breadwinner... Julien... Poseidon was breaking down, crying like a baby at the destruction of his pillars.

Mina sympathized... she hated doing something to such a dear friend. Yet she still smiled... she felt it poetic justice to deliver suffering to such an eternal enemy.
_
"Alright! Finally!" the three boys said in relief as they saw the last pillar of the seven oceans before them. One good strike by all of them and-

"Good to see you've handled most of the work."

They turned, overjoyed at the figure standing before them, already wearing his Surplice and four silk bags on his back.

"Minos!" they cheered in unison, the Griffon Specter grinning as he looked around.

"Where's Charybdis?"

"Dealing with a bunch of idiots on the surface. Probably just toying with them," Isaac answered.

Minos shrugged. "I'll take a look into it after this... or at least see if Aiacos can. Anyways..." he opened up three of the bags, revealing the figurines of a blue wolf, orange and yellow manta ray, and a white tiger, each one with their design seemingly improved upon as Minos tossed them to the three...

"I'll be taking those!" shouted a female voice as a blue portal appeared on the ground between them, ghostly hands reaching up and grabbing the God Robes and Scale before the four men could react. They turned to see Mizuki Rajoshin standing there arrogantly, spinning her ceremonial wand in her hands.

Minos looked at her for a second before speaking. "Volsung, Bodu, Krylov. Get to Main Breadwinner. Wait till the pillar goes down, then get Poseidon's Scale to him immediately."

"We'll beat her tog-" Cecil started.

"No," Minos answered. "This isn't like any enemy you've fought before... even me..."

"The Specter knows a thing or two..." Mizuki said as she looked at her opponents.

"The other Coronas were relatively inexperienced... only about six months of fighting. Her... she's a miko... she's used to fighting, if only against spiritual enemies. You'd just get in the way," Minos said as he walked forward. "I'll be fine... I've got more experience fighting than even she does, but you three... she's not even half as strong as Hilda was with the Odin Robe, but she'd cut you to pieces in less than a quarter of the time."

Now wasn't the time for arguing or boyish pride. The three just ran off as Minos stared at Mizuki, Specter and Corona staring off at each other.
_
"Oh, hi... I didn't see you there."

"It's okay. Nobody really pays much attention to me anyways."

"You shouldn't be out here at night alone. What are you... four... five?"

"Four... and can't be much older."

"Yeah, but I'm training to be a Saint of Athena and I'm with a few of my friends."

"And I'm begging for food since my mother is pregnant and my dad was killed over a debt he didn't pay back. So if you're going to be spouting that 'hope and justice' crap the Saints are associated with, how about buying a loaf of bread or something?"

"Sorry."

"It's... okay... I have a way of running my mouth sometimes. What's your name?"

"Kanon. Kanon Polydeuces Slate. My big brother over there is Saga Kastor Slate. He's a year older than me, but we're called the Gemini Twins since we ARE Gemini and were born on the same day and the exact same time... just one year apart... May 30th."

"That's funny... it's my birthday too."

"You're kidding me."

"I'm not. Really. And my name is Charybdis Tiamet too."

"So your last name is a Babylonian mother goddess who took the form of a dragon... and your first name is a gigantic sea monster that anything that came into contact with it would forever be hers."

"You know Charybdis was a beautiful nymph before Zeus cursed her, remember!"

"All too well. But here, take it. We get an allowance at Sanctuary anyways. Buy yourself something decent."

"Thanks... I guess. I'll make it up to you sometime."

"Just see me here again tomorrow. That'll be repayment enough. Oh, and take this... it's not as pretty as that nymph you're named after... but a flower really looks good on you."

_
Charybdis never forgot that first meeting with Kanon... it had been so long ago...

Of course, things change and tragedy strikes many times, even as a child.

"I'm surprised to see you here, Kanon." Charybdis's voice was even, her previous shock gone as she looked at the blue-haired man.

