Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 51 ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Franziska waited at the door of her older sister's house... sometimes wondering why Lorelei just didn't follow her father's career of being a lawyer like she and Lune had.

True, the Demon God Prosecutor was more feared than respected in some circles, but he always got his man. But then again, Lorelei just didn't have the heart for pounding her hands against a desk and pointing at people.

The door opened after a moment, Franziska smiling at the sight at her older sister. Like Lune and Franziska, Lorelei similarly sported the light-blue, almost white hair, although unlike Lune's somewhat controversial long hairstyle and Franziska's trimmed and professional short style, Lorelei's was simply made with a small ponytail in the back.

"Hey there," Lorelei said with a smile on her face. "How's it going?"

The younger German sister walked into the house, Lorelei not looking nine-years senior to Franziska despite that being the truth. "Well, got back from Japan. Finally met the King of Prosecutors..."

"Well..." Lorelei asked as she let Franziska sit down before getting some tea, "What was he like?"

"In some instances... over-the-top, like 'Strike fear in the hearts of evil or get humiliated trying'. But..." Franziska smiled as she took the tea, nodding, "But he also had that knack about him, a confidence that's justified, like he knows what he's doing and knows what he's up against... I can clearly see why he was such a sensation when he started practicing law."

"I know what you mean. I just talked to Lune and Reiji on the phone... they said how you really spent a lot of time with him taking down Nerve."

"Yeah, it's tru- wait..." Franziska looked at her older sister, confused. "You just talked with Reiji and Lune?"

Lorelei nodded. "Like about a day ago. Didn't you see the news?"

Franziska shook her head. "Jet lag after flying from Japan can be murder... I've been in bed trying to get my bearings for the past few days. But I sorta had a hunch they weren't dead."

Franziska shrugged. "Well, considering they walked into the Coroner's Office in Tokyo and pointed out how their presumed cadavers looked nothing like the real deal, they're officially 'alive' again. What a relief too."

Franziska smirked. "He came through."

"What?"

"Nothing."
_
"Kyoto!" Asuka shouted triumphantly as she, Mana, Horoki, Aiacos, and Radamanthys walked off the train. "Now all we have to do is track down wherever the Four Symbols are!"

Mana smirked. "What? With my skills as an investigator and Asuka's new power to question the spirits of objects as well as people and get answers that aren't just 'yes' or 'no', we'll track them down in no time!"

"Good point," Radamanthys said as he looked around, "But we'll need to find something of the Four Symbols to track down their base of operations."

"Or someone," Aiacos corrected.
_
Mizuki sat down at the kiosk, quickly downing the ramen noodles she had ordered and then paying for the meal. Here she was, in Kyoto. She never felt better... okay, her injuries from Isabeau and Galford didn't bother her, but she didn't feel right.

Mina was here, somewhere. The Four Symbols ALWAYS returned to Kyoto, that's what the archives said. They were here, somewhere... she was sure of it.

Thanking the vendor again, Mizuki stood up and looked around. She didn't even know what any of the Four Symbols looked like except for Isabeau... which meant tracking down the bitch if she was to have any hope of saving Mina.

Thankfully, she had a pretty good idea of where to look.
_
"Uh, ma'am... are you planning on actually paying for any of these items?" asked the sales attendant as a particular red-head continued to walk into the changing booth and coming out with the most gaudy and cheap of outfits.

Eventually Isabeau turned to him and shrugged. "Me? Pay for them?" she repeated before shaking her head. "No, no no..." She walked up to the man, staring him down. The sight of his face reddening and sweat forming on his brow, even without the slightest bit of her powers at use, made her feel... aroused.

"B-but-"

"You are going to pay for them," Isabeau said, raising her hand up and holding it against the bottom of his chin.

"Th-that's against company p-poli-"

"Do it or I'll rip something off you," Isabeau commanded, her other hand drifting down before grabbing onto a certain pair of somethings.

The man's voice jumped two octaves as he looked at her nervously before nodding. "F-fine... I'll-"

"MAKAI BINDING!"

