Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 57 ( Chapter 57 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Isabeau snarled. That goddamn miko just had NO idea when to call it quits! "Nearly burned a crisp..." she growled, "Hit by a Hellfire Takeoff while my power exceeded that of even most gods... and now getting out of a pool of lava without even a few first degree burns..."

Flames erupted around her, although Mizuki seemed unfazed as she stepped forward. "Mina-ojosama," she said as she turned to her goddess, "Try to get the others out of here as soon as possible. I'll give you all the time I can."

"Mizuki..." Mina said as she looked the girl in the eyes, "You don't mean-"

"HOLOCAUST!!!"

Mizuki suddenly reacted as if guided by a divine spirit, a large black fist shooting down from the ceiling into Isabeau's face and smashing her down further into the fortress.

"Don't you even think that I'm going to do some sort of cliche'd romantic death or anything." Mizuki's voice was stern, but it did shake all thoughts of the nature out of Mina's head as the miko jumped down after Isabeau.
_
"Sylphid."

Minos looked up to see Hilda standing there, running a hand through his hair and smiling down at him. A quick look around him informed the Griffon Specter he was still in Asgard...

In what was likely Hilda's bed.

Oh shi-

"You took that hit pretty badly," she said, Minos quickly looked down to see a multitude of bandages wrapped around his gut. "I think I must've hit something vital... considering all the blood that was spilling out and all."

"What time is it?" Minos asked.

"More like what day. You've been out of it for almost a month. And that's good, because you are going to go down and help Cecil and Fenrir and the others in this stupid tournament that you dragged them into. I've already arranged transportation for them; they should be on a plane to Greece in less than a day."

"Out of the question," Minos answered. "I'm not going back-"

SLAP!

"DAMMIT MAN!" Hilda barked, repeating what he had said to her that cold, tragic day, "Suck it up! What makes it so bad to give some friend of yours and your teacher feet of clay anyways?!?"

"Dohko Kido is a hero of Sanctuary! That's what! An idol... a man that will outlive all of us yet remains a young soul, someone that always is there for support and encouragement! And now I-"

"Minos, I don't care." She stood up, her expression the polar opposite of the caring one that had graced her features not long ago. "I'm expecting you there eventually. So help me, if you don't fight even one round in that tournament... I'll kill you. You owe it to them to be there, dammit."

She slammed the door, leaving Minos alone in what seemed to be the dark.
_
Isabeau and Mizuki tumbled to the ground, rolling away from each other as both Suzaku and miko charged. "HELLFIRE TAKEOFF!"

The fires burst around Mizuki, yet the girl acted as if it didn't harm her whatsoever, and before Isabeau knew it, Mizuki was right in front of her. The fist to the face did not make things better for her.

She hit the ground, sliding back while looking up at Mizuki, confused. "How did you-"

"It's the robes," Mizuki said, looking down that the clothes she had vowed to save Mina with. "It's these robes, which..." she smiled. Combat Awareness certainly helped in these cases. "They attract energy in the form of heat at a rate 10,000 times greater than any other object yet at the same time won't burn. So unfortunately..."

My fires can't even singe her! Isabeau thought as she flipped back up to her feet. Fine then... I have other tricks and moves up my sleeves...

Crossing her arms in front of her, two light-blue discs of energy appeared in them that she immediately launched at Mizuki. Rajoshin ducked out of the way, the weapons redirecting their course in the process. "WHAT THE HELL!?!" I hadn't expected her to have something like that at her arsenal!

Mizuki did the only natural thing: bend out of the way of the lethal attacks as quickly as humanly possible, the discs arcing around again after her as she charged at Isabeau... who oddly enough clapped at the action. "You're going to try that 'duck out of the way and let them hit me' trick, right?"

Isabeau immediately sprouted her fairy wings and took flight just as Mizuki reached her, the miko thinking fast. She couldn't fly but there were always other alternatives. A small line her trademark black substance shot out of her hand and landed on Isabeau's foot, Mizuki pulling up and swinging out of the way at the last possible second, the discs taking some of her hair in the process.

Two more black strands impaled them, Mizuki spinning them around and launching them straight at the surprised Isabeau. The Vermilion Bird immediately dropped to the ground, dissipating them with her mind and then charging at the grounded miko. Mizuki rolled out of the way of one of her punches in time and then shot up, kicking with both her feet into Isabeau's chest and knocking the wind out of her. This was her chance. Mizuki realized it immediately.