"On the contrary... I almost expected you here. I assume that the others are disposing of Ambrosia as we speak?" his voice shared that even, unemotional tone. "I must thank you again, Dohko spoke nothing but praise about your handling of the Asgard situation."

"It wasn't just me," Chary answered back. Her eyes narrowed. "But what is this about?"

Kanon turned to Rei, the girl petrified at the sight of him for some reason. He pulled out a small figurine Charybdis recognized as the Athena Cloth... similar in most respects to the Poseidon Scale. He nodded before strike out, his hand piercing a hole in Rei's gut as he pulled out a large and disgusting parasitic life form and crushed it in his hand. Rei collapsed forward immediately, the Gold Saint catching her as she fell.

"What's this about, Kanon?!?" Charybdis shouted, frustrated at the lack of answers she was getting.

"Nerve had it down pat," he answered finally. "Just keep making somebody over and over again, making clones again and again of Miss Rei and do it at a rate over 1000 times faster than that of the normal birthrate and then immediately killing them after testing for what they wanted. It was going to be their bargaining chip against Sanctuary."

"What?"

Kanon turned to Chary and looked her straight in the eye. "Rei Ayunami was 'reborn' again and again specifically for the purpose so that when Athena was reincarnated... she'd be the reincarnation. I couldn't very well afford you to kill her... or worst yet... complete Instrumentality by creating a perfectly evolved human being, could I?"

Charybdis was dumbfounded at what he said, looking down at the girl in his arms. It was incredible... but he had no reason to lie whatsoever. But then again... this was the man that-

"SERAPHIM WING!"

"CHARY! WATCH OUT!"

Things seemed to move in slow motion, Charybdis getting shoved out of the way by Kanon who immediately was blasted by a beam of energy and was smashed through countless buildings. A Gold Cloth, was notorious for being even more durable than that of a Surplice for one of the Three Judges... Kanon most likely survived, but he was out of this fight as Charybdis turned back to see Shinji Ikari standing there, eight orange, spectral wings having emerged from his back. His eyes held a maddened look, and as he stared at Charybdis, he said one thing.

"Synch Ratio... 100%."
_
As Minos and Mizuki circled each other, the miko grinned and spoke up. "You should be wearing your helmet, Specter."

"Sorry... can't," Minos shrugged.

"What? Why not?"

"Because whenever a Specter goes on leave, but they're supposed to protect someone or a group of someones, they need to leave their helmet behind as a promise they'll return to the Underworld when time comes. That and the ideology that since we Specters are here with the good grace of the pantheons, we shouldn't appear as invaders and wear helmets."

"That's a stupid explanation."

"Yeah... it really is. The little rumor is that Lord Hades just hates helmets. But... Labyrinth String!"

His hands flicked out, the silver threads appearing out of nowhere as Mizuki sprang over them and spiraled in the air, dodging the lethal attack before skidding aside.

"Ah... that's where I recognized your spirit from... it was what... three and a half years ago? I was meditating yet the only thing I could sense from the Netherworld was trillions of voices saying 'The Destroyer is made manifest'... well, that and not long afterwards, another chorus announcing 'And yet the Basilisk stands triumphant.'"

"Makes sense. I'm the former Basilisk of the Celestial Swift Star... must be referring to Malphas."

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter. But..." Minos charged, blasting by Mizuki and punching her in the head. "That was easy... Cosmic Marionette!" He raised his hand up...

Yet nothing happened and Mizuki suddenly smashed into him, slashing down with her ceremonial wand and attacking the exposed parts of Minos's body. Blood was shed as she kicked Minos away and raised her wand in the air. Immediately, a strange blue portal appeared below Minos as hands reached up, grabbed him, and promptly dragged him into it...

Right before he appeared a hundred feet above Mizuki and plummeted onto her upraised fist.

An audible groan came from the Specter as Mizuki threw him to the side. Minos rose to his feet, breathing deeply and trying to regain his focus as Mizuki smirked.

