Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 62 ( Chapter 62 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hey, Hyoga!"

A blonde-haired man opened his eyes, looking around. He was still in his temple, that of the Aquarius Saint. His patron constellation's image was abound, in the forms of statues and paintings of the Water Bearer. This disgusted him... there was only one place in the whole world he should be... and no one, not even Pope Aiolos, ought to be able to deny him that. Even the mere restriction of once per week infuriated Hyoga. "I thought I said..." he growled, turning around, and standing up, his Gold Cloth forming on him. "That I should not be disturbed under any circumstances!"

He caught sight of the woman that had called to him. She stood there in plain clothes, a basic white shirt with the image of a snake eating itself on the back, the "Ouroboros" as she called it. Her long, green tresses only partially hid a face she could now show to the world, and anyone that she needed to kill. Around her neck as a rather friendly-looking boa constrictor, which she happily petted while Hyoga growled at her.

"Like I care? You won't risk a 1000-day battle here, would you? After all... I'm the Ophiuchus Saint. And you know what that means, Hyoga," the woman said with a grin. "Besides, don't stay cooped up here all day. Did you even bother checking the brackets for the tournament?"

Hyoga snorted. "Shaina, I don't give a damn. I-"

"It's Isaac," Shaina said as she turned and began walking away. Hyoga's face going flush in shock and surprise. He... he's alive?!? Dohko had made some joke about- but he never said that- and Kanon too! Wha... wha... Hyoga shook his head, running full sprint down the stairs. Between his Gold Saint abilities and his familiarity with Sanctuary, he could reach the arena in three minutes.
_
The Hound Saint screamed in pain as Isaac shot into the air from his trademark Kholodnyi Smerch, the tornado appearing around him and then shattering. To be fair, Isaac was impressed with the man's strength and endurance, but the fight was nearing its end. For once, he enjoyed the fact his opponent was clearly his inferior... rather than taking a beating during the struggle.

Asterion wiped the blood from his mouth as Isaac stared at him from a distance, grinning. "Did you ever know that a Saint's cloth can freeze? Freezing a Gold Cloth is pretty damn hard... you need to hit Absolute Zero. But for a mere Silver..." He did some quick mental math, "Only -200 Celsius. That's a joke to me... after withstanding that kind of temperature on Death Queen Island."

The Silver Saint shook his head, looking at Isaac and trying to get a mental lock on him. Asterion's true strength came not from physical power... but from reading minds. Before today, he had never lost a fight... never even been hit in battle. Only one other Silver Saint had matched this feat... the Lizard Saint, Sabrina Misty, although in a different way.

Isaac tapped the side of his head. "Nice try... seriously." His eyes narrowed. "Unfortunately, the last opponent I fought had a similar trick. I put my mind to the task of blocking the thoughts... it's kinda easy after a whole month."

Asterion charged again, punching out, Isaac calmly bending back before kicking out his legs before outstretching his fist right in front of Asterion's face. A point-blank Aurora Borealis sent Asterion screaming in pain, his face light-blue from the cold and his Cloth's headpiece shattering as Isaac charged for the final blow.

Maybe this tournament wouldn't be so bad after-

"ISAAC!"

He knew that voice. But...

He turned in mid-run, seeing a figure in gold armor had come down to the arena, their gazes meeting as the figure noticed Isaac's ruined left eye. There was no doubt...

It was Hyoga. Hyoga had become a Gold Saint.

WHAM!

Before Isaac realized what had happened, he found himself thrown to the ground outside the arena, seeing Asterion stare down at him with a grin on his face.

"Hyoga..." Isaac said in shock, just lying there.
_
"WINNER... ASTERION!" the announcer said, the entire crowd going wild, although Fenrir, Cecil, and Charybdis could only look at the newcomer as Asterion and Moses laughed in victory.

"This is personal," Charybdis said as she stepped up to fight Asterion next. Pausing for a moment, she turned to Fenrir and Cecil. "Check on Isaac... please." She turned away, willing away the tears. She could believe it... Hyoga was alive... and a Saint! And judging the armor-

She shook her head. Focus, Chary.
_
"Isaac... ISAAC!" Hyoga shouted in surprise, running over to his friend and hugging him closely, tears streaming down his face. "You... you're alive! You survived and... and you became a Mariner!"

"It's... it's good to see you... too..." Isaac answered, surprised at Hyoga's hysterics before he suddenly stopped.

"You... your eye! What happened!" Hyoga's voice seemed off-kilter, the man horrified by the sight of it.

"Oh... my eye?" Isaac asked. Hyoga nodded. "Got impale by a bunch of ice while I was saving you. Small price, just to see you here and-"

Hyoga moved fast... Isaac's face going white in shock as Hyoga brought his left hand up and -without a trace of emotion- impaled his left eye. Hyoga grinned at Isaac... who was beginning to think the boy that had been such inspiration for him had taken a severe turn for the worse.

"There... my debt to you is-"

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?" Isaac shouted, Hyoga not bothered at all as the blood streamed down his face. Judging by the stalemate between Asterion's mind reading and Charybdis's One World, he realized the audiences were more focused on him and Hyoga than anything else.