A fist to her stomach bent Isabeau just in time to catch Mizuki's raising knee, the redheaded Italian spinning away with more blood flowing from her already broken nose. Mizuki charged her and punched, but Isabeau flipped in the air, catching herself on Mizuki's outstretched arm and kicked her in the side of the head. Mizuki went skidding away on the ground, the left side of her face feeling like it was on fire.

"Surviving my attacks... then figuring out a way to harm me... developing Combat Awareness..." Isabeau dryly stated as she approached Mizuki, "And now have some damn piece of cloth that makes all my flames useless against you! You just don't get it. YOU SHOULDN"T BE THIS STRONG IN A MILLION YEARS! KNOW YOUR PLACE IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS, YOU BITCH!"

Isabeau kicked out as her leg again mutated into that gigantic, disgusting giant appendage, nearly impaling Mizuki by its sheer force.

Mizuki groaned in pain, trying to pry herself off the wall she was embedded in. The sight of a tentacle shooting at her head caused her to think fast, ghostly hands grabbing her from below and dropping her next to a surprised Isabeau.

"MAKAI GAUNTLET!"

Another punch to the head caused Isabeau to stagger back, Mizuki surprised to see a whole host of Plagas-like tentacles bursting through her skin at numerous points.

"What the-"

Isabeau smirked as she took a few steps back. The smirk followed by a short chuckle... which seemingly drifted on into hysterical fits of laughter.

Eventually, Isabeau got through the laughs, cruelly smiling towards Mizuki. "You finally see them... These wonderful T-Series Plagas... empowering me with strength beyond your imagination due to the sorrow and loneliness in my heart."

"What?"

She shrugged before wiping a tear away from her face. "It's simple. We -the Four Symbols- planned an emergency backup plan... We'd all be outfitted with a Plagas so the sorrow that would fill us if one of the others were to die would raise our strength. Of course..." Isabeau shrugged, "I decided to take all four for myself... And with Shigen, Kaede, and my brother all dead... well, the power that's coursing through my veins is just phenomenal. You have absolutely no chance of survival."

Two tentacles sailed through the air horizontally, one at neck-level, one at the waist. Mizuki quickly calculated the appropriate angel to jump through them with her newfound Combat Awareness and then acted, jumping through only to see Isabeau grin.

"TOO SLOW!"

Another tentacle shot out of her hand, spraying a fizzing yellow liquid everywhere... obviously acid. Summoning up another Makai Wrecking, Mizuki wrapped the cable of it around Isabeau's initial two tendrils and using it to swing Isabeau away before smashing her into the floor, Suzaku looking up just in time to see the gigantic wrecking ball pound into her.

"Take that," Mizuki said with a smirk, but keeping her defenses raised. Isabeau wasn't dead yet... and she knew that quite well.
_
"Over here!" Mina shouted as she saw the bloody figures of Radamanthys and Aiacos stagger into view... Ambrosia helping Asuka walk, the Reigouki-blessed Mana with Lune over her shoulder, and Reiji helping Horoki.

The two Judges saw them and grinned, but put no effort to reach them quicker as sounds of the battle below continued to rock the building.

"Suzaku the only one left then?" Aiacos asked. Mina nodded. "Good. Let's get out of here then."

"WHAT?!?" Mana shouted. "Our friend is down there fighting for her life! We can't just-"

"It's okay," Mina spoke up, understanding what Aiacos meant. "Pride of the fighter, right?"

"Yeah," Radamanthys panted. "Rajoshin knows she can do it, she doesn't need any of us jumping in on her fight."

"But-" Mana started to speak up.

"Relax!" Reiji soothed with a grin on his face. "She'll be fine... now let's just get out of here so she doesn't have to worry about any bystanders!"

Mana nodded after a moment, hesitantly agreeing before they all started moving towards the exit.
 
A/N: More cheapness on Isabeau's part. I swear, it hurts whenever I think about that character… truly the only villain in this whole series I thoroughly hate. Then again, I based her off of the character I hate the most in cartoons.
 
Plus, Hilda finally gives Minos the slap he deserves for the infamous “Dammit, woman!” line which just keeps springing up. ^_^