Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 59 ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"RAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Mizuki screamed as she ran full-sprint at Isabeau, Suzaku forming another burning sword and slashing down. Mizuki moved as fast as she possibly could, spinning to the left and hitting the Italian in the face with her elbow. Isabeau reeled back, growling in frustration before tackling Mizuki.

"LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN! HELLFIRE PILEDRIVER!" The redhead's eyes burned with an unearthly red hue, and the two of them jumped into the air and suddenly shot down straight back towards the bottom of the fortress.

Mizuki winced as she was smashed through several stone floors, but she didn't let that shake her focus. She had to figure some way to escape... just something...

They reached the lava, Isabeau's eyes flashing for a moment as the rock burst into flame and melted, Isabeau smiling. "Burning with my sorrow... and capable of killing yo-"

"MAKAI BUNGEE!" Mizuki suddenly screamed out.

WHAT?!?

A black band fired from Mizuki's leg, hitting the ceiling and causing them to rebound upwards. Mizuki head-butted Isabeau hard , causing Straffi to let go and allow Mizuki to jump to safety on the circular arena below. Isabeau, without her wings, fell into the flames around them, but quickly burst out, thoroughly enraged at Mizuki.

This bitch... THIS BITCH! Plagas tentacles shot everywhere, but were immediately caught and held by a multitude of black fists that likewise shot out of everywhere, Mizuki charging again.

"MAKAI WRECKING!"

Yet Isabeau was confused... all she saw coming at her was Mizuki... where was her-

A sudden jolt of electricity coursed through her body, Isabeau's body completely locking up in the process.

"Just yelling out the wrong attack for purposes of deception," Mizuki said with a grin as Isabeau stood there, completely helpless. "I rewired your nerves and muscles... causing all of them to tense up, however, the telling your mind to use the antagonistic muscles to move your body will do nothing at all." She was staring Isabeau straight in the face, their noses almost touching. "I learned that against Minos... never give your opponent an opportunity if you don't have to."

Isabeau suddenly began sweating as Mizuki began walking away. She tried to channel up any kind of attack... even just a little flame or something... but her muscles just tightened further and further. The pain was unbearable as Mizuki generated her black bow again.

"My only regret..." Mizuki sighed as she formed an arrow, "Is that the force of this arrow will probably won't kill you." Mizuki took aim and was about to fire. Isabeau wished she could at least close her eyes... but then...

"No." Mizuki was walking closer to her, before her arrow was held directly against Isabeau's forehead. "I'd shoot you in the heart, but it's so shriveled up from incest and everything that I doubt I could hit it." Mizuki then prepared to fire, but then smirked.

She aimed down, firing into Isabeau's kneecap, shattering the bone instantly.

Isabeau suddenly sunk down, cursing the fact that although she could not even scream in pain, her glands were still working... tears streaming out of her eyes from the pain and the knowledge with her death, Moriya and the others would go unaveng-

You foolish girl.

Eurydice!

Sorrow has fully become embedded in your very soul. Use it.

"But enough playing around." Mizuki's sadistic words brought Isabeau back to reality as Mizuki again took aim at Isabeau's head. "This time, seriously."

She didn't expect the tears on Isabeau's face to suddenly light up and catch on fire...

Let alone explode.

Mizuki screamed as she skidded across the ground, burned badly and bruised from the ploy as another pair of fairy wings emerged from Isabeau's back... seeming more majestic yet at the same time almost causing Mizuki to wish to puke in disgust. "The sorrow... the pain in my soul..." Isabeau slowly stated as she pointed at Mizuki. "It now has no limits. Just like my strength. Boom."
_
Just as Mina and the others finally reached the outskirts of the fortress, it seemed that some god had displayed a twisted sense of humor. A gigantic explosion consumed the entire building in flames, all of them turning around in shock.

Radamanthys couldn't believe it. Mizuki... she had seemed so determined and-

"She's still alive."

Everyone turned to see Mina standing there, a stone wall without emotion facing the flames. "I refuse to believe anything contrary to this fact."
_
Isabeau smirked as the smoke cleared... the burned and severely bloody image of Mizuki staggering out of it.

"This time, Rajoshin... I'll make sure to kill you."

Mizuki stood there, on all fours, trying to catch her breath as Isabeau touched down, her injuries not slowing her down at all as she walked straight up to Mizuki and pointed a finger at her head.

"Boom."
_
Julien winced again in his hospital bed... something was wrong... he could feel it. Aiacos, Radamanthys, and the others had gone off to fight... but they hadn't said anything about Mizuki...