That voice... Isabeau thought as she suddenly found herself all wrapped up in a dark yet sticky substance.

"ISABEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mizuki roared as she charged at Isabeau from the side, Suzaku jumping away at the last second. Isabeau's outfit suddenly vanished, leaving her completely naked before her leather outfit again materialized... although now it was unzipped, her pants only went down to about the midpoint of her thighs, and her top was sleeveless.

"Do you have any decency standards?!?" Mizuki shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at her nemesis, who shrugged.

"Hey, it's your fault if you look down there. Knowing what you are, though, I wouldn't be surprised."

Mizuki was tempted to respond, but opted not to, instead cursing the fact that she had stored the Mizuki of old's miko robes in a locker a few floors down. She had expected her self-control to be strong enough to grab the clothing first and then come back...

Looking at the sales attendant, Mizuki's very body posture spoke a single word... Leave.

The man did so, Mizuki turning back to face Isabeau. Shouts and screams were heard in the background, but it mattered not to them at all.

"What are you expecting? Things are going to be the same here."

Mizuki shook her head. "No. I swear, no matter what, I will kill you." She pulled back for a punch, shadows forming around her fist as she charged. "MAKAI..."

Isabeau smirked. Idiot bitch. No matter what she tries, my fiery aura will block all foreign hostilities.

Sure enough, the flames erupted around Isabeau, but Mizuki didn't flinch at all as she struck.

"GAUNTLET!"

Isabeau, in all of her life, was proud of her abilities. True, all her fire manipulative techniques, flight due to her fairy-like wings, and other abilities as Suzaku were very wonderful, but she had a special part in her heart dedicated to loving her aura.

In short, it sensed, on reflex, ANYTHING that had even the slightest chance of harming her. Bacteria, allergens, harmful materials in food, anything.

She thought herself invincible.

So when Mizuki's fist smashed into her face, it was literally the first time her whole life she felt pain.

And blood flew into the air as there was the sound of bone breaking, Isabeau's body being knocked back.

"If it can't burn, your aura can't stop it," Mizuki stated as Isabeau slid back, feeling her face. Her nose had been broken... blood coming down from it. "Boo-hoo. Get up. I took a million times worse than that with my fight against Minos."

Isabeau grit her teeth before pointing at Mizuki. "JUST DIE ALREADY!"

Suddenly Mizuki screamed as an explosion burst from her body, but unlike Isabeau, Mizuki stayed on her feet, wincing in pain. Just... just how does she do that? Was it like Horoki's Auto-Destruct form of the Kusanagi sword? I... I need to figure that out!

Isabeau was surprised at Mizuki, the girl was still on her feet after spontaneously combusting? Well, she did that in their last fight...

But why did she look little worse for wear though? Last time, she had ended up quite bloody?

"I'm guessing it's the shock from me hitting you."

Isabeau snarled as she pointed at Mizuki again. "DON'T PUSH ME!"

Mizuki smiled. On the contrary...

"BOOM!"

Mizuki shouted in pain again from another explosion, but smiling when Isabeau blinked. The Italian wondered why she had seen a flash of black, if only for a split second around the department store room as Mizuki got back to her feet, dusting herself off.

"You'll need to think up some new moves now. Otherwise..." Mizuki announced, "You won't be able to lay a finger on me."

Isabeau looked at her in shock. This is absurd... how's she doing this?!? Now that I actually am in Kyoto, my power exceeds that of most gods! Yet she's survived blows that would have probably killed my brother or the others! "HELLFIRE TAKEOFF!"

Mizuki, even before the words had been announced, sprang to the right, avoiding the burst of fire before charging again. "MAKAI LEGGING!" Her leg thrust out, the black substance again coating it and breaching Isabeau's aura, catching her in the gut. "I'm thinking it's just your confidence is shattered, Straffi." Isabeau stood there, trying to catch her breath as Mizuki smirked. "Or maybe..." she pulled out a small bag. "It's that you lost your little bag and now you're not on Kyoto?"

"WHAT?!?"