Hyoga smiled, shocked by his dear friend's reaction. "You suffered because of me and-"

"Don't give me that shit!" Isaac shouted back. "You think I was some angsty loser these years? I had my life and the faith you were alive! I kept living on and-"

"REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!"

The sound of Charybdis's signature move striking into Asterion, causing the man to fly into the stadium seating and make the spectators flee from the area caused Isaac to turn back to the battle, but when he looked back at Hyoga... he was gone.
_
"Winner... CHARYBDIS!!!" the announcer said as Moses jumped into the arena, Charybdis looking down at Isaac. He seemed disturbed by this sudden twist. She could relate. Before the ref announced the match to start, she raised her hand. "Okay if we swap out?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean if someone else on the team fights Moses."

"Sure. Just remember your team already has suffered one loss, one more and the match is over."

Staring at Moses's grinning form, she turned around to Fenrir and Cecil, who were already playing rock-paper-scissors. Suddenly Fenrir began to rant and rave, cursing Cecil's logic -or lack thereof- of Paper defeating Rock before the Alcor Zeta God Warrior jumped up to the arena. Charybdis stepped off, leading Fenrir to the other side of the ring where Isaac still was.
_
"You Silver Saints..." Cecil sighed, shaking his head as he stared down Moses, "After seeing how your buddy fought... I really don't-"

WHAM!

Cecil was blasted backwards by a strong punch, but he quickly recovered and double-checked his position. Good thing too... he was only a few inches away from the edge.

"Feh... don't compare Asterion to me," Moses answered, flexing a muscle. "The idiot was too reliant on his mind-reading tricks... I'm much more offense-oriented."

Cecil grinned at the concept. "Wonderful... I've been hoping for a field test of my new God Robe." He charged, striking out with a Shadow Viking Tiger Claw and leaving a few scratches on Moses's Cloth, but the man brought his hands back and swung them forward, catching Cecil's head in between. The green-haired boy's head began ringing as he distinctly heard his friends shot out to him... but they seemed so far away anyways. Suddenly he was thrown up into the air.

"WHALE SPOUTING BOMBER!" Moses shouted, punching up and hitting Cecil in the head, the boy screaming in pain before Moses grabbed him by the throat and threw him up into the air again.
_
"Dammit... this is bad..." Charybdis said as Cecil began falling to the ground, "That technique is like a perpetual motion machine. The force of the attack can stun the opponent and Moses just continues using it over and over again..."

"If it weren't for me..." Isaac sighed looking away, "That could be you up there using One World and-"

"Forget it," Fenrir said with a grin. "Cecil doesn't have One World but he's got something that'll work in this situation..."

They both looked at him.

"It's Cecil, Mr. Optimistic-Illegitimate-Child-That-Killed-His-Own-Brother. He'll figure something out."
_
As Cecil shot down from the ground, he blinked, trying to focus. "B... black... Im..."

"DIE!" Moses shouted, punching at his head again... only for a sudden blast of wind to buffet him and knock him backwards. Cecil hit the ground hard, but pushed himself up immediately and staggered away, catching his breath. Suddenly he looked up at Moses, who wondered what the whole deal with moving his hands in some strange way was all about.

"Oh man... I am SO paying you back for that," Cecil said, grinning in spite of the bruising on his face. "Getting beaten by some cheap trick by an underpowered Saint..."

Moses clenched his fist. "What... what did you say?!?"

"I said you were underpowered!" Cecil said, finishing the weird tracing action with his hands. Moses roared, charging, but as he struck, Cecil shook his head. "Can't take it can you?" Cecil's fists smashed into Moses's, the man screaming in pain as blood shot everywhere and his Cloth suddenly sported countless cracks. "Shih-ne..." Cecil said before something some would say was "evil" glistened in his eyes.

"SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE SHIH-NE!!!" Cecil screamed, pounding Moses's body before knocking him into the air. "SHIIIIIHH-NE..." He pulled back for one final blow as Moses fell.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-NEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

One final punch to the face sent Moses flying into a wall, his Cloth shattering by the impact alone before the Whale Saint collapsed. Cecil immediately was announced the winner, and he raised his fist up in victory as several Saint that had been cheering for them stood up and applauded loudly, not bothered by the fact they were cheering for, as some would say, "the wrong side."
_
"You wanted to see me, Pope Aiolos?" Shaina asked as she kneeled before the man.

"Yes, Shaina. As you know... your team will be confronting Team Pentrine tomorrow in battle."

"I know that sir."

"You have three Bronze Saints in your team... and you clearly saw what they were capable of against average-powered Silver Saints."

Shaina shook her head... "It doesn't matter. As you know, the line-up for the tournament will give the group quite the surprise 'element' afterwards, if they win. And they won't..." She grinned. "I will single-handedly demolish every single one of them."
 
A/N: Hyoga's the total psycho that he should technically be, what with the Oedipus Complex. And Shaina's rather confident of her victory. For those that know their Astronomy, they know why. For those that don't… well, you'll find out. ^_^