"Aw... big bad Griffon lost his precious string..."

"I'll manage," Minos answered as he closed his eyes and let his breathing relax. Suddenly his eyes snapped open. "Oh... that was it. You just used your spiritual abilities to block my ability to create the string from nothing. I'll manage." His armor promptly flew off.

"Sacrificing defense for speed, I see," Mizuki said as she charged, slashing with her wand at rapid speed.

"Speed can be defense," Minos answered as he began back-stepping, turning and bending out of Mizuki's attacks before punching the priestess in the chest and knocking her back twenty feet. He went on the offense, charging at her and kicking her in the head. "Take-"

WHAM!

Mizuki had somehow disappeared and then reappeared at Minos's side, hammering him with rapid-fire punches before slashing him once across the chest with her wand, drawing blood.

Teleportation... Minos thought. But... it can't be like One World, can it?

Mizuki smirked at Minos's shock before following up with a flurry of seal-shaped energy blasts. Minos quickly went on the defensive again, letting his far-superior speed enable him to avoid each and every one...

But suddenly Mizuki appeared from above, slashing down again. This time he caught her wrists, but suddenly one seal hit him. Mizuki kicked him in the head and grinned as Minos went skidding across the floor... what's better was watching him try to get up.

Wha... Minos thought as he struggled to move... except it felt like his head was all mixed up. He was trying to move his legs, yet his fingers were flexing instead...

Mizuki laughed at the sight before kicking Minos hard in the head, causing him to hit the ground again. "You complete fool... my magic has effectively ruined your entire nervous system. You can still move your body parts... I'll give you that. However, it's terribly messed up and I made sure to make it so trying to speak would cause your body to instead drop its pants!"

Dammit! Minos thought, I didn't expect her abilities to be so versatile. She's got an equivalent to One World, she's severed my abilities to use string, and now my entire body is screwed over... but this won't be the end for me. I defeated the great Griffon Specter Aberfica Laocorn... and I helped Laimi and Radamanthys defeat Kira Yanosuke! And we all were there with Aiacos and Lune to took down Thanatos and Hypnos too and then I went on to kill Malphas Zephyr... There's something I've overlooked here!

Mizuki was growing irritated as Minos somehow managed to work through the new commands for moving his body before immediately snapping her fingers.

Another portal suddenly appeared underneath him as Mizuki gathered another energy sphere in her hands, Minos completely helpless against her.

"Let's go... MAKAI TEMPEST!"

The sphere hit Minos, blasting him around like a pinball, his unarmored body being heavily abused and pounded into the floor before leaving a bloody pool.

"Heh... you've still got some fight in your right... well then..." Mizuki said as she channeled up another group of hands to hold Minos down. "TIME TO FINISH THIS! MAKAI TEMPEST!"

The sphere shot out... but suddenly from the bottom of the portal, a swarm of strings emerged, piercing Minos's body at key pressure points to restore his body's nervous connections just in time.

He jumped in the air, Mizuki awestruck at this.

"GREATEST CAPTURE!"

She immediately was bound head to foot in string as he planted his fist in her face, sending her flying backwards.

"What... how?!?"

Minos shrugged. "Because your little gateway trick ISN'T One World. One World folds space... like folding a piece of paper to draw a line from one side to another. You were just creating little interdimensional portals to travel through. And although couldn't create string here... you got careless and that meant I could make string in your dimensions."

Mizuki growled at him before the string was shredded. She stood up and pointed at him, a fire of pure hatred in her eyes. "You and your damnable colleagues... trying to hurt Mina-ojosama... I don't care if I have to move worlds to do so... I WILL NOT LET HARM BEFALL HER!"

Mizuki charged, willing to give her life for her goddess.
 
A/N: Roughtly 90% of Mizuki's fighting style at the moment is based off her Samurai Showdown II apperance. That's going to change in the future, however.