Mizuki promptly looked around before throwing the bag down a couple of floors of the mall. "Well, to be fair, you're in Kyoto, but you just lost your little bag, and you're not actually standing on material from Kyoto. You need to keep Kyoto's soil, land, whatever, close to you... being on the fifth floor of a mall doesn't cut it. Especially since it was built from materials imported from America."

Isabeau suddenly began sweating... was this true? Yes... yes it was. It made sense.

But now that she knew what the cause of her sudden drop in power... solving it would be surprisingly eas-

Mizuki quickly sent another round of the phantom hands shooting across the ground, Isabeau being grabbed by them and being dropped high from the ground.

Surprisingly, the Italian hit the ground hard not too far away, slamming down into a wooden bench. She turned around, seeing Mizuki standing above her, wand in hand.

"I wish I could torture you more, Straffi, but I can't. Really, my only regret is that one stab to the heart will kill you, and thus will end the life of the Vermilion Bird."

Isabeau looked Mizuki dead in the eye, seeing those cruel, merciless eyes of a miko staring into hers. Suddenly she let off a small laugh. "Kill me and you'll never find Mina."

"I'll manage."

Mizuki stabbed down as Isabeau laughed.

"HELLFIRE TAKEOFF!"

Mizuki looked down in surprise as she was blasted into he air by an incredibly hot blast of flame, and the inertia she had built up as she fell was enough to smash through several floors of the mall right on front of Isabeau as she smirked.

"The bench was made from Kyoto wood, bitch," Isabeau said as she looked down at Mizuki. "Now just..."

"HOLD IT!"

WHAT?!? Isabeau thought as she looked around for whoever had shouted that. The voice was male... but the mall was deserted now... nobody around at all!

"Behind you."

She turned around to see a Japanese man with red hair standing in front of her. He wore a business suit... she thought she had seen him somewhere before. Most notable, however, was how his red hair blocked all sight of his left eye, that was, until he lifted the hair up and slicked it back.

He looked Isabeau dead in the face, the sight of his left eye causing her to take a step back in shock.

Just who was he?!?

"Reiji Mitsurugi," he announced. All around his left eye there was horrible scarring, his eye looking just fine, but making the shock of the sight that much more unnerving. "Doppelganger of the Terrestrial Mimicry Star."

A Terrestrial Star Specter?!? Isabeau thought as she shook her head, regaining her focus. Grabbing one of the wooden planks of the bench, she jumped back. She was planning on bringing Mizuki along with her, but she'd have to handle this joker first. Come to think of it... the initial surprise of seeing him had faded away. She raised up her hand. "HELLFIRE-"

"THOUSAND CADAVER DROP!"

The words overpowered her... like a lawyer's would. She looked up, on instinct, seeing what seemed like hundreds of dead bodies drop on her from above. What's worse was how...

How her aura wasn't stopping them!

Charging Reiji, she bowled him over with a punch before running away...
_
"MIZUKI!!!" shouted Horoki, Mana, and Asuka as their friend slowly recovered consciousness. She looked up, seeing the other Coronas, Radamanthys, and Aiacos standing there, as well as another figure she really didn't recognize.

"Reiji Mitsurugi," the man said, reaching down and shaking her hand. "I was the driver that was seemingly killed a few days back. I thought it wise to keep tabs on you. Boss man Aiacos and the others noticed where you were when the sparks started flying, literally, and between the illusion powers of Aiacos and Horoki's sword in its Tisiphone form, along with me getting here first, I managed to scare Isabeau off. Good thing too... she would've wiped me out in a second."

"Thanks," she said before trying to get up. "But I feel like an idiot... Isabeau beat me... again..." She stood up, but Mana suddenly looked down on the floor.

"What's that?"

"What?"

"That bag?"

"Oh... it's Isabeau. I managed to lift it off her."

"You mean... it's... Isabeau's?" Asuka asked, her eyes lighting up.

 
A/N: Lorelei von Karma based off the fan character of the same name. This Reiji Mitsurugi more based off of Matt Engarde, since we already have too many silvery-haired prosecutors in this story.