Groaning as he got out of bed, hoping he had the strength for this kind of action, he grabbed his Scale and was about to hobble out of the bed, stopping when he wondered something...

He turned around, grabbing something else before making full speed for the rooftop.
_
Isabeau was astonished as Mizuki groaned in pain, trying to get up after a that point-blank explosion.

"I..." she said, the robes of the Mizuki of old now mere tatters, "I promised on these clothes..."

"Promised what?" Isabeau asked, irritated.

"That I'd protect Mina-ojosama!" Mizuki roared, trying to get up. Isabeau smirked at the line, walking up to her at about to deliver the finishing explosion when the sound of stone being cut caused her to jump away... just in the nick of time too.

Poseidon's trident... seemingly thrown from Tokyo, smashed into Mizuki's body again, the girl's eyes wide in shock. Isabeau simply laughed. It was that funny. "No Griffon to save you this time," she said.

She didn't expect Mizuki to grin, pulling the weapon out and pointing at the top. Isabeau's eyes bugged out.

THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE!

There, impaled by the trident first... proof that Julien had the foresight to take a precaution he wouldn't kill anyone...

Were several volumes of Sea Ruler Oceanus.

Isabeau shrieked in rage before charging, Mizuki pulling the books off of the weapon and created another bow. "FINALLY! An arrow with an edge! MAKAI KAI-OU SOGEKI!!!"

Mizuki fired instantly, the trident shooting out and ripping through Isabeau's midsection, blood shooting everywhere as Isabeau howled in agony... her upper half rising to the air as her face held on it a look of pure rage.

"YOU... JUST WHEN WILL YOU DIE! I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE, GODDAMN WORLD TO A CRISP... STARTING WITH YOU!!! JUST BLOW UP ALREADY!"

Mizuki looked at her, praying to Mina for help.

PLEASE! Please... just let me tap back into Combat Awareness for a little while longer! she begged... expecting to die any second now. Her legs were about to go out and-

I SEE IT!

She jumped to the side as the explosion demolished the entire area she had been just a few seconds ago as she jumped into the air, pulling her fist back, Isabeau grinning at the gesture.

"Makai..."

"HELLFIRE-"

"108..."

"EXECUTION!!!"

A torrential storm of bird-shaped flames sailed down at Mizuki as she finally finished her chant.

"SALUTE!!!"

At first, Isabeau thought Mizuki's aim had been a little... well, very much off. A black beam that spiraled out, not hitting any of the birds or even her... just looping around them in a large helix-like shape.

But then the true attack came, Mizuki screaming out some wordless cry as millions of black fists burst out of the barrier, Isabeau turning in shock. Her attack was instantly overpowered, crushed... beaten to death as the fists then began their work on her, Mizuki becoming closer and closer with each passing second... Isabeau finally noticing those manga books were still in her hands as Mizuki slapped a few ofuda seal on them while whispering "Polymorph."

The fists continued to ravage her, beating her remains to a bloody pulp, ruthlessly breaking every bone in her body and leaving her no room for a counter, but suddenly Mizuki began to fall back to the ground again. Desperate to finish the fight here and now, Mizuki focused her willpower as a jetpack-like device suddenly appeared on her back, complete with wingtips. “MAKAI SCRANDER!” She shot at Isabeau like a rocket, and the Vermilion Bird could not believe what was in the miko's hand.

"GOD I LOVE HOW PAPER COMES FROM WOOD... JUST LIKE WANDS!"

Isabeau couldn't believe it...

She had polymorphed the books into a new ceremonial wand...

Isabeau couldn't believe it... even at her best, Mizuki... a mere human had clawed her way to victory. That wooden weapon was shooting down now... a look of pure, unadulterated hatred on the miko's face.

"FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MINA!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, plunging the weapon into Isabeau's head.
_
The flames had slowly died away outside... as as everyone else lay on the ground, exhausted from their struggles, Mina continued looking on into the building, waiting the inevitable.

Slowly... slowly a smile formed on her lips, the goddess of the Sun seeing her miko step from the blaze and walk forward proudly.

"Mina-ojosama..." Mizuki said... walking up to the smaller girl and then smiling. "I... I did it."

She collapsed into her goddess's arms, Mina relieved at long last. As strong as hope was, seeing those hopes come true was so much better.

"Yes... you really did."

A short, but warm kiss between them -blocked from the view of the Specters by the other Coronas, of course- signaled the end of the day's struggles.

It was over. They had done it, together.

 
A/N: “Kai-oh” meaning “Sea Ruler”.
 
And I must say, killing Isabeau has been, to this date, the most fulfilling thing I've written in this story. Because she, and character that inspired her, just need to die.